• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach Extra Speed Calculations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damage3245

He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
This thread is about the multiple speed calculation that are impacted by the new accepted distance between the Seireitei and the Soul King's palace.

Both the distance, and the new results of the calculations can be found here.

We need to look into who scales to these calculations and why, but I also want to address the timeframe value we currently use for the feats.

The feats being:

1) Mimhagi's ascension to the Soul King's palace.

2) Yhwach's darkness beam.

3) Yhwach's Auswahlen.

For some reason we're assuming a value of 3 seconds for these feats. That seems a bit like an odd number to me, and the only reason I can see why it is being used is because this happened to be the Mid-End value of the original calcs. I don't think there's any strong support at all for 1 second, so that number's right out. So I have to question why three seconds would be any better than using five seconds.

Five seconds also generally seems to be a commonly used end on calcs where timeframe is not exactly known:

I'm not saying that this is always correct, or other timeframes can't be used if there's good reason. But if there isn't a good reason then I don't see why we should go lower.

We don't have the anime to rely on for more information or timeframes unfortunately, so until we get that long-awaited adaptation I'm proposing we use a 5 second timeframe for each of these feats.

Last edited:
There was a calc group thread where they accepted these timeframes. I don’t see how these other calcs are relevant to what we used.
I'm just pointing out examples in the past where 5 seconds is used.

"Why 3 seconds"

For the fact that all of that happened fast.

Five seconds seems just as valid to me for "things happening fast".

And I can point to examples where 1 second is used. I just don’t see how it’s relevant when none of those feats are the same. And as I said there was a calc group crt where like 3-4 of em accepted the new timeframe.
Okay, well I'll ask the opinion of some more calc group members.

As I general rule, I tend to not use a timeframe lower than 5 seconds in a manga calc unless we have an anime timeframe or confirmed timeframe from the manga itself

So IMO, 5 seconds should be used based on my personal calc preference, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that 5 seconds is more valid than 3 seconds, but the vice versa is also true, so this is honestly completely subjective 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
2. In order to determine time frame, look to the media itself. If the feat is in video format, you can easily determine exactly how long it takes for the feat to be completed. For videos, determining what Frames per second the video runs at and counting the frames can be an extremely accurate way to dictate time. The tool Watchframebyframe can help with this process. Looking at the timestamp from feat start to feat end can be acceptable as well for longer feats. If the media is not video based, see if there is any indication of a time. Does a character speak of how long it took? If so use this. If not and there is no other way to determine speed, you will need to assume a time frame. If it was a very quick feat, assume 1 second. If it was longer, 1 minute to upwards to 10 minutes can work. Go with whatever makes the most sense in the context of the feat. Once you have this time, convert whatever value you have into seconds.

Which was the high end, 3 mid, 5 low. There is literally 0 real reason to say use 5 as opposed to 3 when based off the timeframe page I can just say 1 second. Unless there is an actual problem why are these things being forced.

There is literally 0 real reason to say use 5 as opposed to 3

And your reason to say 3 as opposed to 5?

Seems clear enough and it was indeed something very fast so guess we can do the 1 second

Something very fast can still take several seconds to traverse a far distance.

I tend to be more conservative than most and think that a timeframe like 5 seconds would be safer, when we don't have any solid timeframe to work with at all.

But if necessary I can accept three seconds until the anime provides us with some clarification for timeframe.

3 seconds is fine

Also like said above "if the feat is fast assume 1 second"

The 3 second was the middle end we decided to not have to deal with this, so either 3 (which was agreed upon) or 1 second as stated above

And what makes it 5 seconds?

As said above if there is no time and the feat was fast the time used is 1 second

Or are people gonna take "I prefer if it was 5 seconds" argument instead of what is written on the wiki that when there is no timeframe and the feat is fast the time taken is 1 second?

@TOAAPRESENCE1; usually I'd expect some kind of context that would suggest a feat to be 1 second.

I gave example of calcs up above that have "fast feats" but don't automatically use a single second.

@TOAAPRESENCE1; usually I'd expect some kind of context that would suggest a feat to be 1 second.

I gave example of calcs up above that have "fast feats" but don't automatically use a single second.
So we based all calcs on what other calcs from diferent verses do?

And as said above we have it written on the wiki what to do when there is no timeframe given

So we based all calcs on what other calcs from diferent verses do?
No. I'm just pointing out that 1 second isn't an automatic default. Something being "very quick" doesn't have an objective definition.

It can be "very quick" and still take a few seconds.

I don't think this is something that can really be settled, all we're are doing is assuming a timeframe based on what we generally do for calcs, I generally use 5 seconds and no lower for an unknown "fast" timeframe from a manga, so I'm more inclined to use 5 seconds

But that doesn't really make using 5 seconds the right or valid answer, it really doesn't have more validity than timeframes like 3 seconds or 1 second, so I can't really give a solid argument to use the 5 seconds over other timeframes other than "Well, that's what I like to do for calcs"

So personally I would use 5 seconds if I made the calc, but I'm not going to enforce that and say 3 seconds is wrong and that we shouldn't use it

Oh God this is gonna be embarrassing
Wait for the "Bleach multipliers make little sense, I recommend we remove them to make the scaling consistent," thread.

ConfusedFixedAmericancicada-small.gif

I don't think this is something that can really be settled, all we're are doing is assuming a timeframe based on what we generally do for calcs, I generally use 5 seconds and no lower for an unknown "fast" timeframe from a manga, so I'm more inclined to use 5 seconds

But that doesn't really make using 5 seconds the right or valid answer, it really doesn't have more validity than timeframes like 3 seconds or 1 second, so I can't really give a solid argument to use the 5 seconds over other timeframes other than "Well, that's what I like to do for calcs"

So personally I would use 5 seconds if I made the calc, but I'm not going to enforce that and say 3 seconds is wrong and that we shouldn't use it
Which is why on the calcs it was

1 second high end

3 mid end

5 as the low end

And it was agreed on the 3 second one

So, my proposition is leave it as it was accepted (3 seconds) and when the anime comes out we can use that timeframe given to us by the anime

@TOAAPRESENCE1

That doesn't mean anything though, I mean using those numbers as a Low-End, Mid-End, and High-End is just as subjective as choosing which end to use, I mean I could just say that using those low numbers as the 3 ends with incorrect and could have said 10 Seconds as Low-End, 5 Seconds as the Mid-End, and 1 Second as the High-End and then argue 5 Seconds because it's the Mid-End

So it's still all subjective

But 3 Seconds is fine to me, I just think arguing over 5 Seconds and 3 Seconds is absurd since neither is the right answer, it's all up to preference, so I'm fine to wait for the anime, but when it comes time for the anime and if it ends up being like 30 seconds or something, I don't wanna hear anyone say the anime timeframe is completely false

Either way I think my proposition is the best for now

It remains the same 3 seconds as agreed before until the anime comes out and we get a timeframe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back