• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach Distance Calculation Revision

Anyway, it’s whatever.
Kukui buddy you're not understanding...

When Yhwach first goes to Soul Palace he doesn't use a portal, he flies straight up.

When Shiba wants to launch everyone up she doesn't use a portal, she fires them up in a physical pillar.

When Squad 0 wants to visit Soul Society they don't use a portal, they fly down in a physical pillar.
Okay and let me ask one thing.

Were these barriers already opened when they did that? Or no?

The barriers were open when Yhwach originally went up but not when he went down.

Which all that indicates is that Yhwach didn't feel like traveling through the barriers. TOAA addresses this.

You realize Ichigo physically flies through the barriers right? We are shown this.

i would do the same as yhwach if i could create portals, why travel such a long distance when i can simply open a portal and take seconds if not just a few minutes

Alright then.

Giving thanks to TOAA for keeping this civil (and being fair I know the gravity of this threads topic is important, so I appreciate the discussion despite that).

@Damage3245
I thought the current thread was resolved, you're taking the agreed suggestions and recalcing the Uryu explosion thing.

What are everyone's thoughts on assuming Ichigo travelled from the top of the barrier to the clock tower within a second (being that he hit it so fast the femritters didn't know what it was), using essentially the radius of Seireitei to find Ichigo's travel speed? It's calcing his final velocity, so then we can find his acceleration, and then find distance.

vi = 343 m/s
vf = 509300 m/s
t = 33300 s
a = (vf - vi)/t = 15.28 m/s^2
x = tvi + 0.5at^2 = 8.49E6 km

I'll include assuming he hit the clock tower within 3 and 5 seconds as well
falling in 3 seconds
x=2.83E6 km
falling in 5 seconds
x=1.70E6 km

We know he started his travel at least at Mach 1 via the sound barrier breaking, and we know his final velocity would be the ~radius of Seireitei divided by how long it took him to hit that clock tower. Apple went into detail about why assuming Ichigo took breaks is unfounded so I won't repeat. Assuming constant acceleration lowballs the calc since Ichigo would have likely hit top speed as soon as possible since he doesn't want his friends to die. The time frame of him hitting clock tower has to be assumed, but given Candice who easily outscales lightning, assuming 1 second is more than fair, but I calced for 3 and 5 seconds for the sake of appeasing.
This is the best thing, since we have Ichigo’s initial and final speed, we also have enough evidence that he could continue the trip maintaining this acceleration without a problem.
My calculation addresses this.
Thoughts? I don't see how this could be construed as calc stacking we are using the feat of Ichigo traveling to find how far he is traveling, it makes fair assumptions regarding how fast Ichigo hit the tower, and we know a weaker Ichigo could fight for 2000 hours, so him accelerating for ~9 hours without breaks is well within reason given that he likely accelerated to top speed off rip and went at max speed the whole trip.

The 72 barriers are the “portals” or gates between this 2 dimensions. The distance inside the 72 barriers is the end result of the physical traveled speed that we are trying to calc. Muken is another dimension inside Seireitei and yet you have to take an elevator to enter and there’s no other door or exist in Muken. If Aizen had killed Shunsui he would be trapped there forever. Even when Yhwach opened a portal to the SS he had to walk a physical distance. Renji and Ichigo were shown walking through the portal he created.

Its both a physical distance and a portal like it has always been in Bleach. Garganta and Dangai also have a physical distance before you can reach the other dimension.

0598-003.png

Last edited:
IIRC Ichigo was the last to leave because he got stopped up at the Hoohden and had to be sent home temporarily.

Ichigo sets off in Ch 555 whereas Renji was with Ichibe even in Ch 564 conversing about his Zan(Rukia was obviously with him.Byakuya just got out of the hot springs near the time Ichigo forged his Zan so I think Ichigo was followed by Rukia n Renji with Byakuya in last place.

The 72 barriers are the “portals” or gates between this 2 dimensions. The distance inside the 72 barriers is the end result of the physical traveled speed that we are trying to calc.

0598-003.png
Just responding to Apples reply to clarify my agreement. This makes much more sense to me now and I see how it can be applied.

Thanks.

Lol of course Damage has objections

Yes, I do.

What we have, in practice, is a massive chain of calc-stacking being used here.

Using a distance calculation, to make a speed calculation, to make a distance calculation, to make another speed calculation.

It's practically textbook calc-stacking. It's even worse than the other suggestions I've seen put forward for calcing the distance.

How is it calc stacking when ichigo shows the speed and there are no other calcs being used to get him to the speed being used?

How is it calc stacking when ichigo shows the speed and there are no other calcs being used to get him to the speed being used?

Are you ignoring that that blog post is using Ichigo's calced speed to calc a distance primarily for the purpose of calcing multiple other speed calcs? It's not Ichigo's speed alone that I'm referring to as the calc stacking.

Yes, I do.

What we have, in practice, is a massive chain of calc-stacking being used here.

Using a distance calculation, to make a speed calculation, to make a distance calculation, to make another speed calculation.

It's practically textbook calc-stacking. It's even worse than the other suggestions I've seen put forward for calcing the distance.
Clearly it's not that cut and dry as other staff members disagree with that sentiment.

We are able to calc his final velocity during the trip, we know his initial velocity as well as the timeframe. Everything is self contained within the single feat of traveling from Reiokyu to Seireitei.

This is not calc-stacking. "Using speed of characters or attacks calculated at other instances can't be used" We are not using speed calculated at other instances it is all within the same instance of Ichigo traveling.

Hell going by the rules on the Calc Stacking paging, Ichigo is reliably stated faster than lightning, since Candice is stated above natural lighting, and we know TS Ichigo > Candice. So by the rules of the page there shouldn't be any problem with lightning speed x time to get the distance. However, that yields a super high number so we re-evaluated for the sake of pleasing the Staff and your ridiculous lowballing and even then you find convoluted ways of construing the feat so it can't be applied.

@Arc7Kuroi; it is calc stacking. The guidelines for using distances in other calcs doesn't allow for this situation from what I can tell.

There's also the issue of constant acceleration being assumed when this is not implied. Having infinite stamina does not imply infinite/non-stop acceleration for character's travel speeds.

And the "erasing friction" argument doesn't work because that isn't what is said in the manga. The Oken clothing does not remove friction, it just allows the wearer to survive it.

@Arc7Kuroi; it is calc stacking. The guidelines for using distances in other calcs doesn't allow for this situation from what I can tell.

There's also the issue of constant acceleration being assumed when this is not implied. Having infinite stamina does not imply infinite/non-stop acceleration for character's travel speeds.

And the "erasing friction" argument doesn't work because that isn't what is said in the manga. The Oken clothing does not remove friction, it just allows the wearer to survive it.
Ichigo fought for 2000 hours straight, to say he couldn't constantly accelerate at less than a third the acceleration of gravity, whilst traveling down is stupid. It is more than a fair assumption. Unless you'd rather argue Ichigo flew at top speed the entire time since that's more likely.

If that’s Damage’s argument, I don’t even have to worry about it, most member calc agree that this isn’t stacking calculus.
Praise the lord for common sense existing within the majority.

Last edited:
I'm not even going to talk about the argument about Ichigo not being able to maintain this acceleration, because it is actually ridiculous.

Well, to be honest, even if Ichigo could run a treadmill at a constant speed for a week, that doesn’t mean he would be able to do the same thing while constantly accelerating.

To give you an example, I can easily run 2-3 miles at a relatively constant velocity, however, if I started to run at speed “A” and tried to continuously accelerate the entire way through my 2-3 mile run, I would burn out at like a 1/6 a mile.

I know, comparing a normal Human to a death god is dumb, but I’m sure the basic premise still stands. Could Ichigo realistically run or fly at a constant speed for days on end? Sure, but that doesn’t mean he would be able to constantly accelerate the entire way through as the energy he would need to expend would be exponentially greater.

The treadmill drains his energy and he is capable of fighting for 3 months straight. I don’t honestly see how anyone can argue anything against his stamina at all. All this was when his power was unstable.

The Ichigo here is vastly superior.

In fact it is not a good example, since, Ichigo was flying for down and in a suit that protected him from friction, besides, we have the quote that he will hurry to arrive. When we see him coming, there is no sign of tiredness and he casually shows to be much higher than the speed of the lightning, which in this case is higher than the final speed we found. We still have the fact that he kept fighting for 2000 hours straight, so kind of being able to maintain an acceleration at a MUCH slower speed than he casually achieves in combat should be something easier.

I heavly doubt you could run with something draining your energy constanlty, and still do not feel nothing because you have to much stamina for run even for days.
9 hours are a joke for Ichigo, and considering at the end he still travelled 500km in just one panel, and he wasn't even sweating, proves that what he did wasn't taking too much energy from his body. You could actually argue that he maintened that speed (500km in one panel) for the entire voyage; assuming he started with sound speed and then accelerating is the fairest thing possible.

He runs at a constant speed for 5 days aka 120 hours while being drained of energy, a little over 13 times longer than when he flew down to Seireitei from Reiokyu. That was a vastly inferior Ichigo that ran for 5 days as well.

Ichigo also fought for 2000 hours straight, about 222 times longer than his flight. This was also a weaker Ichigo.

According to USklaverei's calc Ichigo would only be accelerating at 3m/s^2 a good deal less than the acceleration of gravity, whilst traveling down.

Not to mention Ichigo would be traveling as fast as possible because his friends are in danger. So realistically, he likely traveled the entire distance going at the final velocity found in USklaverei's calc.

So not only does USklaverei operate on extremely fair assumptions it's still a lowballed calc.

I'm heading offline for tonight, but I'll resume this tomorrow. Hopefully we can finish the current speed revisions so this can be looked at properly.

Well, to be honest, even if Ichigo could run a treadmill at a constant speed for a week, that doesn’t mean he would be able to do the same thing while constantly accelerating.

To give you an example, I can easily run 2-3 miles at a relatively constant velocity, however, if I started to run at speed “A” and tried to continuously accelerate the entire way through my 2-3 mile run, I would burn out at like a 1/6 a mile.

I know, comparing a normal Human to a death god is dumb, but I’m sure the basic premise still stands. Could Ichigo realistically run or fly at a constant speed for days on end? Sure, but that doesn’t mean he would be able to constantly accelerate the entire way through as the energy he would need to expend would be exponentially greater.
Actually Ichigo had another stamina feat before the two above.

0072-014.png
0072-015.png

Beginning of SS Arc Ichigo can fight for five days and nights straight.

Beginning of Arrancar Arc Ichigo can run for five days straight.

End of Arrancar Arc Ichigo can fight for 3 months straight.

TYBW Arc Ichigo flew for 9 hours and 15 minutes at top speed to save his friends. But we can't actually calc this.

Lmao so yes TYBW Ichigo accelerating at ~3m/s for 9 hours is more than fair. Anything less is idiotic or blatant attempt at downplay.

I'm heading offline for tonight, but I'll resume this tomorrow. Hopefully we can finish the current speed revisions so this can be looked at properly.
Goodnight son.

Back