• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach Bankai General Discussion Thread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I must've misremembered. Whoops. So now almost every character will be getting a Possibly High 6-A rating scaling from Meninas being potentially on par with Kenpachi.

Well Meninas has only interacted with Liltotto, True Shikai Ichigo and Giriko in the Novel.

Giriko so far only went into a fist fight with Meninas and shrugged off being hit by Candice's Lightning/Heilig Pfeil while under his large amp.

Edit: Meninas off-screen supposedly fought Byakuya, but Byakuya already has his High 6-A key from Gerard, consistency there I guess.

@Imade Peter is right, you have to re-read the Kenpachi fight. In fact I think a lot of people on this site need to re-read, or even just read it for the first time. Its stated in black and white and backed by feats than Unohana scales.

That said, all of this occured in the manga. It was written by Kubo himself. The bit about Meninas was just head canon on Norita's part.

Dr.Fix said:
@Imade Peter is right, you have to re-read the Kenpachi fight. In fact I think a lot of people on this site need to re-read, or even just read it for the first time. Its stated in black and white and backed by feats than Unohana scales.
We already discussed this, she has no way to scale to the Kenpachi that fought Gremmy when Unohana fought a weaker Kenpachi.

There is no statement that Unohana scales when she literally says she was weaker than that Kenpachi. That Kenpachi also being massively weaker than the one that fought Gremmy due to Zanpakuto amps.

How about this let's all reread chapters 520-526 and than we will have a thread to discuss whether or not Unohana scales. Cause it seems like this topic will need a thread for itself.

Zezu1995 said:
Um wouldnt the sterns just scale to base kenpachi? also what tier is base anyways?
That was a heavily weakened Kenpachi though.

However, Meninas scales due to the Novel saying she's about as strong as him. Liltotto scales from Meninas directly. Giselle has nothing going for her to scale to Kenpachi nor Meninas. Candice at least hit base Kenpachi, but as I said Kenpachi was heavily weakened from fighting Gremmy.

Peter1129 said:
How about this let's all reread chapters 520-526 and than we will have a thread to discuss whether or not Unohana scales. Cause it seems like this topic will need a thread for itself.
There's no need, Kenpachi literally received amps after killing Unohana thanks to his Zanpakuto.

You can't scale Unohana to a stronger Kenpachi when she lost to a weaker Kenpachi.

Some people agree some people disagree on whether or not the Kenpachi Unohana fought is the same that fought Gremmy. So yeah we are probably going to need a thread to discuss this. Also when did it say Base Kenpachi got amps from learning his zanpakuto's name?

I agree with Imade

Unohana was beaten by a Kenpachi mid training, so while she is >> Post Timeskip Kenpachi, she's quite <<<< TYBW Kenpachi

Giselle seems to be simply a more haxxy Sternritter than focused on ap but I'm unsure on Candice, she was able to fight Kenpachi and Ichigo, but one was Weakened and the other was extremely casual

She didn't get beaten by mid-training Kenpachi though. She was fighting end of training Base Kenpachi after he finally released all of his restraints with Bankai for a while before getting killed.

That literally was mid-training Kenpachi. End of Training would be the Kenpachi that fought Gremmy.

Realize that knowing your Zanpakuto's name provides an amp to you and then learning to fight alongside your Zanpakuto is an even larger amp.

The Kenpachi that killed Bankai Unohana had not received those amps yet.

The Kenpachi that fought Gremmy had received those amps.

Peter1129 said:
I second this. Furthermore, actual backing from the manga should be used so we know people did in fact actually read said fight.

@Imade Your knowledge of the novels/databooks is astounding, I'll happily give you that. But you could use a refresher on the actual canon being discussed, not just the supplementary materials.

At the end of chapter 525 after Unohana said return to your old self and surpass me we see Zaraki smiling and Unohana said come. This implies that Zaraki has finally released all of his restraints. After this she never managed to kill Kenpachi anymore. So Unohana then went Bankai in chapter 526 and put up somewhat of a fight against this Kenpachi before getting killed.

I've read the manga about 8 times due to battleboard purposes and making Respect Threads for half of the characters in the series for other battleboards.

I know the fight very well and I know the details regarding Zanpakuto power ups. If you want, you can go ahead and read the fight over again, it won't change the fact that Kenpachi hadn't received his Zanpakuto amps when he killed Bankai Unohana.

She has no way to scale to the Kenpachi who did have those amps when he fought Gremmy.

@IMade so the only thing that's preventing Unohana from scaling is Base Kenpachi getting stronger for learning his zanpakuto name right? Sorry if I don't remember but where did it say that learning your zanpakuto's name will increase your base form's power? I know they get an increased power via Shikai but I don't recall getting stronger in base.

Zezu1995 said:
base gremmy/kenny isnt cont tho... only shikai/clone + is .. so how would others get 6-A?
Zezu base gremmy is high 6a,here is how it was gotten, gremmy said when he multiplies he gets boost in power,we know 2 gremmy made the meteor which was accepted as 18.79 petatons, so to get base gremmy rating,just divide 18.79 by 2 which is =9 petatons,still multi-continent.

oooooooo i see but i wouldnt really scale the mid tier sterns to him at all .. other than the elites he ***** on them badly

Peter1129 said:
@IMade so the only thing that's preventing Unohana from scaling is Base Kenpachi getting stronger for learning his zanpakuto name right? Sorry if I don't remember but where did it say that learning your zanpakuto's name will increase your base form's power? I know they get an increased power via Shikai but I don't recall getting stronger in base.
Chapter 111 has Ichigo receiving a power boost after learning that he has to fight alongside with his Zanpakuto which makes him even more powerful than he is.

Old Man Zangetsu even notes how he and Ichigo working together is in contrast to Kenpachi who fights alone and ignores his Zanpakuto.

It was a huge amp since after it Ichigo was easily beating Kenpachi and still won even when Kenpachi took off his eyepatch.

"Harmony" with your Zanpakuto spirit affects Base, Shikai and Bankai as we've seen with Ichigo and Rukia, Renji and Byakuya Post their Royal Guard Training.

With Ichigo vs Urahara, we learn that Asauchi are no where near as powerful as a named Zanpakuto which was the whole point of Urahara's lesson: To get Ichigo a real Zanpakuto and not a simple Asauchi.

Kenpachi all this time had an Asauchi until he could talk to his Zanpakuto and learn it's name. It's an amp as well.

Tbh I don't see why unohana shouldn't scale to base kenpachi tho,and we don't know if kenpachi got a boost in power after he learnt his zanpakto name tho,there isn't any official confirmation that he did.

@IMade Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't all of your example of characters getting stronger while using Shikai? Ichigo was always in a Shikai state after he unlocked it in his fight against Urahara. After their Royal Guard Training Rukia, Renji, and Byakuya has only ever fought in Shikai and Bankai and never in base.

They don't use their Shikai to get stronger, it's an amp after true interaction and working together with their Zanpakuto spirit.

So it's using the Zanpakuto to get stronger and it affects all their stats for each stage: Base, Shikai and Bankai.

Kenpachi also has the benefit of going from Asauchi to Zanpakuto, Oetsu explains it that Kenpachi found an Asauchi from a dead Shinigami.

Ok I see we're not going to open a seperate thread.

Seeing as Imade is the only one against it, and his only reason is because he thinks BASE Zaraki got stronger AFTER killing Unohana, which has been refutted and debunked, can the changes be applied?

Dr.Fix said:
Ok I see we're not going to open a seperate thread.

Seeing as Imade is the only one against it, and his only reason is because he thinks BASE Zaraki got stronger AFTER killing Unohana, which has been refutted and debunked, can the changes be applied?
saying something's debunked =/= debunked lol . and this ain't even a crt lmao.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
Dr.Fix you do realize this isn't a Crt correct?,I also completely agree with IMade on this.
Yeah I know. I thought I'd ask anyway since the rules have been a little loose lately.

Zezu1995 said:
any1 got the novel scan of it saying
'Meninas McAllon is as strong as kenpachi"?
As the name "The Power" suggests, Meninas' ability is purely immense physical strength.

Although Meninas' power could have been judged as potentially being on par with Zaraki Kenpachi when it's a simple contest of strength, in the next instant, a 'power' that rivaled her's repelled the charred tree back into the sky.

so a buddy is telling me about this novel girl named aura .. shes a fullbringer and she has the ability to manipulate the soul in everything around her. Even the cells of her own body also ginriko can get stronger if he uses time as a sacrifice in their fight with the femfitters

Haven't caught up with the Light Novel, still on Vol 1, but Aura scales to TYBW Ginjo correct? And does she have any scans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back