• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach Bankai General Discussion Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Veloxt1r0kore said:
Show us then. ovo
There is this anime feat which I think could put Koga and probably even Jin Kariya at High 7-A or baseline 6-C. Just have to do that calc and get it evaluated first.

I wanted to make a Hanataro profile, but unfortunately, he doesnt have any feats on the manga, besides being knocked out by Kenpachi reiatsu.

CursedGentleman said:
I wanted to make a Hanataro profile, but unfortunately, he doesnt have any feats on the manga, besides being knocked out by Kenpachi reiatsu.
He is weak even by the standards of someone of his rank.

He almost killed that Menos Grande, okay?!

Not to mention that other shikai of his in which it turns into a giant canon.

Otherwise he should still be very durable, since he did survive an attack of Rukia, who herself is a 7-C, while she was under mind control.

When did Hanataro almost kill a Menos Grande?

A very weakened Rukia on the brink of death outright one-shot Hanataro.

Anime Filler (He fatally injured the Menos Grande, then Yumichika appeared and said no u to and also slashed at him, it kinda looked as if they did 50/50 damage due to how the markings on the Menos Grande body was like a blue and green X)

Well, he didnt die, that should still count, since she is still 7-C oof

It's anime only when he almost kills the Menos Grande.

But he did have some snippets in the Volume Chapter endings when Kon takes over his body and fights random Shinigami, defeating them and eventually facing Kenpachi.

CursedGentleman said:
Well, he didnt die, that should still count, since she is still 7-C oof
Again I would like to point out that Rukia was extremely weakened then. And I would like to point out that it is more an endurance feat than a durability feat. It is well established in this verse that Shinigami have crazy endurance.

By the way, do you know how strong Arturo Plateado would be?

I mean, the dude did whipe the shit out of Seireitei and all, not to mention that I thought in making a page on Seizen Suzunami, but I would need to make three keys on him, and I have no idea where he would belong.

Yeah it'll be nice if someone could calc it, I'm always curious to know how large the karakura town is. If we have the size of the town, we could also use that to calc Ichigo's feat of destroying Yukio's pocket dimension by just activating his bankai.

AppleLord said:
We shouldn't take Aizen's statement as facts. As statements are worth nothing in Bleach.
Why not?

I'm pretty sure most statements are worth a lot in all series if said by reputable sources, and this statement isn't particularly ludicrous.

AppleLord said:
Many statements in other series are overlook and not accepted, why would Bleach be an exception?
Statements are overlooked when they contradict what has been shown in the series, are obviously hyperbolic in its wording, or the source is not reputable. The same goes for author statements and canonical or non-canonical guidebooks.

But saying that statements are meaningless and should automatically be rejected is just wrong.

Aizen, before becoming a power-hungry monster after fusing and evolving with the Hogyoku, was brilliant and should be more than capable of sensing Yamamoto's power and making an accurate statement about its destructive capabilities.

It isn't seemingly hyperbolic in its wording, there's nothing ridiculous like Yamamoto having "infinite power" or something like that.

And finally, this is the first time in the series that we had a real statement on Yamamoto's destructive power barring "he's the strongest" or that he "has the strongest Zanpakto" or something along those lines.

I don't see why this statement wouldn't be taken literally.

Except this space is calcable. I literally gave proof for a 13km blade fitting inside of it. We have a map of Karakura Town, so a size could be determined from it using that. Aizen's statement just tells us that Yama's Shikai is capable of destroying an area many times the size of Karakura Town.

It's all valid.

A valid feat for Karakura Town, but not for "an area many times" the size of Karakura Town, that's not valid since there's no way to calculate that without guessing.

AppleLord said:
A valid feat for Karakura Town, but not for "an area many times" the size of Karakura Town, that's not valid since there's no way to calculate that without guessing.
You can take the size needed for destroying Karakura Town and multiply it by different numbers.

Take a Low, Mid, and a High end.

What's the problem, exactly?

Are you serious? We have a map, a confirmed length. Finding Karakura Town is simple and requires no more.

Then it's easy to apply to Yamamoto per Aizen's statement. We've taken worse statements for lesser calcs. We have explicit things here to go off of.

Malikobama1 said:
"Couple" is two
"Several" is more than two but not many

"Many" would therefore be four at the minimum, so the calc would assume he turns an area four times the size of Karakura to ash as the lowballed end

Source: Google Dictionary
I meant this. ^^^

My recommendation:

In the case of a word indicating a simple plurality (such as 'multiple', dozens, hundreds, thousands, etc.), it'd be best to go with 2, 24, 200, 2000 and so on (as a safe low end).

In the case of words such as 'few', it'd be best to go with three as a low end. In case of things like 'few dozen' and 'few hundred' (and so on), it'd be best to go with 36 and 300 respectively (and so on).

In the case of words such as 'many' and 'several', low end of 4 is acceptable. In the case of many dozens and hundreds (and so on), then 48 and 400 (and so on).

Alright, well I have all the scans and translations needed. If you would like to do it just message me. If not, I guess I can find someone else to calc it.

Only Rukia showed to have Memory Manipulation with a device, and she only use it against Humans. (Isshin Gigai too)

Urahara has it too, Ichigo questions if Urahara took his friends memories at the end of the Arrancar Arc and Urahara says he didn't this time. And when Rukia was taken by Renji and Byakuya, everyone forgot about Rukia and didn't know she existed.

@IMade is right. Erasure of memories of humans appears to be a standard practice. It makes sense that any Shinigami sent to the human world would have the memory manipulator as standard equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back