• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach Abilities Additions (Most Characters)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is a deviation in what i usually post but it's still is important in my grand-scheme of fixing the Bleach Profiles on this Wiki. This thread also shouldn't be controversial given the very blatant statement/feats behind it.

So lets begin.

All Bleach Characters that use Reiryoku offensively should gain Power Nullification with it given Aizen's statement about Reiryoku V Reiryoku battles.

0391-015.png

"Soul Reaper fights are battles of Spiritual Energy (Reiryoku). I'll suppress your technique and powers with my own Spiritual Energy (Reiryoku)".

So the actual text that would be on the profiles would be something like "Limited Power Nullification (Reiryoku can null the abilities and technique's of those massively weaker then [Character's Name]"or something of this effect.

(Note: This addition only applies to Soul Reapers/Hollows and Specific Fullbringers/Quincy's like Ginjo and Yhwach/Soul King)

Agree: Nightmare_Bloodfallen, Arc7Kuroi, AnonymousBlank, DemonGodMitchAubin, JED, geezis, Tyri456, KingTempest, LordGriffin1000, Damage3245

Disagree: Duedate8898

Neutral:

Last edited:
I agree, this is supported in SAFWY when Kenpachi uses his spirit energy to neg Cien/Szayel's organ hax. Maybe Limited PN is better? Considering it seemingly requires a rather large gap in spirit energy.

I agree with the KS thing but wasn’t the Cien hax only because the voodoo doll organs are as durable as the actual organs? He even says that he could break the pieces with his sword but that’s basically pointless since he may as well just scrap with Kenny.

All Bleach Characters that use Reiryoku offensively should gain Power Nullification with it given Aizen's statement about Reiryoku V Reiryoku battles.

I'd rather limit this to all characters who have actually shown feats of Power Nullification than extrapolating it to anyone who can use spiritual energy offensively.

It's an innate property of spirit energy, it's not something that is learned. Rather if your spirit energy far exceeds your opponents you can power null their abilities. I think that's more Limited PN due to it being conditional on the SE difference.

CFYOW literally stated equal or greater power can negate hax. Let me find the scan.
No, only if your SE exceeds your opponent's.

I mean this technically works, but It's very limited tho. You basically have to be way more powerful for it to work at all. Like the difference in power between Soi Fon and Aizen is like an Ant in comparison to a Whale.

So sure, this can be added, but it's not as broken as it looks on paper

I mean this technically works, but It's very limited tho. You basically have to be way more powerful for it to work at all. Like the difference in power between Soi Fon and Aizen is like an Ant in comparison to a Whale.

So sure, this can be added, but it's not as broken as it looks on paper
Pretty much this. You have my agreeal

I'm really against this for now. Just going off what's provided here for the CRT, Aizen specifies himself in the suppressing of Suì-Fēng's shikai. He doesn't extrapolate this into something that all soul reapers can do or an inherent mechanic of Reiryoku. I haven't read this fight in a while so if there are more pages to this that better explain it, please post them. There is also mention of I assume to be light-novel instances that further support this, it would be appreciated if those were posted so I or others who don't know them could better evaluate this proposal.

He doesn't extrapolate this into something that all soul reapers can do or an inherent mechanic of Reiryoku.
"Shinigami fights are battles of spirit energy. I'll suppress your own techniques and powers with my own spirit energy."

First sentence of the phrase. He opens by saying it's a fundamental mechanic of Soul Reaper battles. The reason he later uses personal pronouns like "I/my" is because HE is the one fighting at the moment. However, the sentence reads as follows because Shinigami fights are battles of spirit energy, Aizen is able to power null Soi Fon with his superior spirit energy. It very much so generalizes the statement. Aizen is explaining a fundamental battle mechanic for Shinigami combat.

"Shinigami fights are battles of spirit energy. I'll suppress your own techniques and powers with my own spirit energy."

First sentence of the phrase. He opens by saying it's a fundamental mechanic of Soul Reaper battles. The reason he later uses personal pronouns like "I/my" is because HE is the one fighting at the moment. However, the sentence reads as follows because Shinigami fights are battles of spirit energy, Aizen is able to power null Soi Fon with his superior spirit energy. It very much so generalizes the statement. Aizen is explaining a fundamental battle mechanic for Shinigami combat.
I don't agree with this interpretation. The first sentence by itself is applied to all shinigami yes, however, the second one, does specify Aizen alone. While I do agree that there can be wiggle room to extrapolate this statement to others, there isn't anything being presented within this CRT that helps fill that wiggle room. That's why I asked for scans of the other mentioned instances because just taking this statement by itself, only Aizen would deserve the rewarding of Power Null as an ability, since within the manga, only he is ever shown to do exactly what he says here.
That does nothing to convince me.

I don't agree with this interpretation. The first sentence by itself is applied to all shinigami yes, however, the second one, does specify Aizen alone. While I do agree that there can be wiggle room to extrapolate this statement to others, there isn't anything being presented within this CRT that helps fill that wiggle room. That's why I asked for scans of the other mentioned instances because just taking this statement by itself, only Aizen would deserve the rewarding of Power Null as an ability, since within the manga, only he is ever shown to do exactly what he says here.
Let me drop the CFYOW scan that supports my/deceived's interpretation.

"However, now that someone other than Aizen was using the blade, another weakness was involved. Tokinada's spiritual pressure was nowhere near Aizen's level, and because of that, it was possible for the shikai transformation itself to be sealed through incredibly strong spiritual pressure."

Here, because Tokinada's SP isn't far superior to everyone else's, he can have his KS power nulled by stronger characters. In fact this is exactly what Aura does, she uses her superior SP to prevent Tokinada from using KS.

And no, Aizen still prefaces the entire statement by saying it's a broad fundamental property of Shinigami battles.

Looking at the full text, I'm even more unsure of applying this ability to all Soul Reapers. While I can now agree that Aizen's statement can be applied on Spiritual Energy in full, this added text does seem to add another stipulation.

"Then again, there were very few people who had spiritual pressure that exceeded Tokinada's and who could also skillfully perform such a feat."

Looking at this line, there seems to be a matter of skill involved alongside the power with suppressing someone's abilities with your spiritual pressure, which would also further explain why instances of power null in this form don't seem to occur too often in Bleach. This power seems better rewarded on a case-by-case basis if there isn't more to further illustrate it. And alongside that, even if all profiles don't get the power, it would do well to list this as a weakness for Bleach Characters.

If their opponent exceeds their spiritual power and has the skill to do so, their powers can be suppressed/nullified.

You're missing the context of the fight.

Tokinada was spamming countless separate Zanpakuto abilities, the reason it would require skill is because the person would have to get close enough to Tokinada to actually powernull his Zanpakuto. Furthermore, Tokinada was 1 v everyone-ing the Kyogoku advance force, further supporting the fact that you'd have to be very skilled to even fight Tokinada (as he is extremely skilled himself).

Idk the "then again" makes it seem like its talking about the higher sp and skilled required to apply the sealing not get close to tokinada, was he aware she wasn't affected by kyoka? He seemed pretty caught off.

Looking at the full text, I'm even more unsure of applying this ability to all Soul Reapers. While I can now agree that Aizen's statement can be applied on Spiritual Energy in full, this added text does seem to add another stipulation.

"Then again, there were very few people who had spiritual pressure that exceeded Tokinada's and who could also skillfully perform such a feat."

Looking at this line, there seems to be a matter of skill involved alongside the power with suppressing someone's abilities with your spiritual pressure, which would also further explain why instances of power null in this form don't seem to occur too often in Bleach. This power seems better rewarded on a case-by-case basis if there isn't more to further illustrate it. And alongside that, even if all profiles don't get the power, it would do well to list this as a weakness for Bleach Characters.

If their opponent exceeds their spiritual power and has the skill to do so, their powers can be suppressed/nullified.
You don't need skill for every hax. Yammy and ichigo for example negated orhimes causality ability. Yammy has no skill and ichigo was half dead.

Hatchi couldn't heal ichigo because grimmjows left over reiastu was negating his space-time reversal kido.

Is this considered standard for them. Because Azien shouldn't have have needed to explain this to her if this was a common thing they all could achieve. Everyone would know who there abilities should and shouldn't effect no?

Is this considered standard for them. Because Azien shouldn't have have needed to explain this to her if this was a common thing they all could achieve. Everyone would know who there abilities should and shouldn't effect no?
It is hinted being common knowledge when Liltotto states that her and co's hax wouldn't work on the God Tiers of the verse.

Also explaining how abilities work through character monologues is just what Shounen does.

Furthermore, the point of Aizen vs the Gotei 13 was to highlight how much they underestimated Aizen, as Gin points out. Soi Fon was more likely shocked that Aizen was this strong.

From a pure indexing standpoint, I can see why this would be desired to be added but at the same time it doesn't feel accurate to the characters for the most part. Bleach characters don't regularly null powers through sheer spiritual energy. Only the likes of Aizen are shown to be capable of it which is why I'm more fine for just him (and anyone else who has shown it) to have it.

We could speculate and say "Someone like Soi-Fon could possibly negate a Lieutenant's power or an unseated Shinigami's power" but it still doesn't feel right to put on her profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back