• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BlazBlue: Speed Upgrade?

BLUE (Stage)

In Central Fiction, a new stage is introduced called BLUE. The stage takes place in the Boundary.....

In the story mode, Ragna & Terumi fight one last time in this very stage.

Due to what we know about the Boundary, does that mean the characters have Infinite speed? In the Boundary, due to it basically being a complete void, you can't even life a finger while in there. Yet in the story mode, Ragna and Terumi are fighting at speeds they usually fight in in this stage.

From previous talkings, the Boundry has been considered an area that would grant infinite speed to anyone who could move while in there, at is devoid of time. Infinite speed due to this for anyone who scales to these two sounds very reasonable.

But wouldn't that mean everyone? Ragna has fought against damn near the entire cast throughout the entire story.

If this would severely contradict all other displayed speed displays from the characters, I think that it is safe to say that infinite speed is a Plot-Induced Stupidity Outlier, and/or that the area that they were fighting in had some other strange illogical properties that enabled them to move normally there.

Zeldasmash said:
But wouldn't that mean everyone? Ragna has fought against damn near the entire cast throughout the entire story.
Do we know how they were able to fight in the Boundry?

That would scale only to Ragna and Terumi if true.

And maybe hakumen 100%

Azrael... Maybe?

Ragna in the end of the game is WAY stronger than the rest of the cast. He punched terumi out of susanoo unit alone, the same who had the power to destroy "everything", including Amaterasu

From what i could gather, the stage is basically the Azure, but the Azure can only be found in the Boundary. Noel opened the gates there and sent Ragna and Terumi there to prove the Ragna can beat Terumi there, which he does.

So, is it stated outright that time is nonexistent within this area, and that most beings would be frozen there?

However, even if this is the case, it seems more logical to interpret it as that the beings who fought there had a hax immunity to time stop, or that it is a massive plot hole, than that every character in the series has infonite speed.

yea, It was stated in Hakumen's story that time don't exist in there. He only survived inside the boundary due to the susanoo Unit (he could only float. He was unable to move even a finger in there)

Also, if I'm not wrong, Ragna fought Terumi one last time inside an space created by Trinity, where Terumi could be killed. Not really inside the boundary.

Well, I think that it seems less contradictory to simply include an "immunity to time stop" power into their pages, much like for Natsu Dragneel.

Three questions:

• Does time actually not exist in the boundary/BLUE?
  • Do any fighters other than Ragna and Terumi fight within the confines of this stage (in story mode)?
  • Are any other characters within the story shown to be completely frozen/not moving within the confines of the boundary/BLUE?
Even if this was accepted, this would only scale to Ragna and Terumi, as other characters were not shown to be on this stage within story mode.

Lina Shields said:
Two questions:
  • Does time actually not exist in the boundary/BLUE?
  • Do any fighters other than Ragna and Terumi fight within the confines of this stage (in story mode)?
  • Are any other characters within the story shown to be completely frozen/not moving within the confines of the boundary/BLUE?
Even if this was accepted, this would only scale to Ragna and Terumi, as other characters were not shown to be on this stage within story mode.
It does not exist:

http://i.imgur.com/9PU5Wc4.jpg

No, only Ragna and Terumi

Yes, Hakumen was completely frozen inside the boundary. He could only float.

Also, they were fighting in an space (created by Trinity), that is inside the boundary/BLUE. That's why they were able to move.

It wouldn't make sense Ragna and terumi being able to move in there, while Hakumen 100% was unable to do it

Viewing that image, it specifically that time has not just stopped, but rather, time simply does not exist in that plane.

Would the rules regarding time stop apply to something like this? Considering that immunity to time stop requires that time actually be manually stopped, instead of stop existing altogether?

Really?

I thought that Infinite Speed was when was stopped at Zero, but if time directly is unexistent, then its a Immeasurable feat

They were fighting in a space inside the boundary, created by Trinity. Ragna and Terumi were protected by that created space.

so their profiles should stay just as they are

Or maybe a little upgrade for Rags since he beaten Susanoo which is around the same level as Hakumen 100%

Brunout said:
They were fighting in a space inside the boundary, created by Trinity. Ragna and Terumi were protected by that created space.
so their profiles should stay just as they are
Just curious, how do you know this? Is there an image or video showing that Trinity made this space?

Just curious, how do you know this? Is there an image or video showing that Trinity made this space?

That's what the people from BlazBlue wiki said in one of their threads.

That when Trinity (using the susanoo unit) slashed Terumi with that weapon, she teleported him and Ragna to a space where Terumi could be killed without weapons that can affect spirits.

Are you sure? I just read a comment there that said that they jumped into The Boundary and continued to fight.

Screen Shot 2016-10-14 at 10.08.33 PM

Well, it was one of the comments that said that. So i'm not 100% sure if that was what actually happened.

Also, I found a site which explains the events of the game.

http://blazblue.kumodori.com/cfdigest.html

Here says that Terumi and Ragna were able to fight in there because both were "chosen ones"

Not sure if this is trustful

Zeldasmash said:
Central Fiction is the last game focusing on Ragna's story.
So we get a new protagonist now, eh? Damn, as long we get a good villain along the like of Terumi, I guess I'm good with that.

From what that link shows: Ragna and Terumi were sent to the Azure Horizon by the Azure itself. From what i can tell, the Azure is the thing shown in the stage, but there is only one place where the Azure resides:

The Boundary.

If Trinity did create a space within the Boundary for Ragna and Terumi to fight, then her magic must be immensley strong to be able to create a protective field within the Boundary, a place where multiple dimensions and timelines interconnect at once, and right next to the Azure.

Also, why would she protect Terumi of all people? Wouldn't she just let him stay in the Boundary and eventually die?

Hm, to think of it, Trinity wouldn't be able to do such a thing.

Also, the site also says that Ragna became part of the Master Unit's core. Doesn't this give him a huge upgrade?

Ragna would indeed get an upgrade, probably to Low 2-C considering he either resetted the timeline or created a new timeline where no one remembered him.

And also, this: [1]

Rewriting a timeline, or creating a new one, is a Low 2-C feat, yes.

However, we may have to include footnotes in Ragna's and Terumi's pages that their abilities to move without time are considered as an outlier or extreme hax.

Well, Es did say that Susano'o is just as strong as the Azure itself and considering his God status and the ability to exist outside of reality, i actually wouldn't be surprised if Terumi could legitemately move around in there.

Ragna on the other hand......

Back