• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which really wont help him due to blake's better ranged attacks, versatility, mobility, and her semblance, as well as aura protecting her from the brunt damage fire deals

Blake doesn't have better ranged attacks at all, Zuko has better versatility with his fire honestly. Her semblance won't help for much other than dodging and creating ice clones Zuko would quickly burn or blast through.

And while her aura would protect her from burns, it wouldn't stop knockback.

Lastly, Zuko scales to 1.685 tons. Blake scales to 1.42

Zuko mid diff

• Hundreds of meters vs dozens of meters
  • Spammable blade beams that stun on contact
  • Ice rounds that freeze on contact
Yes she does have better ranged options

Also darkness clones that she can use as a decoy

Also, Blake has dealt with fire users before but half of Blake's arsenal is completely foreign to Zuko

Yeah, the ice wouldnt be effective against Zuko.

Still undecided though, Its Blakes range vs Zuko's skill

Though Blake does have superior range, as far as I can say Blake's range is not powerful enough to beat Zuko, while she does have ranged options her main style of fighting and the brunt of her power is in mid to close range where she deals direct damage with Gambol Shroud (while she did beat Torchwick with the Blade beam she still performed it in a relatively close range since they were inside a train). Whilst the Blade beams are useful and capable of stunning (though the opponent did have Aura so he did not really deal the full brunt of the attack, so it's questionable what would happen to Zuko who has no Aura. But he still has a good enough Durability so it would probably just stun him) they are completely dodgable or blockable if she fires from long range. He would not just stand there and take it, and Dust and ammunition is a limited resource so her using dust as a projectile would probably be not enough to beat Zuko ( also she mostly uses dust for her clones anyways)

If Blake wants to win this she has to take this at mid to close range, using her semblance and dust to their potential and keep Zuko on his toes and going to his blind spots to directly attack with a blade beam or directly with Gambol Shroud, the problem with this tactic is Zuko could perform an AOE attack around himself to push Blake backwards.

As my verdict, depending on the distance, whether the fight starts at a far distance or not it would still lead up to a mid to close range fight, in this case Blake would have the initial advantage due to her unpredictable semblance dancing around Zuko, but with Zuko's own skills and intelligence he would be able to adapt to it eventually. Then Blake could surprise Zuko with her dust infused clones and Blade beam. Blake's main advantage is her opponent's lack of knowledge of her semblance and aura, but Zuko's versatility with fire and his higher AP and intelligence could flip the table on her later on in the fight when he has gotten used to her semblance.

For me Blake could take this win this early on, but the more it drags on the higher chance of Zuko winning. So it could honestly go either way depending on wether or not Blake could take Zuko out early.

It's been a while since I've seen Avatar, but from what I remember, Zuko doesn't have the best win record against agile opponents, especially his sister. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only times he defeated her was with help, whether it be from the Gaang or Katara in the finale. I agree with Mx's reasoning about the distance affecting the fight, but I think Blake will take it in the end with some difficulty. True, her fight record isn't the best either, but with the extreme agility that using her Semblance provided and how crafty she is with them should let her get in close and overwhelm Zuko after some effort.

In terms of skill they seem relatively equal, Blake being well experienced and right hand to Adam, and then attending beacon for a couple years. And Zuko was trained by some of the best since childhood and having a solid year of raw travel and fighting experience (at least as of 8-C+)

What's killing it for me is that only one ability set really counters the other. With speed and AP on the same level Zuko's only other valuable asset would be his skill (which is already about par) and his stealth abilities. The latter of which should easily be countered by Blake's enhanced sense and shadow manip.

Neither seem particularly more intelligent than the other (though Zuko has more common sense) so I don't see either outwitting the other.

Blake Belladonna:

- More Versatile ability set

- Zuko has no other options to counter Blake's abilities

I have two points I would like to provide that may sway some votes:

1. According to the profiles, both Blake and Zuko have LB durability and AP, with previous posts in this discussion giving specific numbers that are very close to each other. However, Blake has her Aura as a shield above her body; Zuko does not. Even if they get in the same number of hits, Zuko will be behind because he has to get through her Aura before he can hurt her.

2. In this fight, Blake and Zuko are the same speeds. According to Blake's profile, she has the same speed range as the one on Adam Taurus's profile in her 8C+ form, aka her in Volume 4-5. In Volume 5, Episode 13, Adam attempts to slash Blake, but her shadow ability allows her to dodge and counterattack at such a speed that Adam only had time to turn his head to see her, not enough to react and block. Meaning that her Semblance allows her to move at such speeds to outpace the reaction speed of those as fast as her.

In conclusion, with these points, along with the reasons mentioned before in this discussion, this is why my vote remains for Blake.

@Sorvoe That speed thing isn't really a point here considering Volume 3 Blake couldn't do that. And was just steamrolled by Adam

According to the rules of this fight, 8C+ forms are used, which only applies to Blake in her Volume 4-5 version. Check her profile if you disagree

Sorvoe551 said:
According to the rules of this fight, 8C+ forms are used, which only applies to Blake in her Volume 4-5 version. Check her profile if you disagree
She is high 8-C in that volume

@Hagane Can we get the specific volume version of Blake you want to use? There seems to be some confusion between Blake's profile and her feats.

I knew the picture was, but her profile says she's 8C+ in Volume 4-5, not 3, hence my confusion. Very well, I will concede the specific speed feat from Volume 5. However, another point when it comes to speed is still viable, and I have evidence:

Blake vs Roman (1:53-2:32): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztunjV-0sqA

Volume 2, Episode 11. Blake engages Roman in a fight on a train. According to their respective profiles, Roman and Blake had similar speed at this time; Roman had at least enough speed to keep up with both Blake and Sun at the same time in the shipyard. However, he did not have enough time to react to her shadows twice, once to avoid hitting the fire shadow and once to avoid hitting the ice shadow and getting stuck. This speed and combination of dust allowed her to defeat a much more experienced combatant than her in less than 45 seconds, one who knew what she could do from their previous fight. If such tactics were applied to Zuko, a similar thing seems likely to happen.

One quick question, can Zuko firebend while holding his swords? I don't remember if he can.

Blake does seem to be the more likely to win, though it would not be easy. Zuko's fighting style as a firebender is mostly mid range like most benders in the Avatar series, due to the necessary movements in order to bend. He can fight in close range but most times he fights in close range is in close spaces and when he fights with swords.

In conjunction with Blake's fighting style he would most likely try to keep his distance and try to use AOE attacks when Blake closes the range and force her back. Blake at the start would most likely close the distance and Zuko would fire in her direction once close Zuko would fire again but Blake would use her semblance to get behind him thus tipping him off of her unusual abilities, she would get a hit or two and then Zuko unleashes an AOE forcing her back.

I believe they can both last through the early fight stages where they try to know each other's abilities, and then I think they can both adapt to each other's fighting style considering it would be obvious to Blake that Zuko needs certain movements to firebend and how powerful his Firebending is and it would be apparent to Zuko on how Blake's semblance work though it would take longer for him to adapt to her than it is for Blake to adapt to him.

Thus Blake would use her other arsenals to trick or immobalize Zuko like the Blade beam and Dust clones. This would get her the advantage to further damage Zuko and eventually beat him. Considering Blake has an Aura she would most likely last longer and take heavier hits than Zuko who has none.

The point I was making in my previous statement is that Blake and Zuko at their base abilities have nothing that can overwhelm the other, but Blake has other abilities or items that gives her an advantage or be useful in decisive moments like her Aura, Dust and Blade Beam. Zuko does have his Lighting-Bending but with Speed equalized it would not matter. And Zuko has never been shown to use both his swords and Fire-Bending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back