• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Blackout v. Starscream (3-3-1)

This is an interesting one.

In terms of AP, neither has a strong advantage over the other as they are both baseline, however, one could argue Blackout to be likely higher than Starscream as Starscream tends to indirectly attack his opponents. While Blackout was willing to take on Optimus head on while Megatron and Prime were fighting, implying he is that confident in his strength.

Abilities wise, Blackout is much better than Starscream. Starscream has only a chainsaw and some missiles while Blackout has a larger chainsaw and a shockwave attack that has ridiculous amount of range compared to other characters have. Not to mention the AOE of it, meaning Starscream would have a hard time dodging it with his thicc dorito body

Finally, speed is a big factor for this. Generally, both blackout and Starscram are equal in terms of combat, reaction and movement speed. However, Starscream's alt mode makes him a lot swifter than Blackout, plus the fact the dudecan move up to at least FTL. Starscream could just continously bomb Blackout in the air and I don't think Blackout could tag him with his chopper alt mode.

So it could go 2 ways. Blackout more than likely wins if Starscream fights head on in bot mode. But if Starscream plays to his strengths, he could easily win being much more swift than Blackout in the air.

I'd say so. I'm not fully sure whether Starscream would be arrogant enough to attack blackout head on.

I'm leaning towards Starscream taking this with high difficulty. Starscream should be reasonably well aware of what Blackout is capable of, so I don't think he would underestimate him enough to attack him head on. Starscream might show more arrogance if he had backup to gain a numbers advantage, if he was fighting a less powerful foe, or even if he had no knowledge of Blackout, but in a one-on-one fight against an opponent known to have comparable power, I suspect Starscream will take the smarter approach of using his alt mode's superior speed and mobility to edge out a victory. Still, Blackout will make Starscream work for it, and there will be little to no room for errors here.

I'd say Blackout takes this barely for a possibly marginal power difference and Scorponok helping him even the playing fields if he gets set up just right.

Last edited:
At first when I say this thread, I thought it was gonna be the DS Game Versions. XD That would've ended poorly for Blackout.

I’m not entirely sure how to do that on mobile
There should be an emblem near the Title of the Thread that looks like an actual Tag, click on that to add them after the Thread has been made. If it hasn't been made yet, go to the bottom underneath the Post Thread Button and you'll find the Tag Bar.

This is like the best narrative fight for the Movie 1 Decepticons too

I don't feel having Scorponok would really change much other than backing my reasons that Blackout would win if Starscream fought him head on

Idk how they fight in character but being the coward and knowing about blackout capabilities wouldnt he just fight in flight mode?

It’s possible, but tbh, we don’t really know how Starscream would operate in a 1v1 fight against someone of comparable strength to him, because we’ve never seen that in the movies.

Back