• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Yeah, I found the weight on wikipedia. But I couldn't find Ratchet's weight, though Optimus would easily be heavier than them via virtue of size alone, so I guess it makes sense.

But still, the movie character have official weight that differ from their vehicles' weight, some are more heavy and some are way lighter, so i don't see why we should use IRL vehicles weights

So, how are we gonna figure out Optimus's weight? For one, he's noticeably larger than Ratchet and would easily be over a ton heavier without question.

We won't, his AP and those who scale to him will be something like this:

"At least 8-B+, likely 8-A (Comparable, if not, Superior to Ratchet)

Anyone find values for Prime's weight in official material yet?

EDIT: Apparently Michael Bay said that in the movies mass displacement doesn't happen AKA Prime's vehicle modes are heavier so as to achieve the desired size in his robot mode. Couldn't find a source, though it's on wikipedia.

Nah, Epps is usually serious about stuff like this when it involves world-ending stuff and could very well have been briefed on the safe weight bearings of planes.

Optimus Prime may not be 10 tons exact but what about the weight of a Isuzu FRR 11-ton goods truck which is, well, 11 metric tons?

That should estimate the weight of Optimus Prime a bit?

(Or anyone can measure the weight of a classic 1979 Kenworth K-100 tractor which is claimed by Screwattack to be 16.5 short tons?)

Like Drite said, using IRL weights for the Bayverse guys ain't exactly accurate. We're gonna have to rely on TF magazines or in-verse statements here.

KLOL506 said:
Like Drite said, using IRL weights for the Bayverse guys ain't exactly accurate. We're gonna have to rely on TF magazines or in-verse statements here.
Then we better go into which truck that Bayverse Optimus Prime is based on.

The statement from a soldier, however professional he is, sounds hyperbole and incomfortable to me to use as a stat justification.

No, like i said before, they can't be that heavy since showing proves the contrary, and we don't need to use that statement, they can be likely 8-A via being superior to the 8-B+

Drite77 said:
No, like i said before, they can't be that heavy since showing proves the contrary, and we don't need to use that statement, they can be likely 8-A via being superior to the 8-B+
Even then it would be a possibly baseline 8-A for being infinitesimally stronger than a 8-B+ feat which yields infinitesimally less than our benchmark for a baseline 8-A. I can rest with that.

And I rest by now. Thanks for the idea sharing.

143 tons of TNT in and out of itself is pretty baseline 8-A and thus I think that should be fine to use.

Missed this before. Should I get started on the profiles?
No, we don't have speed yet

I think that their speed will have to be based around their alt mode. I haven't found anything that states otherwise.

Can somebody summarise the conclusions here in an easy to understand manner?

The Michael Bay Transformers should have Regenerationn via scanning new vehicles. There are also times in the last knight when Bumblebee puts himself back together.

Bumblebee already has Regen for that tho.

But yeah, Transformers should have Regen via scanning. Optimus was completely rebuilt and in new condition after he scanned the Western Star truck.

Back