• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Blackbeard CRT

14405User

Username Only
a little extra for blackbeard

NPI : he can touch Ace's Fire Spear which is made of fire
Self Sustance 3 : Fight Ace for an extended period of time while sustaining several attacks yet displayed no signs of strain or fatigue, Buggy had heard that blackbeard never slept in his whole life
Regen (Low Mid) : After being stabbed by the ace pillar. he doesn't look hurt at all

Resistance to Gravity Manipulation : All Logias are resistant to their respective elements, and he is not affected by his Black Hole

Last edited:
Self Sustance 3 : Fight Ace for an extended period of time while sustaining several attacks yet displayed no signs of strain or fatigue, Buggy had heard that blackbeard never slept in his whole life
I agree with these, the not sleeping was confirmed in his Vivre cards if I remember right so it's not just hearsay.
The blood is a bit inconsistent sometimes but it does look like he's still bleeding in those spots in the colored manga, so I don't think regeneration is valid.
Resistance to Gravity Manipulation : All Logias are resistant to their respective elements, and he is not affected by his Black Hole
I'm not sure about this since Blackbeard specifies that the reason his Logia doesn't protect his body is because it would suck even him up, suggesting he doesn't resist the gravity of his darkness just that he can target who he wants it to effect (like how at first he only attracted to town and not ace)

Disagree with this. It's possible that Blackbeard is just not targeting himself with his darkness.

Injuries aren't always consistent in One Piece. I think we'd need more evidence to show him actually regenerating.

This is fine. Not for fighting for a while against Ace, because that isn't a qualifier for Self-Sustenance, but him not sleeping is fine.

Neutral on this leaning towards disagreeing. Ace shaped the fire into spears, which could have made them tangible enough. They could pierce his body after all, so it wouldn't be surprising if they could be grabbed too.

Agree. It's confirmed in an outside source as well, so this works.
Double agree. Very blatant. He literally says his darkness can suck in "even fire and lightning" so he can turn things tangible. Grabbing the fire spear is just visual proof of it.
In the manga he stays injured. The marks are visible. Disagree on this.
Makes sense. Blackbeard's ability doesn't make him invulnerable to other things, but there's no statement that his darkness can absorb ITSELF, so him staying whole and standing in it should be resistance to his darkness' own gravity. Like every logia is to their element, even when they're not resistant to other things.

Last edited:
Agree on Self-sus, disagree with regen FRA, neutral on resistance to gravity (for now).

I've always interpreted him touching the spears because they were tangible, alter all they pierced him and remained stiff on him instead of dissolving, after all it's "magic" fire.
I believe that, without further indications, this shouldn't be added.

Hello sorry I just got back from the hospital just as I was uploading this thread I had to go straight to the hospital

The blood is a bit inconsistent sometimes but it does look like he's still bleeding in those spots in the colored manga, so I don't think regeneration is valid.
I quite agree with this
I'm not sure about this since Blackbeard specifies that the reason his Logia doesn't protect his body is because it would suck even him up, suggesting he doesn't resist the gravity of his darkness just that he can target who he wants it to effect (like how at first he only attracted to town and not ace)
there is no indication that Blackbeard can control what his gravity will absorb
Disagree with this. It's possible that Blackbeard is just not targeting himself with his darkness.
Injuries aren't always consistent in One Piece. I think we'd need more evidence to show him actually regenerating.
Okay, I agree, but what about BB, which was cut deep enough by WB but after that it didn't show any bleeding (OP chap 576 - 577)

Neutral on this leaning towards disagreeing. Ace shaped the fire into spears, which could have made them tangible enough. They could pierce his body after all, so it wouldn't be surprising if they could be grabbed too.
penetrating the body doesn't seem to make it tangible

Actually there's every indication of that. Remember how Blackbeard didn't target Ace with his gravity and Ace just stood there fine while the rest of the town collapsed and was absorbed?

11.jpeg

Ace is not in the black hole

Focus on the top right frame
If BB targets the city, citizens shouldn't be absorbed

Self Sus is good. Multiple sources confirm he doesn't sleep

Regen and NPI, depends.

If you believe that the flame changes its density to something tangible, then you believe that BB got stabbed.

Imo, NPI is valid. You could make a case for this to be something based on Busoshoku since we see Busoshoku users grab produced elements a lot.

But regen, idk either. He visibly has blood being splurted out from that area, but he has no wounds after. He didn't regen WB's stab or anything.
Looks like an inconsistency.

Self Sus, Agreed
NPI, agreed, could stretch to all Buso
Regen, neutral, leaning towards disagree

Actually there's every indication of that. Remember how Blackbeard didn't target Ace with his gravity and Ace just stood there fine while the rest of the town collapsed and was absorbed?
The Darkness doesn't touch Ace, so he's fine.

Regen (Low Mid)
Disagree with this, The scratches on his body are still visible, it could be because of the burns the blood is gone because of the burn, maybe.

I agree on the rest.

a little extra for blackbeard

Regen (Low Mid) : After being stabbed by the ace pillar. he doesn't look hurt at all

I agree with all of them except Regen (for the reasons already stated above) and Resistance to Gravity Manipulation (although if he interacts with Fujitora’s fruit at some point, we will know for sure).

Well actually when Ace says he isn't getting hurt Blackbeard literally says he ISN'T trying to attack Ace with his darkness and chooses to swallow the whole town without even bothering Ace. He can control it for sure.
Ace as standing on the rubble of the town, and the darkness spread dozens of meters of not a kilometer or more around BB. Ace was far closer than that (close enough to have a conversation)

I still agree with everything except regen tbh.
NPI is very blatant unless fire can become solid matter, even though it's very clearly still fire when he shoots the spears

Self Sus is good. Multiple sources confirm he doesn't sleep

Regen and NPI, depends.

If you believe that the flame changes its density to something tangible, then you believe that BB got stabbed.

Imo, NPI is valid. You could make a case for this to be something based on Busoshoku since we see Busoshoku users grab produced elements a lot.

But regen, idk either. He visibly has blood being splurted out from that area, but he has no wounds after. He didn't regen WB's stab or anything.
Looks like an inconsistency.

Self Sus, Agreed
NPI, agreed, could stretch to all Buso
Regen, neutral, leaning towards disagree
wdyt about resistance gravity manip

I agree with the self sustenance since it's been stated by multiple sources. The NPI I think could simply be an extension of the Busoshoku Haki, so that could be a valid ability. The resistance to Gravity Manipulation, I guess logically it makes sense that he would resist his own power. Disagree on regeneration since it was explicitly stated by Blackbeard his Devil Fruit didn't give him an intangible state he could regenerate, and giving him regenerative powers would just make him even more OP. Seems more like an inconsistency.

Self Sus : All agree

NPI :
Agree : 6
Disagree :
Neutral : 2
Looks like KT has other plans to add to Haki

Resist To Gravitiy Manip
Agree :5
Disagree :3
Neutral : 1
looks like we need another input for this

Last edited: