• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Black Panther VS Vindicare Assassin (Marvel VS WH40K)

Wokistan said:
Also, a day of prep is a day to set up an absurd amount of traps. BP teleports, is killed by explosive set up so well that precognition didn't save people from running in to it.
I see you've been complaining by the restrictions of the match, so I'll try to do what I do best and paint it in a way people can understand:

T'Challa is sitting at his throne after he just got done delivering a speech to the local youth of his country, at several prestigious universities and schools. A group of people burst into his throne room, delivering him a strange device that had landed not far from their country. The king holds it and examines it closely, before it suddenly produces a holographic display:

"I am have been sent to eliminate the Black Panther. You will arrive alone at Central Park in a day, where I will be waiting. If you do not, the empire will eliminate your planet."

More text soon follows, detailing the standard equipment of the assassin, whom seems to already have extensive knowledge on the Black Panther himself.

The next day they both show up and approach each other in a stand off, 30m away from one another.

That's like, very OOC for the assasinorium, especially a vindicare. If they want to spread terror they'd drop an eversor and let it go wild, if they want someone dead they're not gonna tell them, and if they want a planet wrecked there's easier ways to get an exterminatus justified. I feel like putting these many restrictions on a match to make it fair means the match itself just wasn't meant to be.

Wokistan said:
Also, a day of prep is a day to set up an absurd amount of traps. BP teleports, is killed by explosive set up so well that precognition didn't save people from running in to it.
This among a lot of what you're saying seems like plot induced stupidty.

You cannot hide a trap so well that people with precognition are unable to see where you hid it. It's the ability to SEE into the future, they can SEE where they potentially blow up and then avoid it, changing the future to something else and avoiding whatever threat is next. What you're describing is plot stupidity, it's beyond reason to hide a trap so well that precognition is futile.

Black Panther takes a sniff and is aware of where every single trap is set on the battlefield. He then proceeds to GTFO into a better area.

I'd also like to see proof on the bullet tracking.

Wokistan said:
That's like, very OOC for the assasinorium, especially a vindicare. If they want to spread terror they'd drop an eversor and let it go wild, if they want someone dead they're not gonna tell them, and if they want a planet wrecked there's easier ways to get an exterminatus justified. I feel like putting these many restrictions on a match to make it fair means the match itself just wasn't meant to be.
The God Emperor told him to do it for entertainment purposes, or else he would would be insta-murdered.

This is my match and I haven't done any invalid restrictions. Please continue and stop constantly complaining about the circumstances.

It's consistent. Remember that not all Eldar precog is Eldrad level, and that Assassins aren't fodder in verse. Deploying one's a big deal, and the traps didn't kill everyone who got sent in. The eldar cleared out the tower he was in, lost some scouts and stuff to grenade traps, then realized the Vindicare had left long ago.

Also why is he instantly going to know what he's smelling? Its helpful in verse because he knows what things are. These would be new smells of materials foreign to him, and he wouldn't instantly know they're dangerous. Also lots of traps don't exactly smell different from normal. BP creating a distance helps the Vindicate more than anything else anyways.

Bullet tracking is on the file, though I even said i wasn't totally sure about it. They shouldn't just pull a 180 mid air for example.

Every time Wok brings up something else you pile on more restrictions. I might be starting to agree this might be more hassel then it's worth.

I mean I thought it was fair without the weird rules of engagement. There's definitely scenarios where BP gets the advantage or the assassin ***** up, they're just less likely. Where issues began was giving prep to a Warhammer character lol.

Yeah, having traps that are hidden so well that passive precognition is useless is definitely PIS. I am not being convinced whatsoever about this.

It doesn't matter if it's a foreign smell, he knows his opponent has had prep time and the specific area they are residing in has some foreign odor scattered across the floor around them. Common sense would tell me that this place has been rigged, let alone the eighth smartest man in the world.

And yes, traps would smell different from dirt. His nose is far far better than a blood hounds, who can already be trailed to smell drugs that haven't been in the room for years, or people 35 feet under freezing cold water. Like hell Black Panther can't smell the traps.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
Every time Wok brings up something else you pile on more restrictions. I might be starting to agree this might be more hassel then it's worth.
I am not restricting Vindicare unfairly. I have even given him prep time as well. There should be no problem with this matchup. I want to see who can prep themselves better against their opponent and defeat them fairly in a 1v1 matchup.

Why would an assassin ever get into a fair matchup? Giving them prep and not letting them use it the way they would is silly.

Well that sucks because I am not asking about whether or no BP can survive an assasination attempt, but whether or not he can defeat an assassin in prepped combat.

He is not an assassin in this fight, he is simply an opponent.

I am not changing it so I suggest you leave if you do not like it.

Prepped combat for an assassin is an assassination. If you want a straight fight just don't give either one prep. Also precog isn't a perfect ability, so there's that. Knowing things that can happen =/= being able to act accordingly in every scenario to avoid harm and being free of every consequence. Also it was mainly scouts who got killed by traps. They were able to clear the tower eventually, it just took forever and allowed the assassin to leave.

I am not changing the rules of the fight so do not participate if you have any issues with it. I have not broken any rules, so just stop bothering me about it.

It doesn't matter, those with precognition can see the traps before the harm arrives. If they were not then there precognition is very weak and probably more like spidey-sense, or that entire event was total plot induced stupidity.

Altering the rules in such a way to clearly favor a character because a match doesn't work otherwise is clear proof of a mismatch and as such the match probably won't be added.

Scouts don't have precog, warlocks do.

Nono, don't get it twisted. You're mad because I'm not letting Vindicare start planets away from Black Panther where he put him down with range.

They have both been given equal amounts of prep time and have both started at mid-range from each other, which is convinently just outside Black Panther's effective range with his daggers. I already know a Vindicare can assassinate Black Panther, that's not what I'm asking. This fight is to see who would win in prepped combat.

Again, no illegal restrictions have been applied.

Then a bunch of precognitionless people were blown up by traps, is that what you're suggesting? If so then it was really irrelevant to bring up.

Ah yes an explanation on why maybe a match isn't the best match in the first place if it's gotta be such a departure from standard scenario, that means they're angry because reasons

Again, prepped combat for an assassin just is not this scenario. BP absolutely wins in like a hand to hand fight by virtue of being 8-A, if that's what you want.

Not everything has to be explicitly on the rules to be applicable. You haven't done anything that would get you in trouble, but there are things that it's agreed upon matches just won't be added for. In this case, forcing a start distance so close for a sniper while also giving prep time, in essence making it far more valuable for one guy than another, is something others will see as indicative of a mismatch. You didn't do anything bad or shameful, you just made a match that wasn't as viable as you thought, and that's ok. Interplanetary sniping isn't really a thing non necrons usually do, I think that was more of a hypothetical and I didn't even remember that myself, but 30 meters is very, very short range for any sort of sniper.

Unless you're Eldrad, precogging isn't instant. Warlocks can look upon strands of fate and shit and due to the trap being hidden well, not notice it until it's too late to tell the scout about it. Also some of these guys have really unreasonably long amounts of experience (thanks Warhammer) and if nothing else, the traps still serve their purpose as area denial by making BP not want to pull a Ôÿàteleports behind youÔÿà "heh, nothing personnel kid" on the vindicare. I've gotta sleep at some point, so idk if I'll respond any more for a while.

I don't care if you think it's a good match or not, I care whether or not what I am doing is against the rules. Maybe you should un-kudos if you really don't like it.

It's not hand to hand either, you're just bitter I'm not letting him mow BP down at planet level ranges and making them start 30m away from each other. (Which by the way, is still out of BP's effective range but at least he can close that distance)

I am not changing it so I would appreciate it if you would drop this matter. This is the third time I have asked you to stop complaining. Just leave the thread if you do not like it, I don't want your opinion on the matter of whether or not you like the rules and have never asked for it.

Then there was no point of you mentioning that he can hide traps against limited precoggers if it is not relevant to this fight. Black Panther will start off and realize that the entire place is full of land mines with his scent and precognition combo.

I find it rather amusing that you accuse me of being mad and bitter and all when this comment perfectly reveals just how much of a projection the application of those adjectives are.

I like the concept, and kudosed it earlier on when the conditions were less restrictive. Don't see how that's revelant either way

Ah yes questioning a sniper starting at the distance you can throw rocks at people at, that is clearly equivalent to saying that interplanetary sniping is a thing that happens consistently and is the only true way to make a match

Nah. You do not need to ask for or desire any opinions, the act of you putting out anything is invitation enough. Once it enters a public space, it is available for criticism and praise alike. If you do not wish to hear a dissenting opinion on your matchmaking, either grow a thicker skin or just refrain from doing so. I will not leave the thread just because you don't feel like hearing what I have to say, as it involves a character I feel like arguing for.

Again, just because you know something will happen doesn't mean that in every scenario you can actually make that matter. Eldar precog should still be superior to the danger sensing that was sshow by BP. Also anti precog tech should exist in verse, though I don't remember if the vindicate has it. I'd be inclined to say no, but days worth of prep? Maybe.

Also the traps don't really need to hurt him to be useful. In fact, BP being aware of them is in some ways better, as they force him to not close the distance and manfain ranges more advantageous to the sniper.

So you're just going to bother and harass me on the given conditions? Ok, feel free. It doesn't make me want to change it though, lol.

BP can detonate them through the ground with his intangible daggers, teleporating away from the explosion in general. Not that it would harm him too much but better safe than sorry.

Notifying someone that their match is likely not fit for profiles and dissent on a debate site is objectively not harassment.

I don't remember BP teleport spamming as much as you seem to insinuate, I thought he was more of a hand to hand kinda guy. Teleport spam would be pretty useful for that sort of fighter, as well as durability ignoring intangible knives, so...

Incorrect, as if one decides to follow that line of thinking, any sort of persuasion or debate must be harassment, as opinions are only allowed to be heard once clearly.

Would the moment he un-TPs not be enough for the kill shot tjoigt? A vindicare shot a guy who was in a ship that was briefly leaving the warp basically as soon as it came out. To be fair, this was the waiting for 6 years guy, but he had very little to go off of here.

Weirdly enough, I think BP does better in an assassination scenario where he knows he's being assassinated. I don't personnally believe in any Vindicate with the possible exception of Kell making it past all Wakanda has to offer in yerms of defense, what with it being powerful and hvaing powerful allies and all. BP fighting himself is ironically his biggest issue.

Actually kell shouldn't either. He may make a mess, but I find it likely that Horus himself could have found and ended him if he cared enough. Maybe not the rest of the ship's dudes, but Horus was probably aware the whole time.

So is it likely that BP with prep sends other wakandan defenses and goes in a bunker for a bit or something? Because that probably would give him the win tbh.

No, he preps against the acid manipulation. He knows the Vindicare is known for using traps, so he brings a healthy supply of daggers. He also may bring his Hulkbuster suit, just because he can.

That, along with a gun using vibranium or adamantium bullets would 100% be enough for him to defeat Vindicare. They both have guns that can kill each other... but BP can teleport.

im born in 1999 year before unit 6 year old joined Philippines School Deaf

you did know that can't hear me nothing like a headphone

Real a question for you.

Jimboydejuan12 said:
im born in 1999 year before unit 6 year old joined Philippines School Deaf

you did know that can't hear me nothing like a headphone

Real a question for you.
That was a question?

Back