• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Black Panther VS Vindicare Assassin (Marvel VS WH40K)

Prep kinda means that they do need to find each other, as it's in character for vindicare to hide, and hide very well. Their whole sthick is the "unknown death from the shadows" type deal, and much of the verse doesn't even know they exist. When the celestial lions were losing members to vindicares, they suspected Ork snipers of the deed, not the vindicare. That's right, Ork snipers were considered more likely than these dudes, because they're that difficult to find evidence of. I find it likely that BP would also try to set up an ambush with prep, and as such they'd need to find one another and as such their tracking skill comes into play.

They're coated in synskin, don't remember exactly what it is but definitely not metal. The guns I don't rember but even if it is metal they have bullets designed to negate all the reality warping and other stuff a daemon can do, as well as being inhabited by a machine spirit who probably wouldn't take too kindly to the gun being ****** by vibranium.

I'm pretty sure they've assassinated powerful eldar before, who have absurd precog, but it may have been a culexus. I gotta look into that more, once I post some vindicare feats I'll have a confirmation or denial of that.

Don't know if that is actual precognition, but it at the core it seems like he's able to tell what is what even when totally blind. I highly doubt Vindicare can get the sneak on him.

Which would be on his profile when I finish my blog and he'd be immune to every hax the officio has as well.

Immunity to tier 1 hax seems unlikely, though that's on the culexus.

This is Vindicare.

They are not comparable in hax to each other, they all specifically serve different purposes. That being said, is there anything Vindicare CAN do that would give BP trouble?

Yeah I specifically said that was on the culexus. He said immunity to all of the assasinorium.

Shoot him, once I get back to you with vindicare skill feats. I am not voting yet.

Culexus hax is definitely not 1-A. It's probably somewhere in 1-B for the strongest, like Omega minuses and stuff, but this isn't the thread for that.

ProfessorLord said:
What is so dangerous about the numbers 214 and a rocketship that he can sense it?

Yeah, no.
There isn't any danger, but the power 5 issues later was retconed to can sense danger that's not my fault Marvel did this.

I would have to see someone saying that T'Challa actually wasn't using clairvoyance or whatever and was just really good at sensing danger.

If they don't mention that moment ever again, than it is likely it is still a passive ability of his.

Prep does not mean they need to find each other @Wokistan, it just means they know they have an upcoming battle and get time to think it out and prepare.

I imagine they both mutually show up in Central Park and proceed to fight from there, starting from the practical distance that Vindicare can shoot him from. (It's probably from planets away, but speed is equalized here, so BP can probably sidestep it 5 seconds after he Vindicare pulls the trigger and still manage to dodge.)

That's how I interpret it in this scenario.

Last comment before I go to sleep, but with prep VA would definitely hide and I'd imagine that BP may as well. I don't think exitus rifles were that ridiculous, but if they were how would BP really know to dodge that?

Vindicare cannot hide from Black Panther if he can smell him a mile away, nor would it benefit him to stay very far away from such an agile opponent. He can do hops and leaps and lazily walk away from rounds at long distances, can likely evade them at mid-range and would struggle a lot at close-range. In an open field, Black Panther is gonna have a hard time, teleporation or not.

But if he were to be in close-range but hiding in an enclosed enviornment (say a building) then T'Challa should pretty easily take it with his stealthy movements and thermal friendly suit. He can run in another room, have Vindicare spray the room down through the walls and then turn around only to see a teleporting Black Panther, who handily snaps his neck with the pure strength difference between the two.

It's a close one.

So, as for Vindicare feats:

• A Vindicare Assassin once singlehandedly stalled an Eldar offensive, racking up an enormous kill count including multiple Exarchs and Warlocks. Exarchs are among the mightiest of Eldar warriors, wholly devoted to war and with a few even being candidates to reincarnate as Avatars of Khaine. Warlocks are the Eldar with really strong precog/fate manip abilities. One lone (though probably above average) Vindicare halted a force including several of these guys for a while, and escaped with their life. When the Eldar finally cleared out the tower he was in, he was long gone, but his traps weren't.
  • Vindicares are prepared to maintain a position for extremely long periods of time, in one case one having been reported to have held the exact same position for 6 years lying in wait for the perfect moment, then delivering instant death upon the opportunity arising.
  • A Vindicare can onehandedly empty the mag of their gun in a way that each round is a kill shot before their assailants have even had time to process that someone stands before them.
  • One particular Vindicare, Eristede Kell, managed to survive massive retaliation from the Sons of Horus for years upon assassinating a body double of the Primarch. Kell then somehow managed to get his way onto the Vengeful Spirit, the flagship of Horus, surviving on it for years waiting for his opportunity to take the shot he needed. While he obviously didn't succeed in killing Horus, neither did any other type of Assassin, Eversors and Culexuses included, and even if he failed to kill Chaos amped Horus of all people, surviving for that long and even managing to get on the ship and remain undetected by everything is seriously impressive. He also nearly managed to kill a Living Saint after being corrupted by Horus.
  • Morias Skult was able to infiltrate a camp of Orks, killing everyone including their warboss Urgak the Unstoppable and mostly wreck their Gargant (Think Ork Titans) in a few days. This was still only considered mostly successful because the Gargant wasn't totally wrecked, so high are the standards of the Assassinorum.
  • The Celestial Lions were for a while plagued by Vindicare attacks, including their senior members with ridiculous amounts of experience. Their reports indicated that they genuinely thought that they were losing people to snipers that were Orks, of all races, such is the skill of a Vindicare at concealing their involvement.
And their equipment:

• Exitus Rifles can shoot someone on the moon from the planet (legit what), so I guess the "planets away" thing is actually right. With prep, some absurd range like that may actually come into play.
  • The guns themselves can detect and counter things like differences in temperature, gravity, air pressure, etc. Consider just how much that can vary from world to world. If all else fails, they're inhabited by machine spirits.
  • Shield Breaker rounds can punch through the likes of forcefields, Warp barriers, Eldar Rune Armor, and Psyker barriers without a hitch, and use technology that even most tech priests don't understand very well.
  • Hellfire Rounds can be used to quickly dissolve metal and organic matter alike, due to the toxin they deliver.
  • Turbo-Penetrator Rounds shred through just about any sort of matter, allowing them to be used to take down even vehicles. They're also made with Adamantium, a metal so strong that it's impervious to most known weapons and even the Imperium has trouble reverse engineering it or reforging it, such is its resilience.
  • Each bullet has its own targeting spirit, compounding with the skill of the Vindicare and their equipment. Suffice to say, they don't really miss.
  • Synskin boosts the already enhanced physical characteristics of a Vindicare, can absorb Bolter fire, acts as near perfect adaptive camouflage, enhances reflexes, and due to bonding to the body of the wearer is silent and does not inhibit motion in the slightest. Each suit of Synskin is genetically coded to each Vindicare.
  • Most of what's impressive about their masks is already on the profile, but consider just what it means to be a "Veteran Space Marine" in terms of skill and experience. Then consider that any Vindicare can easily process the massive influx of information that they can not, as if it was just regular thinking.
All in all, I think the Vindicare takes this more times than not. While that's not to say there aren't scenarios where Black Panther outdoes the Vindicare, or the Vindicare messes up, I feel like the sheer tenacity and skill of a Vindicare Assassin coupled with prep time means that sooner or later, they'll have the opportunity, no matter how small, for a killing shot and will take it.

"Synskin boosts the already enhanced physical characteristics of a Vindicare, can absorb Bolter fire, acts as near perfect adaptive camouflage, enhances reflexes, and due to bonding to the body of the wearer is silent and does not inhibit motion in the slightest. Each suit of Synskin is genetically coded to each Vindicare."

Why is this a point?

Why not? I'm describing their equipment.

I am updating the OP to state they are now 30 meters away from each other since it's not even remotely fair for Black Panther otherwise.

That seems kinda weird to coincide with prep, but ok. Orks and Nids both should have pretty enhanced senses of smell, btw, and they couldn't detect Vindicares they fought. I'd still consider that less impressive than the guy who stalled an Eldar advance though.

So Panther will know a Vindicare is there. They've killed people aware of their presence before. As for the latter, Eldar precog is better.

I was legitimately not aware of all this stuff BP can do though. I've gotta find him more matches at some point.

"I was legitimately not aware of all this stuff BP can do though. I've gotta find him more matches at some point."

That's nigh impossible

If you're referring to me not being aware of his feats, I'm not that big into comics. If you're referring to finding matches, then rip.

Doesn't he have like a 1-A outlier through scaling or something?

Wokistan said:
I was legitimately not aware of all this stuff BP can do though. I've gotta find him more matches at some point.
I've tried

He stomps 90% of 8As on the site with speed equal, only being definitely outmatched by MB 8As

Back