• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Black hole tier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was reading this comic and came across a character who is a literal black hole, what tier would it be?

Unfortunately the black hole is only mentioned never shown in the comic, lets just assume that it is of average size.

Iirc creating an average black hole is High 4-C. But the black hole itself doesn't have a real tier because it just obliterate everything via tidal force

It would be like:

AP: Negate durability on multiple levels, High 3-A within the singularity.

Durability: Can't be destroyed with conventional means.

I don't think a black hole would constitute as High 3-A within a singulairity unless said black hole was able to erase a large chunk of 4-D space-time (or causing destruction in an infinite space within a 3-D scale).

Space-time manipulation/destruction on a small scale would count as hax, and not count towards actual AP.

The reasoning for durability sounds fine, although it could be worded as

• "Unknow (Unable to be destroyed via conventional means)"

As for AP, I would go what Kaltias suggested, although if it is an actual black hole, it is possible to calculate the energy required to create said black hole via its size...

Kaltias said:
It would be like:
AP: Negate durability on multiple levels, High 3-A within the singularity.

Durability: Can't be destroyed with conventional means.
@Lina This is useable right?

There is a reason why we don't automatically assign black holes as High 3-A within the singularity.

The requirements for being High 3-A is...

• High Universe level: Characters who have an infinite degree of 3-dimensional power. Alternately 4-dimensional power that is shown as completely qualitatively superior to 3-Dimensional beings, but is less than universal in scale. Or that allows them to create large parts of a universal continuum. Take note that 4-D power should logically always be superior to countably infinite 3-D power, so characters within this tier are not necessarily comparable. Also take note that we consider most small scale time-space abilities as hax, not as AP.
Basically, to qualify for High 3-A, a character would actually need to create/destroy large parts of 4-D space-time (small scale space-time manipulation would count as hax in this case), or be able to generate energy within an infinite scale. A black hole does neither of these things, seeing that if said black hole actually had High 3-A Attack Potency, a single occurring black hole would pretty much bust the entire observable universe, or more...

As for said black hole's actual AP, said singularity of a black hole would be able to cause infinite destruction if its AP is actually infinite, but a black hole does not really do this, other than density/gravity of said black hole being infinite (but then the singularity of a black hole actually has no volume).

It would be best that if we classified a black hole's singularity as being able to ignore durability, as there have been characters who were able to survive being inside black holes despite reaching said singularity.

So "AP: Can ignore durability" right? Anyone has any better suggestion regarding the wordings?

It's a legit black hole so it does not move, but I have heard that black holes have infinite gravity, so infinite attack speed?

No. It's just that the escape velocity approaches infinity as you approach the singularity. Escaping the outer limit just requires to be FTL.

So to give a general suggestion, I would word it as...

Attack Potency: Unknow (Able to ignore durability), possibly Large Star level (Only apply Large Star if the energy required to calc a black hole is required)

Speed: Unknow (How fast can this character move in real time? Is he immobile due to him being a black hole?)

Durability: Unknow (Cannot be destroyed by conventional means. A black hole will continue to expand its size when it absorbs any form of energy directed at it)

@Lina

1) Energy required to calc a black hole? Did not quite understand this.

2) Yup, its a legit black hole so it is immobile. Should it have any sort of attack speed? Also from what range can it's gravity affect?

3) Can a 3-A character like Goku destroy a black hole?

No but they could easily assume it's far higher than what it is. Trust me, a lot of things on this wiki don't abide by normal standards, we got tier 10 deities and tier 2 trees. Plus that many unknowns barely warrants a profile.

AP: black hole can ignore durability. (just like any other durability negating hax)

Speed: black hole is stationary it cannot move. (its the same as giving a speed rating to a brick)

Durability: Like @Lina said "Black hole cannot be destroyed by conventional means. A black hole will continue to expand its size when it absorbs any form of energy directed at it"

Also this is a character indexing wiki not some battle forum.

Literally every single one of its raw stats has an unknown ranking, be more specific. And isn't it actually both? considering there is a battle forum.

Lina Shields said:
So to give a general suggestion, I would word it as...
Attack Potency: Unknow (Able to ignore durability), possibly Large Star level (Only apply Large Star if the energy required to calc a black hole is required)

Speed: Unknow (How fast can this character move in real time? Is he immobile due to him being a black hole?)

Durability: Unknow (Cannot be destroyed by conventional means. A black hole will continue to expand its size when it absorbs any form of energy directed at it)
Refer this....

Black holes do not have AP tho. A 10-C character resistant to gravity manipulation would survive them, for example

Ususally when I think about it, black holes exibit more of a semi-hax. They essentially BFR anyone who isnt FTL and has no other alternative escape like teleporting...

Okay Let's say Black hole makes the mass of the Sun (Normally a Black Hole occurs when a star reaches a 100X mass in the sun) so 1.99x10 ^ 30 therefore:

E = (1.99e30) (3000000000 ^ 2) = 1.791e47 = Solar System Level Apparently

Concerning High 3-A Black Hole, I do not know, it has always been complicated with the Blach Hole

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back