• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Black hat and soul manipulation

so i've recently desided to look for small details in the black hat series and found a small little print in The Dreadful Dawn episode

when Penumbra signs that contract with black hat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XGY_fHLqck

at 10:43

the third paragraph it gose

"As payment, the villan known as Penumbra will grant her soul to Lord Black Hat"

and after the contract is sighned her shadow gose to black hat(10:43-47 look under her and you will see her shadow go to black hat) which presumably means that he has taken her soul as payment

this shows that he should have atleast some soul manipulation even if limited

It's not.

It can only be useful if BH somehow convinces the victim to sign, but in a battle that would need to be done through Mind Manipulation.

BH has mental manipulation or is it being added? Without offending, I just ask why I am not aware of whether it will be added because if it were not so, it would not be applicable in battle because the cooperation of another is needed for the contract to be executed again. Although with the amount of short videos you have, there may be some form of soul manipulation.

There's a feat of Fear, Empathic and Madness hax, but they are really slow. Aldo Maldonado was a journalist who started getting affected by it after some days, until he turned a devote slave.

In one of his shorts he said that he can also enclose demons in objects to possess them, or am I wrong?

Soul Manipulation (Non-Combat applicable), Non-Physical Interaction (He's able to grab souls) and Shadow Manipulation.

What he took from Penumbra wasn't her shadow, but his pen which he turned into a shadow and took back.

The Calaca said:
Soul Manipulation (Non-Combat applicable), Non-Physical Interaction (He's able to grab souls) and Shadow Manipulation.
What he took from Penumbra wasn't her shadow, but his pen which he turned into a shadow and took back.
execept her shadow was completly gone after the contract burned

look under her as she finishes the signing of the contract there is clearly a circle shaped shadow under her

the second the contract burns away it moves to black hat and her shadow is gone

Back