• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Black Clover Speed

In the recent chapters of Black Clover we are introduced to True Lightning Magic; which, when Gajah and Luck use it summons real lightning instead of magic lightning. To me that begs the question does Light Magic actual possess the qualities of light. When Luck is fighting in the recent chapters it's outright shown that True Lightning Magic is better in every way when compared to regular Lightning Magic. Logically, I believe that means True Light Magic would possess the same qualities of light (i.e. 3x10^8 m/s) and regular Light Magic (the kind Patri uses) would be slower than actual light. I'm curious what others thoughts on this matter are.

This makes sense when you put it that way but we still don't know all the specifics of true magic and ruins. There is also the fact that when fighting Patri, Yami specifically states that Patri moves at light speed. I just don't think there is enough to make this change yet and should wait and see.

That was already obvious, I always mentioned that Patri's projectiles of light was not a speed of light, I would even do a thread on, but I ended up giving up.

I think in all honesty, that natural lightning in black clover is just magic done by nature. Because we've had instances where magic not being true magic has acted as it's natural elements. Twice, Patri's light magic was treated as such due to one time reflecting off of a mirror (magic mirror) with the specification that light reflects off mirrors in that moment while later on this happened once again when his beams struck Nozels mercury magic defenses.

Not just that, but Yami explicitly calling Licht lightspeed is pretty blatant in what's being meant there.

That and by the point Nozel does his thing, Licht has been noted to have gotten faster.

Is somebody willing to ask some staff members to comment here, primarily ones listed in the Black Clover verse page.

Dang, I completely agreed with Light Magic being Lightspeed beforehand cause it had most of the properties, but now that this is a thing and there's a direct difference between magical and real life elements, I feel there is no way to justify Light Magic being Lightspeed

Damn shame, RIP FTL Black Clover

The thing is, Licht is specifically noted as lightspeed. The light acts like light. And once again, the way that true magic is described lightning in nature is just magic casted by nature.

The problem is:

- Patry's Light Magic shares most properties of Light

- Patry was stated to be Lightspeed, so even if Light Magic isn't SOL, that's doesn't mean BC isn't FTL anymore

- Raia was also stated to move at lightspeed, and him and Patry are comparable

- We are assuming that the Lightning was actually moving at lightning speed, which wasn't stated to. Besides, Luck was the Lightning

- True Magic is just borrowing the mana of nature

^If that's really the case, then nevermind, if they say it's lightpeed twice, that means it's still good

We really need to stop being so strict when we see the words "magic" alongside light and lightning. I say that if it has enough properties that match light or lightning with very few contradictions, the properties that are like light should outweigh the contradictions. I plan on recommending a checklist system for light feats once the forum move happens to deal with this. (Assuming I remember)

Not to mention that we have no confirmation that this is how Light Magic and True Liight Magic works when compared to Lightning Magic. It would be a Hasty Generalization to assume the connection between Lightning Magic and True Lightning Magic indicates how all Base Magic and True Magic works for all other magics without further examples or evidence to prove such a thing. Nothing should be done to Light Magic until we see whether a) True Light Magic is even a thing and b) If it's treated as faster.

This is currently my stance.

Raia's statement: https://v217.**********.com/manga/Black-Clover/0051-006.png

Patry's: https://v217.**********.com/manga/Black-Clover/0050-007.p

The only thing I see that could be argued is whether or not Patry's light swords can be considered LS, because that's the only thing that prevents the verse from having actual numbers

That was my 2 cents.

I think waiting on more clarification for the differences between true magic and regular magic is before making any presumptions and being hasty. Even without scaling via light magic, Luck being only lightning speed wouldn't really make much sense scaling wise.

It seems like this suggestion has been rejected, and we shouldn't have nearly this many content revision threads during the forum migration anyway.

What I think is that, the God Tier should be SoL and the rest of Rel +. But I intend to do a thread about later.

I didn't know Yami said Patri's magic was lightspeed, I feel kinda dumb now whoops... But yeah this kinda popped into my head as food for thought, and seeing as I'm not the biggest Black Clover buff, I thought I'd gather better informed members opinions and thoughts.

Eh, it's okay. The statement is so early in the manga that most who don't read it tend to not realize it. Especialy since it's not a big moment or anything like that. Just some words and complaints from a few characters.

We literally know next to nothing on True Magic, so why are downgrades being talked about? Seriously, how do we know Gaja didn't amplify the speed of his lightning? He himself said the more you request the mana to do something, the stronger it becomes. Noelle easily dodged it the lightning, which would mean it is consistent. Luck was boosted by his already FTL amped armor and still couldn't outspeeds Sveknn, then requested his magic to get faster and did, then did it AGAIN and pierced his skin.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
Why does Asta's justification for FTL still have an invalid calc linked too it and another attack that isn't accepted as light speed for justification?
Probably didn't get removed in when the verse was downgraded back down to FTL or whenever that revision happened.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
Why does Asta's justification for FTL still have an invalid calc linked too it and another attack that isn't accepted as light speed for justification?
Are there other valid calculations justifying the current speed levels?

And if so, would somebody be willing to help out by removing the inaccurate/invalid ones from the profiles and verse page?

I feel like True Magic can heavily downgrade the speed of the verse depending on how things turn out but I don't think it's likely and I hope it doesn't.

Antvasima said:
It seems like this suggestion has been rejected, and we shouldn't have nearly this many content revision threads during the forum migration anyway.
The original plan was to discuss this topic after the forum move anyway, so this should probably be closed if there is nothing to do currently.

Well, I was told that there are some outdated calculation links in the profiles. That should preferably be corrected before we close this.

@Ant

We currently have no calcs to justify the speed of the verse, just several instances of two characters moving FTL and a few characters reflecting some presumably SOL attacks.

Oh, that is not good. You should ask a few calc group members for help with calculating those feats then.

Back