• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Black Clover speed upgrade

This thread is a joke. https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3918934

My thread got deleted as I was making a long post so I'll make this short.

1. Sally confirms that magical elements work like their real world counterparts which her experiment in Dorothy's Glamour Wolrd gave evidence to. Here's a real life example.

2. Raia is light speed confirmed in the Viz manga, yes? Mereoleona blitzes him, several times, before he transforms. Yami has fought stronger people than her later on in the series, like the Word Devil, who effortlessly kept up with Patri and Yuno who evaded several light magics from both Raia and Patri combined. This makes Leona and Yami MFTL.

3. "Light doesn't refract that way." - completely false statement. Light doesn't refract only one way, liquids don't refract light the same way as clear solids. Gel is a liquid. Look it up.

4. As for the crystal being destroyed, suspension of disbelief please. Reflect Ray is an offensive magic. The most "hurt" light can do to someone in real life is blind them. Otherwise you can bring this argument up with every cosmic and MFTL entity. It's the only "anti-feat" too.

5. Gauche's statement of being surprised by light speed is also very early on in the series (50s vs current arc in the 200s). The fact that he knew it was light speed already means they could track light, at the very least.

We know all of this tho lol. We accept it as light speed. Black Clover goes out of its way more than a lot of series to establish light speed

Wait this is an upgrade thread?

I don't really agree with any mftl magic knight captains or anyone comparable to them.

The only person in verse who should be MFTL+ is legitimately Julius because he will actually have a calc that puts him on thatlevel and he hismelf is consistent because he is still the strongest and fastest BC character to date from all of the new latest context

Mftl is probably definitely going to become a thing later down the line in the manga for people like Yami but rn I definitely don't agree with mftl pre time skip magic knight captains because right now it's just not consistent nor does it make sense as of right now.

2 - Blitzing a SoL doesn't make you MFTL, much less Yami who claims he can't hit someone SoL.

4 - Reflect Ray is not quoted as light, so its argument is invalid.

5 - No matter if it's early, the point is that he can't see anything at the speed of light.

USklaverei said:
2 - Blitzing a SoL doesn't make you MFTL, much less Yami who claims he can't hit someone SoL.

Yami can't hit someone SoL... LOL

Not quoted as light =/= Not being lightspeed but I won't waste my time to argue that

5 - No matter if it's early, the point is that he can't see anything at the speed of light.

Again, can't see =/= can't dodge. He couldn't see it because of the luminosity unless you prove otherwise. Heck, the exact same thing happened to Julius, yet he still hit him.

Yes, Yammy literally says he can't.

But why would it be the speed of light then?

So are you telling me that Gauche is superior to Yammi?
You're very biased, Gauche quotes you can't see because of the speed.

Yet he did, Feat>Statement and I gave you the feat. I can't do anything else if you ignore that

Like I said I don't want to waste the little time I have to argue this

Show a proof that he couldn't see it because of the speed? Sorry but when you're able to intercept and reflect an attack that means you were able to react to it. Also Yami isn't GOD you know? Just because he couldn't "hit" him (which again, he did) that doesn't mean the others can't at least react to his attacks

Yes, you know the amazing thing is that Licht himself mentions that Dark Magic is much slower than light, that is, another undone.

Yes, you don't want to lose because you know you're wrong.

No need, he explicitly mentions that it was for your speed, but as you are very biased, do not accept it.

Sheogorath3 said:
This only makes Gauche FTL.

Which is how it is currently, or not?
Yeah, so idk why USK says he couldn't react to a light speed attack

@Itachi only once, against Patry's fastest spell

Yami cites the entire battle that can only block Patri's attacks by predicting his moves and against the fastest attack (which is cited as the speed of light) he cites that he could do nothing.

I should prob mention now that the current FTL calc being used needs to be removed until it's remade.

It's old, doesn't make much sense, and uses the outdated formula. I asked the calc member Spino the other day about it.

USklaverei said:

Okay u need to stop this damn downplay.

Yami literally was fast enough to hit the devil twice.

He was faster than Vetto who is faster and stronger than Patri.

This clearly downplay

It doesnt seem like either of those have been accepted. Also I think BC should have a thread discussing whether or not light magic should be considered LS.

USklaverei said:
Yes, you know the amazing thing is that Licht himself mentions that Dark Magic is much slower than light, that is, another undone.

Yes, you don't want to lose because you know you're wrong.

No need, he explicitly mentions that it was for your speed, but as you are very biased, do not accept it.
At this point you know nothing about the series and the characters.

Yes, Dark Magic is slower than Light Magic but Patry himself says that Yami condenses his darkness into his sword to vastly increase its speed: https://v1.mangabeast01.com/manga/Black-Clover/0050-004.png

Okay kid

Until you prove he meant speed and not luminosity, you're the one that's wrong

AstralKing7 said:
Yami literally was fast enough to hit the devil twice.

He was faster than Vetto who is faster and stronger than Patri.

This clearly downplay
He simply scratched it, how can an MFTL only scratch a SoL?

Why is Vetto faster than Patri?

Epsilon R said:
At this point you know nothing about the series and the characters.

Yes, Dark Magic is slower than Light Magic but Patry himself says that Yami condenses his darkness into his sword to vastly increase its speed: https://v1.mangabeast01.com/manga/Black-Clover/0050-004.png

Okay kid

Until you prove he meant speed and not luminosity, you're the one that's wrong
In the sweep you provided says absolutely nothing about Yami increasing the speed of Black Magic, your biased interpretation will not update again.

It is not me who needs to prove that I am right, since my thread was accepted, if it were no longer biased, I would be able to interpret Gauche's speech.

ShadowGun45 said:
Wrath Of Itachi said:
Can you link it?
Received 1059725244379036
Is this supposed to disprove anything?

Demon Light Magic is explicitly stated to be faster and stronger than your typical Light Magic. Nozel coming in clutch means he has enough speed to intercept a spell a Chapter 50 Yami said he couldn't dodge, just even faster and stronger.

Case in point:

Yuno avoiding both Patri and Rhya's Light Magic spells with ease. Yuno having difficulty avoiding (and getting hit) by Patri using the same spell but in Demon Light Magic.

Even if you don't take the spell Light Swords of Conviction (the spell Yuno is evading in the aforementioned 2 links) as having the same properties as Ray of Divine Judgement (which is the spell that Yami has said to be explicity LS), then the Demon Light Magic version of the spell that Nozel intercepted should be considered FTL+/MFTL.

Back