• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Black Clover Discussion Thread Page 2

That also applies to Naruto :p

Not really. From the beginning, he stole a Forbidden Jutsu from the Scroll which he could only spam because of all the chakra he had from birth.

As horrifying as that is, he's still somewhat lean. In the spoilers his neck is effing thick, what godforsaken training has he been doing

Yeah Asta is insane

We all talk about the Saitama workout or how to get a build like Broly but no one considers being the 15 year old kid who looks like he could suplex your entire existence

Naruto: Scrawny crossfit loser for the entire series and well into his adulthood, uses artificial tailed beast and sage gains to boost himself beyond what his effort should allow him to become, is a weeb symbol of hard work

Asta: Started off with less value than a peasant because he was born fundamentally crippled, so he started pumping iron to the point that he's the second physically strongest character in his entire series behind forking Yami, all without any magical means whatsoever, just sheer grit and determination that won't be stopped by anything, is called a naruto ripoff

Admittedly yeah, I dig naruto a lot but it sort of lost some of its lustre when he went from this scrappy kid with a massive curse to literal ninja Jesus, whose father was apparently the literal best and was "the child of legend or something"

At least he didn't end up going the Bleach route where Ichigo ended up being like, part Hollow, part Soul Reaper, and so on and so on until he was literally made up of every major species in the Bleach world

inb4 Luffy finds out his family has gotten around so much that he's part every species in the entire world and with a bit of transformation he can use basically any physical attribute out there

@DMUA meh. I've never been a big fan of being big, I mean I'm naturally broad and ever since I started working out I've only grown broader but I'm only average height, so I appear shorter than I really am. I've had little kids look at me and go "you're really short" it sucks lol. So honestly I'm more a fan of Naruto's build.

@PTSOMONKEY That was somehow more annoying, kid basically won the genetic lottery but hardly anything ever really came from it

Foolishness, I'm like 1.9 meters and still growing

Of course I haven't really been able to gain muscle but if I was to eat properly I would totally be able to outflex the shonen crossfit losers

@Ionliosite

Personally, I hold BC in the top 3 ongoing Jump series going on rn along with Chainsawman and Jujutsu Kaisen

@Davidsteel1

Yeah it was really weird. And kinda convulated. Wasn't it like the guy who he thought was his Bankai was his Hollow and the guy who he thought was his Hollow was his Bankai? Or was it his Quincy side? I can't remember anymore.

The dude he thought was his bankai was actually Yhwach then turned into just quincy zangetsu later down the line, I believe, and his hollow side is also his bankai because both sides are fundamentally him

I haven't read the bloodwar so I don't know how exactly they explain Yhwach pretending to be his Zanpaktou for awhile but hey Bleach

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
@Ionliosite

Personally, I hold BC in the top 3 ongoing Jump series going on rn along with Chainsawman and Jujutsu Kaisen
Never read either, but I've heard good things about Chainsawman. Don't know if either of them counts as nekketsu tho.

@DMUA & PTSOMONKEY I don't like thinking about the source and exact logic behind Ichigo's powers because all it does is give me a headache

@Ionliosite

Tbh both have elements of a nekketsu but they take them in a different direction than BC. They're both great reads, with Kaisen having that old school YYH + Bleach vibe and Chainsaw being a really wacky and dark shonen altogether

@Davidsteel1

Now you know how I felt towards the end of Bleach

Honestly idk. It's published in WSJ, so I just kinda assumed it was shonen.

Tho, given the content in Chainsaw, no surprise people consider it seinen. Hell, most people are still surprised Jump gave it the ok 40+ chapters in.

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
@Ionliosite

Tbh both have elements of a nekketsu but they take them in a different direction than BC. They're both great reads, with Kaisen having that old school YYH + Bleach vibe and Chainsaw being a really wacky and dark shonen altogether
What do you mean by "in a different direction"?

I may actually read Kaisen given what I'm seeing.

Read a bit of chainsaw man, not for me unfortunately. Haven't read Jujutsu though, but I've heard good things.

Greatest mistake was reading fire punch; that just made me all kinds of uncomfortable

@Ionliosite

Little pressed for time atm, but I was kinda referring to Chainsaw more than Kaisen. But basically, while Kaisen's plot is similar to what you'd find in Naruto or Bleach, the characters themselves (with a couple exceptions) really drive the story. Their dialogue, team dynamic, and overall personality make them bounce off each other well and overall a blast to read. Yuuji (the MC) seems like Naruto-clone at first, but he quickly takes a more mature and realistic approach to his bizarre set of circumstances. Plus the sensei character, Gotou, is the best troll. He's always a blast when on panel.

If there are a couple bad things I can say about Kaisen, is that its explanation of its power system/world building and pacing leave something to be desired. They never really slow down to explain either or have a cool-down chapter, which some might enjoy, but it can leave some aspects of the story confusing and half baked.

So far though, its been a solid 8/10 every chapter.

@Davidsteel1

I personally liked Fire Punch, but yeah it was a fever dream and a half.

Back