• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Black Clover Discussion Thread Page 2

I've been planning on making a verse page for Jujutsu Kaisen but I don't if it's hard so I was wondering if any people could help out.

JJK definitely deserves a verse page. Has probably the most broken abilities of the new gen manga tbh in Shonen Jump

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
Yuuji (the MC) seems like Naruto-clone at first, but he quickly takes a more mature and realistic approach to his bizarre set of circumstances.
I liked what you were saying untill here, this killed my mood. I honestly dislike this stupid take of making stuff more "realistic". Come on people, I'm reading about people creating energy blasts from their hands while breaking the law of conversation of energy, I don't care about nor want realism.

There's a value to a more real story, it's something to learn from. By being closer to our world, it can think about real topics and make us think about the world we live in

but if you don't want that I guess it's fair game

DMUA said:
There's a value to a more real story, it's something to learn from. By being closer to our world, it can think about real topics and make us think about the world we live in
I never said otherwise, I just said that when you have stuff that's blantatly impossible irl, such as creating energy blasts from your hands, then realism isn't what you should aim for, since you're already breaking the idea of it being like the world we live in by having such things.

Even with things out there like that, you can still have villains like Younger Toguro who was only where he was simply due to his own failings and the misguided path he took to remedy them

which, at that, is a dramatic oversimplification, see here and here

The second video as it states is for people who have already seen Yu Yu Hakusho but what are you doing go watch it you foolish fool

Man if only I said something like how that feature was completely out there yet the structure of the character itself is something you can see happening to an actual human being

It doesn't matte if his backstory is something that can happen to any actual human being. The guy is a friggin demon. It can't be realistic when you have a mythical being there.

I still don't get why some profiles use Wizard King and others use Magic Emperor, when we know both Magic Emperor and Sorcery Emperor are much much accurate translations of the original Mahoutei.

@Ionliosite

When I said realistic, I meant that he wasn't like overly ambitious, with stuff like "I'm gonna save everyone no matter what!" or "I'm gonna be the best ever!" He's a little more toned down without being a bummer. Like, he still has some of those lovable goof aspects you'd find with Naruto, Asta, etc, but his personality has also gotten more serious with the events that unfold before him.

Think of Gon's character arc, except Yuuji hasn't reached the point of crippling depression and near-suicidal rage.

Though I personally disagree that mystical characters can't have realistic personalities or story arcs. Guys like Superman (who's not even human) and Spider-Man have been apart of some of the most human stories I've ever read, with many of the supernatural aspects being used as metaphor or some other narrative device to tell a story that many people can relate to on some level.

Just my two cents. I'd still highly recommend Jujutsu Kaisen if you ever have down time or if bored.

@Epsilon R

Finally, best grill has a profile

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
Though I personally disagree that mystical characters can't have realistic personalities or story arcs. Guys like Superman (who's not even human) and Spider-Man have been apart of some of the most human stories I've ever read, with many of the supernatural aspects being used as metaphor or some other narrative device to tell a story that many people can relate to on some level.
That's not even close to what I said. I agree Supes is one of the most human characters I've seen, and he isn't even human, and there totally are story arcs regarding him I can relate to. But the fact he's an alien means he isn't realistic, since as far as accepted science go, humanoid integilligent life forms don't exist.

Oh I thought you meant, like, there can't be realistic supernatural characters as in, y'know, there character. Not the probability that a thing like this can actually exist.

It's confusing when one person says a thing to describe a character and you take the word into a completely different definition unrelated to the initial preposition

DMUA said:
It's confusing when one person says a thing to describe a character and you take the word into a completely different definition unrelated to the initial preposition
When did I do that? He basically called the prota "Naruto but realistic", so I automatically assumed he meant exactly that: that he was a ninja, or a spy, that used stealth and went undercovered as an assassin, without having any kind of supernatural ability. Since that is what a realistic Naruto would be.

I said:

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
he quickly takes a more mature and realistic approach to his bizarre set of circumstances.
Not that the circumstances themselves were realistic, but the way he chooses to approach them and how he reacts to them. Sorry if that was unclear.

Back