• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Black Clover: Devil Physiology Ability Addition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that's very relevant to Devil Physiology. That could actually fall under Awakened Power or something of the sort for Saint Stage users

Well, any Spirit User, as it involves the resonance between a Spirit User and their Spirit reaching 100%

I get why you think it'd be worth adding here, but this is more focused on the devils themselves rather than what is used to defeat them

What do you mean?
  • “A low-ranking devil lacks the invulnerability that devils of mid-rank or higher have, and can thus be defeated by their opponent attacking with power greater than themselves.”… I feel this is incorrect because Luck blitzes mid devils to oblivion like they’re nothing. Invulnerability should only apply to high ranking devils, while ultimate magic is strong enough for mid devils but they were never Invulnerable. What do you think?

That's incorrect. Dryad states that only low-rank devils can be defeated without needing Arcane Stage, stating that "the problem comes with those that are mid-rank or higher." Luck blitzed the devils and severed them, yeah, but he didn't kill them because he's not Arcane.

That's incorrect. Dryad states that only low-rank devils can be defeated without needing Arcane Stage, stating that "the problem comes with those that are mid-rank or higher." Luck blitzed the devils and severed them, yeah, but he didn't kill them because he's not Arcane.
Although you are correct about Dryhad's statement, she never specified what was needed to beat mid devils and we already know what is needed to beat a higher devil so I understand where you are coming from when you assumed arcane is also required for mid devils...

Dryad never mentioned anything about ultimate magic, which is where luck comes in on the lower left of the panel.. and of course, he decimated them and killed them. How are they dead? They are not present in this panel and they are no longer a threat. Unless you would say they ran away which is unlikely.

Luck showed Dryhad that with Ultimate magic, mid-devils are not a problem.

I am not about to have this discussion again I'm getting war flashbacks.

Luck didn't even hit them where their hearts would be, so that disproves that he killed them by default. They can be no longer a threat without being killed, as in this case, they've been completely dismembered, rendering them as no longer a threat.

my bad, we need to settle this : (

Literally, 2 of the 4 devils were struck where their hearts would be located. Also, a devil's heart can be located anywhere on their body, and with the case of lower devils they can be killed regardless they are aimed at the heart, and lastly the devil's heart hax has been stressed with only high ranking devils and above.

they've been completely dismembered, rendering them as no longer a threat.
so why haven't they regenerated?

so why haven't they regenerated?
I actually think this is for high-level devils only because the mid-ranks just didn't regenerate. But the fact that they had speech bubbles and everything and the fact that, as shown in chapter 311, only the low-ranks have actually been killed, means that they are alive. It's very possible that they simply can't regenerate.

I actually think this is for high-level devils only because the mid-ranks just didn't regenerate. But the fact that they had speech bubbles and everything and the fact that, as shown in chapter 311, only the low-ranks have actually been killed, means that they are alive. It's very possible that they simply can't regenerate.
What about the one that was killed by Zenon in the flashback?

But the fact that they had speech bubbles and everything and the fact that,
But But

Zenon too had a whole dialogue with Yuno when he was slashed in two.

Similar to things you see in demon slayer when they have a whole episode long dialogue when they are disintegrating

The speech bubbles don't matter.

So what's the point of introducing what Ultimate magic could do!

But But

Zenon too had a whole dialogue with Yuno when he was slashed in two.

Similar to things you see in demon slayer when they have a whole episode long dialogue when they are disintegrating

The speech bubbles don't matter.

So what's the point of introducing what Ultimate magic could do!
Even disregarding that, using your logic of "Luck wouldn't just leave them alive" falls apart because even if we want to assume the conditions are all perfectly as you said, Luck still left some devils with just their heads ripped off and didn't do anything else to them. Why would he do that if he can kill them?

Also, Dryad fully knew about how Ultimate Magic worked, as she explained to the Heart Kingdom squad how they'd be able to artificially use it. Given this and the dire situation, if Ultimate Magic could kill mid-rank devils, she would've said that to them. But she doesn't, in fact even with Ultimate Magic, she considers them a problem.

Another reason why the presence of speech bubbles don't matter
Luck still left some devils with just their heads ripped off and didn't do anything else to them.

A devil's heart can be anywhere on their body, including their heads
Also, Dryad fully knew about how Ultimate Magic worked, as she explained to the Heart Kingdom squad how they'd be able to artificially use it. Given this and the dire situation, if Ultimate Magic could kill mid-rank devils, she would've said that to them. But she doesn't, in fact even with Ultimate Magic, she considers them a problem.

Dryad in the panel was a flashback, she is not on the battlefield. Since she knows about mid and high ranking devils she still insists that they should be taught ultimate magic and she sees it as an asset to them... she could've viewed them as a problem at the time before they learned ultimate magic, however, it is impossible to know if she still views them as a problem now that her students (or I think just Luck) have learned Ultimate magic.

Even if I lose this argument, Are we really just gonna assume the devils are not dead and just in the area doing nothing?

Yes, that's exactly what we're gonna assume: that because Luck can't kill them, he just left them in a state where they can't continue fighting. Also, you're forgetting that learning Ultimate Magic wasn't Dryad's idea; it was Patry's idea because Noelle insisted on getting stronger.

I give up,
Let’s see what Epsilon or others think

My stance:
True magic or massive mana output are typically used to kill low ranks

ultimate magic which is higher than True Magic was clearly implied kill mid devils

Arcane Stage mages and Saint Stage mages deal with High Ranking to Supreme devils because they are the only ones shown to have devil heart invulnerability

what do you think about the little discussion on mid devils. Can they be killed by only arcane stage or both arcane stage and ultimate magic?

I sent scans earlier of Luck successfully dealing with Mid devils using ultimate magic

If devils don't have organs besides their heart, I think we can give them "Limited Resistance to Durability Negation" as they'd be resistant to any moves that negate durability via attacking their insides

I'm in agreement with the creation of the Blog, the arguments against not having the Blog aren't that convincing to me compared to the arguments to have the Blog.

Can't comment on anything else within this thread since i'm very much behind on Black Clover.

what do you think about the little discussion on mid devils. Can they be killed by only arcane stage or both arcane stage and ultimate magic?

I sent scans earlier of Luck successfully dealing with Mid devils using ultimate magic
Luck incapacitated them but there's no proof of them dying especially since they were talking and wondering WTF hit them after they cut in pieces by Luck.

Luck incapacitated them but there's no proof of them dying especially since they were talking and wondering WTF hit them after they cut in pieces by Luck.
This is not a good enough reason to assume they are not dead ffs! They were blitzed without realizing they are dead... Y'know the stuff that happens in a ton of fictional works? Sigh...

I already gave examples of devils capable of talking when they are dying too anyway

Or even in real life where the head gets chopped off swiftly and you have a couple of seconds of optimal brain activity

No point saying the devil's heart isn't located in the head because it can be located anywhere on their body as I've shown earlier

Y'know what... baby steps... remove their ability to regenerate since we can all agree they are no longer a threat to anyone.

If devils don't have organs besides their heart, I think we can give them "Limited Resistance to Durability Negation" as they'd be resistant to any moves that negate durability via attacking their insides
Nope Nope, Disagree

Unnecessary, or even wrong

immortality type 2 and 3 with type 3 being high-mid regen exists, if it doesn't then it should be added instead

or wdym? Poison? if so then it hasn't been shown yet and we can't assume they have no organ because devils have a vascular system which is why they cough up blood. The action of coughing up blood is also a result of a respiratory system being filled up with blood.

If not poison then Idk what other moves negate durability inwards which cant be handled with what iveI'ventioned

Also, have tongues and possibly esophaguses... that's the plural of esophagus right? hehe

Nope Nope, Disagree

Unnecessary, or even wrong

immortality type 2 and 3 with type 3 being high-mid regen exists, if it doesn't then it should be added instead
Having a physiology that lacks organs humans have doesn't grant any sort of immortality, at all. I don't know what you're trying to say here.
or wdym? Poison? if so then it hasn't been shown yet and we can't assume they have no organ because devils have a vascular system which is why they cough up blood. The action of coughing up blood is also a result of a respiratory system being filled up with blood.
Having blood and having a vascular system is totally different. Also, no devil coughed up blood, they merely bled. So they do have blood, but that's about it.

If not poison then Idk what other moves negate durability inwards which cant be handled with what iveI'ventioned
Just because it can be handled with something else doesn't mean you can't have both. And there are plenty others ways to damage someone from the inside such as blunt attacks that deal internal damage, Gravity, which can crush organs and mostly verse-specific abilities

Having a physiology that lacks organs humans have doesn't grant any sort of immortality, at all. I don't know what you're trying to say here.
Whoa Whoa Whoa...

I never used the premise of lacking organs to conclude that they should have immortality type 2 and 3.

I said the entire idea of resistance to dura nega due to organs lacking is unnecessary and may even be wrong. Then inferred how devils may in fact have internal organs.

I said they have immortality because they can survive regardless of their physical damage and type 3 high-mid because they can regenerate at that level which they already have, do they not?. durability negation attack are quite meaningless if they simply regenerate from any damage if the heart is unaffected. Then i asked CloverDragon03 for more info on what he means by dura neg that immortality cant handle. and if he thinks they still lack organs i'd like to debate him on that.
Having blood and having a vascular system is totally different. Also, no devil coughed up blood, they merely bled. So they do have blood, but that's about it.
Yep yep

but they should have a circulatory system, definitely may not be like humans, but they should since they have a heart and blood flow.

Oh Oh and this is the fastest example I could bring up of a devil coughing up blood. Should maybeeee support a devil respiratory system hehe

I'm neutral tbh, I don't even have the time to care enough about it
Hehe

No worries, take as much time as you need, this is only a hobby, right?

I just love this verse a lot and want the best for it on here considering the reputation of this wiki. I'm having fun and I want all of us to have fun working on stuff too.

I'm pretty sure devils coughing up blood doesn't really mean they have that sort of system, just that they have blood. And the fact that Zagred was cut to pieces and we only ever see his heart as far as internal organs go (and when the outside of Megicula's body is destroyed and in the process of regenerating, we don't see any other organs besides the heart) leads me to believe that they don't have said organs. They seem to have whatever substance devils are made of instead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back