• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Black Clover: Devil Physiology Ability Addition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure devils coughing up blood doesn't really mean they have that sort of system, just that they have blood. And the fact that Zagred was cut to pieces and we only ever see his heart as far as internal organs go (and when the outside of Megicula's body is destroyed and in the process of regenerating, we don't see any other organs besides the heart) leads me to believe that they don't have said organs. They seem to have whatever substance devils are made of instead
Couldn't it have been destroyed with the rest of the body? I mean... She could've been in the process of regenerating lost organs too. The heart is the only organ that is visible due to its invulnerability.

I believe the presence of blood and a heart suggests a devil circulatory pathway facilitating blood flow, wish i could convince you on that.

I do acknowledge what you're saying about Megicula, but the Zagred example is what really hits it for me. He was cut to pieces, and if a devil were to have organs, even if they were cut to pieces, they'd still be visible along with the pieces of Zagred himself, yet none are ever shown.

but what about considering Tabata's drawing style? I think he doesn't go into detail all that often when it comes to internal organs as he tends to draw Dante, A human, like this too.

don’t mind us

We are just debating the contents of the blog

The creation of the blog itself has been unanimously or mostly agreed on.

Last edited:
Well when Dante had his torso blown away, it was completely obliterated. That's why nothing is shown.
but from the scan the esophagus, bladder, kidneys, humerus (bone), etc should still be visible due the parts of his body where these organs are located being un-touched by the attack.
This implies that Tabata leaves out these details in his art for his personal reasons. I for one think he deems these details as unnecessary gore

Dude, all those body parts are in places where the innards would not be visible in that shot. The kidneys, for example, are in his torso, which was completely blown away

Bruh...

the esophagus and the vertebrae are located from the head down to the hip. parts of the esophagus and the spine should still be visible from that angle below the neck. The left humerus should still be visible from that angle as well, like around the left arm. The muscles and blood vessels are literally nonexistent and there is no bleeding whatsoever.

Tabata doesn't need to be highly detailed to tell a story that comes out every week, he literally just shaded those open parts.

Edit: Parts of the Esophagus… not abdomen😂

Last edited:
Yeah at least there is evidence of a circulatory system and devils can survive without the use of these organs so idrc anymore

I'm getting rid of it. It's also very possible that Tabata just omits these details so as to not make things too gory

: )

Alright now

Devils do not possess negative mana, they possess malicious mana. Their magic is even repelled by negative mana.

However, Ancient Demons possess negative mana which is probably why they repel all spells in existence.

Mhmm

Remember when Licht used it to repel Zagred's possession?

And it is obtained from magic stones
Licht says his body is filled with a tremendous amount of negative mana, which came from Zagred trying to possess him, then he took in more negative mana via the magic stones.

So it's actually the same thing

Yes here, There was also a time lumiere called it a different type of magic. Malicious magic or something like that

which came from Zagred trying to possess him, then he took in more negative mana via the magic stones.

Ayoo??

Zagred was trying to possess him so Licht used the mage stone to take in negative mana to prevent this from happening. And look at his chest in the top left panel of the scan you recently sent, you'll see the mage stone.

Lumiere calls the mana from Devil magic malicious mana, If a Devil's mana was negative mana, a knowledgeable person such as Lumiere would've called it negative mana instead.

Negative Mana = Malicious Mana

Malicious Mana is just another way to say Negative Mana.

They denote the samething.

Zagred was trying to possess him so Licht used the mage stone to take in negative mana to prevent this from happening. And look at his chest in the top left panel of the scan you recently sent, you'll see the mage stone.
Read the scan I sent again. This is, word for word, what Licht says:

"Right now, I'm filled with tremendous negative mana. I don't have full control. If this goes on, that devil will take control of me. To prevent my magic and body from falling into the hands of something wicked, I've pulled more negative mana into myself."

The bolded part is important. He was already filled with negative mana due to Zagred's possession attempt. The magic stone part is him using them to give himself EVEN MORE negative mana

Although I agree with you, but why can't the case of Licht despairing before Lumiere's arrival be taken here?

Both cases of despairing (Licht and Patry) were caused by Zagred, and we later see this in full effect when Asta goes into Patry's memories and he hears all of Zagred's words that drove Patry to insanity and the same almost happens to him (but it doesn't, hence why he resists it)

The point about Asta helps to reinforce that this was caused by Zagred himself

I know it was caused by Zagred, I meant the negative mana, did it come from their own body? or infused by Zagred?

I semi-protected the page, and cleaned it up a bit.

I will close this thread then. Thank you to everybody who helped out here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back