• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BLACK CLOVER CRT (GOD TIER REVISION): 𝐓𝐇𝐄 ππŽπ–π„π‘ πŽπ… 𝐙𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐍

"Dozen noun, determiner

a group of twelve of the same thing
Give me a dozen, please.
two dozen eggs
three dozen red roses
half a dozen bottles of wine
a half-dozen bottles of wine"

dozens (informal) a lot of people or things
dozens of something I've been there dozens of times.
We interviewed dozens and dozens of people.
in dozens They arrived in dozens (= in large numbers).
Babies are turning up in their dozens to be snapped for the paper's Baby of the Year competition."

That's what I found in the Oxford Dictionary. You must speak English so you must know more than me, however, the kanji used is a reference to 10 and not 12.
I need some translations for a verse can you help me with them

"Dozen noun, determiner

a group of twelve of the same thing
Give me a dozen, please.
two dozen eggs
three dozen red roses
half a dozen bottles of wine
a half-dozen bottles of wine"

dozens (informal) a lot of people or things
dozens of something I've been there dozens of times.
We interviewed dozens and dozens of people.
in dozens They arrived in dozens (= in large numbers).
Babies are turning up in their dozens to be snapped for the paper's Baby of the Year competition."

That's what I found in the Oxford Dictionary. You must speak English so you must know more than me, however, the kanji used is a reference to 10 and not 12.

Then that’s a score.
10s are scores.

Anyway, I’ll try to confirm from my Japanese friends if I understand what you’re saying and actually what the translation is. @Arc7Kuroi would probably be here soon.

So, if the Kanji is referring to 10 and not twelve, doesn't that prove the whole thing really meant many tens instead of dozens???

Anyhow, when I translate 何 these separately I get many/several depending on the site, and when I fuse it with 十 I get either several dozens, many tens or dozens. Jisho even has it as a common word and refers to it as several tens

None of them really contradict each other, as several dozens is at least 36, many tens is 40 and dozens implies at least 24 as this at least 2 dozens but it could very be 3 or even 4 dozens

Last edited:
So, if the Kanji is referring to 10 and not twelve, doesn't that prove the whole thing really meant many tens instead of dozens???
I literally explained it in my last text, there is no way that Kanjis work.
Anyhow, when I translate 何 these separately I get many/several depending on the site, and when I fuse it with 十 I get either several dozens, many tens or dozens. Jisho even has it as a common word and refers to it as several tens

None of them really contradict each other, as several dozens is at least 36, many tens is 40 and dozens implies at least 24 as this at least 2 dozens but it could very be 3 or even 4 dozens
Didn't you read my comments? English is a very simplistic language, there is this confusion in relation to Dozens, I see several people mistakenly thinking that "何十倍" has some reference to 12, but it doesn't. If you translate this kanji to French, German, Portuguese, Spanish, Russian and etc, you get the same meaning: 2 or more units of 10, in other words, 20, 30, 40 and etc... Don't take separate translation of one Kanji and mix it with another that way.

This comment explained it:
in another example, if we add the kanji of "quantity" (倍) to "三十" (San-JΕ«) we have "三十倍" (San-JΕ«-Bai), which means specifically "Thirty times", we don't do that:

"San = Three
juu = ten
Bai = amount (of times)

So, the meaning is Three Ten of Times"

We have a specific word for it, which is "Thirty times". Unlike the Japanese, we have specific words, we can't take the literal meaning of each kanji and form words with it in the ways I exemplified. So "何十倍" (Nan-jΕ«-bai) means "Dozens", not "Many Tens of Times". So it's 20, not 40.

After consulting a japanese friend of mine. Im leaning towards changing the multiplier to 24x or even 20x since it implies a set of tens based on kanji still.

she says the kanji in the OP can either mean dozens of times or many tens of times. However when shown the full scan, she decided to stick with dozens of times.

I literally explained it in my last text, there is no way that Kanjis work.

Didn't you read my comments? English is a very simplistic language, there is this confusion in relation to Dozens, I see several people mistakenly thinking that "何十倍" has some reference to 12, but it doesn't. If you translate this kanji to French, German, Portuguese, Spanish, Russian and etc, you get the same meaning: 2 or more units of 10, in other words, 20, 30, 40 and etc... Don't take separate translation of one Kanji and mix it with another that way.

This comment explained it:
I literally did both on several translations sites. Separating them you get Many and ten, and doing it "your way" still got several tens of times and sometimes even many tens of times.

Even in other languages, the lowest I got was several tens of times.

I literally did both on several translations sites. Separating them you get Many and ten, and doing it "your way" still got several tens of times and sometimes even many tens of times.

Even in other languages, the lowest I got was several tens of times.
This is not the problem, the problem is that in Japanese this notion of many>several does not exist, which makes their use in that sense irrelevant since there they would only be synonyms, well at least that's what i understood.

Can it not just be 36x? Why the push for 40? Not to mention the kanji used is meant as a hyperbolic statement?

After consulting several translations from dictionaries, engines, friends, Chariot and fans translation again.

It’s safe to say that the multiplier should be at the very least 20x. Because that’s the absolute least value obtained from any translation.

This will make Zetten Ichika (628.8 Petatons) and Zetten Dark Samurai Ichika (3.773 exatons).

Are we cool with that?

After consulting several translations from dictionaries, engines, friends, Chariot and fans translation again.

It’s safe to say that the multiplier should be at the very least 20x. Because that’s the absolute least value obtained from any translation.

This will make Zetten Ichika (628.8 Petatons) and Zetten Dark Samurai Ichika (3.773 exatons).

Are we cool with that?
That seems smart.

Are we cool with that?
Fine with this.

Bump

Also I've heard this proposition before and I wanted to know what people thought of it.

A pre-Zetten Training Black Asta could somewhat block and take the edge off Zetten Base Ichika's attacks. However, a mid-Zetten Training Black Asta was entirely unable to stop a non-Zetten Black Musha Ichika's yoryoku (magic) and had to use Devil Union to stop it

As such, it could be said that Black Musha Ichika (w/o Zetten) > Base Ichika (with Zetten)

Thoughts?
I mean, it seems fine, although it is worth noting that Black Musha Ichika's attack was completely different from the one her Zetten Base used (since her base used normal sword swings while her Black Musha self used a gravity attack of sorts that seemed more focused on pulling Asta in than hurting him).

But if other people agree to it then I will as well.

The point is that regardless, Asta could somewhat cancel out Base Zetten Ichika's magic while he was completely unable to do so for Black Musha Ichika

The point is that regardless, Asta could somewhat cancel out Base Zetten Ichika's magic while he was completely unable to do so for Black Musha Ichika
Neutral until further input.

Tbh seems more like Lifting Strength to me but if others agree with you then I will.

Because it's gravity.
It still has its own potency of magic, though - that potency being Ichika's level of magic in Black Musha - and if Asta could nullify that, it wouldn't matter. This is evidenced by the fact that he could literally do so when using Devil Union, saying "I'll sever any magic that's affecting me"

Last edited:
It still has its own potency of magic, though - that potency being Ichika's level of magic in Black Musha - and if Asta could nullify that, it wouldn't matter. This is evidenced by the fact that he could literally do so when using Devil Union, saying "I'll sever any magic that's affecting me"

Okay then. I agree.

Will change the OP and apply the changes.

Bump

Also I've heard this proposition before and I wanted to know what people thought of it.

A pre-Zetten Training Black Asta could somewhat block and take the edge off Zetten Base Ichika's attacks. However, a mid-Zetten Training Black Asta was entirely unable to stop a non-Zetten Black Musha Ichika's yoryoku (magic) and had to use Devil Union to stop it

As such, it could be said that Black Musha Ichika (w/o Zetten) > Base Ichika (with Zetten)

Thoughts?
@DarkDragonMedeus @Dereck03 @DemonGodMitchAubin You guys participated in the thread so I’ve gotta ask, what do you think of this proposal?

Fine with this POV.

So if I'm not mistaken:

Devil Union Asta (not sure which key) = Black Musha Ichika with no Zetten > Zetten Base Ichika = 628.8 petatons

Zetten Black Musha Ichika and Zetten Devil Union Asta >= 12.576 exatons.

So if I'm not mistaken:

Devil Union Asta (not sure which key) = Black Musha Ichika with no Zetten > Zetten Base Ichika = 628.8 petatons

Zetten Black Musha Ichika and Zetten Devil Union Asta >= 12.576 exatons.
Correct

And this is Post-Zetten Training Devil Union Asta

Back