• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BK-201/Hei stat check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gemmysaur

VS Battles
Retired
First of all, I'd like to question the canonicity of the manga Darker than Black: Shikkoku no Hana. It apparently comes after Season 1 (a year after Hei's explosive finale) but I have found no clear answer as to whether or not it is part of the original verse. The original character designer of the show is the manga artist for this one though.

Depending on the canonicity, Hei may just get an upgrade... or not. Maybe a src or something to clarify his stats instead of what is written currently.

Speed: Peak Human with Subsonic reactions (Potentially a bullet-timer)

Anyways, feats.

I don't know how to calc so if this manga is truly canon, then I'd like to ask the calc staff to check on it. Thank you.

Hei dodges a kick that creates sonic booms.

Dtb manga feats2
Dtb manga feats

Next, Hei bullet-times.

Dtb manga feats4
Dtb manga feats3

Here's something for my sorries in case this was already discussed or something.

Yin revelations

I'm bumping this since these definitely seem to be at least Supersonic feats.

I didn't think bullet timing would make someone only Subsonic....hmmm.

Aside from that, the Sonic Boom kick dodging feat does seem like Supersonic to me.

In the anime, I'm pretty sure it was all aimdodging.

Anyways, these all seem to be Supersonic feats or better. Some of them might give good results if calced...?

I was thinking about the same on that too, Prom. Maybe if it was calc'd would be better. But as is, they seem Supersonic to me here. *Nods*

First we have to figure out which is canon. Darker than Black was originally an anime created by Tensai Okamura. He also wrote the plot for the manga adaption of the first season.

He is also the one that directed the second anime season.

For the manga I am finding varying sources on who created it, either it was Tensai Okamura as well, or it was the character designer Yuji Iwahara.

Either way it would appear the second season is actually canon. I don't recall the second season properly (maybe because I seriously disliked it), but I think there could be continuity issues with assuming that the manga is canon. (and if there aren't we would still need to make sure if it's canon)

DontTalk said:
First we have to figure out which is canon. Darker than Black was originally an anime created by Tensai Okamura. He also wrote the plot for the manga adaption of the first season.
Well, the best I can find is Anime News Network's listing and Square Enix's listing.

Link #1 - Okamura Tensai's profile

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=4143

Staff in: Darker than Black: Shikkoku no Hana (manga) : Story

Link #2 - Announcement for Shikkoku no Hana replacing the events that happened in Ryuusei no Gemini

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ck-seikishi-seitokai-no-ichizon-get-new-manga

Link #3 - Shikkoku no Hana profile

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/manga.php?id=11977

Link #4 - Square Enix listing for Shikkoku no Hana

http://www.jp.square-enix.com/magazine/top/introduction/detail/9784757527065.html

DARKER THAN BLACK - Jet Black Flowers - Volume 1

Author: Yuji Iwappara

Original: BONES - Tensai Okamura

Release Date: October 24, 2009

Then, with google translate, this is the text body...

TV anime "DARKER THAN BLACK- meteor of twins -" during the broadcast!
After a few weeks from Tokyo explosion .... KiriHara Misaki of the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department Ministry of Public Security, was perceive the "Black Death" was called subscribers involved in the back of the mysterious murder! - Completely new work that is spun by Yuji Iwappara, the third of the "DARKER THAN BLACK" appeared!

The bolded part seems particularly important to me.

It was left aside because canonicity reasons. I don't know if the ones I posted are of any help.

What say you?

It's still unproven, and I haven't the moonrune expertise to lurk around japanese sites for more data.

It does not seem like anybody is interested anymore.

Not that no one interested anymore, it more like we are playing the waiting game just like Darksoul upgrade.

That being said we should just close this for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back