• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bionicle island size revision

Elizio33

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
The Mata Mui island is canonically 486 km x 285 km. The thing is that dosen't make any sense since the GSR is 12192 km tall and the Mata Nui island is meant to cover the face of the GSR. That would mean that the island is bigger than the official sizes. I found this and i would like if some knowledgeable calcs members could help. If the Mata Nui island is bigger than the official sizes, than we should also revise Metru Nui size and possibly upgrade the 7-A characters like Teridax.

Metru Nui is canonically 65 times smaller than Mata Nui, being only 40.51 miles/65.2 km long and 20.43 miles/32.88 km wide.

GSR face and the Mata Nui island comparisons

FaberFiles Turaga Files Exhibit022

Hmm

That post doesn't show the part where they measure the island based on the giant spirit robot, though

Well we'd need what the yield to destroy Metru Nui would be, and even then it wouldn't apply to much

Ah, guess that would work, now that I look at it

so, 2045474.801 meters is our length, as per width... I could probably pixel scale to compare but eh I'll just say it's a third of it's length, 681824.933667 meters

Elevation above sea level is on average like 460 meters I believe

2045474.801 times 681824.933667 times 460 is 6.4154163e+14 meters, 6.4154163e+20 centimeters

what type of destruction are we talking about here

Depends on the Nova Blast. We've only seen one, a flood from Gali that destroyed an island, but a Nova Blast could destroy Metru Nui. The effects would vary depending on the Element of the respective Toa. I guess a Fire Toa could incinerate a bunch of shit in the blast, but we've never seen one, so who knows.

Unfortunately, Karzahni's destruction isn't really described either, it's just said that there's "nothing left". It was also calced at City level by Kep anyways, so it's not really a big feat.

hmm

If it's not described I can just use a blast

Radius in meters^3×((27136×1.37895+8649)^(1/2)/13568-93/13568)^2

2045474.801^3×((27136×1.37895+8649)^(1/2)/13568-93/13568)^2 makes for...

6.878091e+14 Tons, 687.809097943 Teratons, Large Country level+

Well, no one destroys Mata Nui (the island) [well the Bohrok do but that's as a swarm and over time, though fairly quickly], but Metru Nui (which is much smaller [40.51 miles/65.2 km long and 20.43 miles/32.88 km wide officially]) is destroyed. Elizio's post says Metru Nui is 65 times smaller.

ah

well 65200^3×((27136×1.37895+8649)^(1/2)/13568-93/13568)^2 makes for 22275543155 Tons, 22.275543155 Gigatons, Island level

I don't get the math at all but Island level is pretty cool. I'm wondering where you got the size for Metru Nui there from? Just from scaling up the official size to a more accurate size with the scaling?

6-C would apply to Icarax and Teridax and co.

I keep getting asked to do things and on the off chance I go in and look at the thing to try to do it I find that someone else has always already done it.

So TL;DR I've decided DMUA is cancelled, have a nice day folks.

I read that last line and had a tiny panic attack

Sorry, man! Anyways, the calc's fine, yeah?

I'm going to assume it's fine. Can you make a blog for it?

So, the 7-A character like Teridax, Icarax or the Nova Blasts are going to be upgraded to 6-C? Destroying Metru Nui is 6-C? I thought it was High 7-A but 6-C is pretty cool.

7-A to 6-C, yes. 6-C Teridax will be great! It opens up a whole new area of possibilities, match-wise!

Some characters should probably have "At least 7-A, likely 6-C". I'll judge it on a case by case basis as I do this tomorrow. Before any of that, I just need it to be in a blog pot for proper linking.

So, Metru Nui is bigger than we thoughts or... I didn't read all the posts on that thread i was busy. But if yes, then should we reconsider some calcs such as the Pohatu feat? I don't want to rush people with all of this. However if not, then nevermind.

Bionicle vs Lord Robilar, let's make it happen folks.

Wait a second

Now that I look at the actual context to the feat we're talking about

All it says is that Teridax fighting dudes was going to destroy Metru Nui

Not that a single attack would, or anything like that, just having a clash between them would destroy it

Unless I missed the actual feat entirely by which case heck

That's not the only feat. A Toa's Nova Blast could destroy Metru Nui. Icarax, who was casually fodderized by Teridax, tanked a Nova Blast point-blank.

Pohatu's feat could be more impressive with more accurately scaled things, that's true... Hm.

Should we count Teridax being capable of causing volcanic eruption with his mental powers? I remember the volcan of mata nui island had erupted and could have destroyed the island if not stopped in a old comic. However, i don't remember if it was teridax's doings.

It was Teridax's doing, and it's listed as a feat. Volcanic eruptions are 7-B~7-A.

DMUA, how would the Odina calc on Pohatu's page change if we applied the more accurate sizes?

Okay i suppose the volcanic eruption destroying mata nui island statement is high end 7-A due to the size of the island.

It would've been through lava flow, not immediately

Also destroying scaled up Mata Nui is High 6-B

Promestein said:
It was Teridax's doing, and it's listed as a feat. Volcanic eruptions are 7-B~7-A.

DMUA, how would the Odina calc on Pohatu's page change if we applied the more accurate sizes?
Don't forget the Novu Blast feat of Gali if Karzahni island is bigger.

Destroying Metru Nui is more notable

Yes but karzahni island is bigger than metru nui and gali destroyed it with her nova blast.

Okay so, I ran through the math

The Reddit post never said exactly how, they got the size of the great spirit robot's head, so I used the 1/8 proportion usually found in impossing figures like this and got only 1524 KM, 65 times smaller being 23.446153846153 KM

So ugh

DMUA said:
Okay so, I ran through the math

The Reddit post never said exactly how, they got the size of the great spirit robot's head, so I used the 1/8 proportion usually found in impossing figures like this and got only 1524 KM, 65 times smaller being 23.446153846153 KM

So ugh
Well, they used these images here here here and here

They won't be up to High 6-B, they do that as a swarm and over time.

I'm sorry for the headache, DMUA.

One big issue with that is that they don't actually show the pixels

I could probably do it for myself though, just need to fire up paint

Before DMUA puts himself through intense pain (probably going to happen either way), I think that it could be possible that the islands (Mata Nui included) really are just proportionally very small, and that the stated sizes are accurate.

Promestein said:
(probably going to happen either way)
you know me too well

Anyways...

Concept Art Vitruvian Robot
The great spirit robot's face is about 100 pixels (Note, not the whole head, since the island only covers his face according to that diagram), while the entire lad is 987 pixels tall, discrepancy of 0.10131712259

the great spirit robot is 12192 KM total, making it's face 1235.25835866 KM, and the island equivalent in size. 65 times smaller is 19.0039747487 KM

So ugh

Yeah I think that one reddit boi messed up somewhere

Back