• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

An Actual Notable Bionicle Revision Thread

Promestein

Resurrection Lily
She/Her
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
Antidermis Regeneration

In Legends of Metru Nui, Teridax pulls out this feat.
High above the Coliseum, Makuta now reigned supreme. His frail Turaga form had been replaced by a swirling vortex of dark energy. The energy pylons continued to pour bolts of lightning into his new shape, feeding him the power he craved. Makuta's red eyes gleamed in the center of the shadow.

Nivawk circled the vortex, careful not to come too close. His caution was wasted, as a black tendril of pure energy reached out and dragged him into the swirling mass of darkness.
Nidhiki and Krekka shook their heads, trying to recover from the impact of hitting the road. Krekka had no idea how they had wound up there. The last thing he remembered, he had been fighting the green Toa and winning.

Neither one noticed the coils of dark energy approaching. Then the shadow was around them both, dragging them back into the Coliseum to an unknown fate.
Nidhiki and Krekka had no idea what was happening. They had served Turaga Dume faithfully, hadn't they? Even when it turned out it was not Dume at all, they had obeyed his orders without question. Why, then, were they now being drawn into the heart of a vortex of darkness?

"It is time you two made good on your promise, my captains," Makuta said as the two vanished into the pulsating shadow. "For this is your eternal duty."
The Toa stared in wonder, in awe, in fear. This was unmistakably Makuta, but not Makuta as they had ever known him. This was a colossus in dark, infected armor, with the mighty wings of Nivawk, radiating the power of shadow. Worse, the Toa Metru could see that the tools of Nidhiki and Krekka were a part of his new form as well.
Teridax abandons his old body and assumes his true form of Antidermis, which is pure energy. He then absorbs Nivawk, Nidhiki, and Krekka, and uses them (along with the remains of his old body) to create a new body.

This is debatably a High regen feat, albeit only possible through absorption; even if his body is completely destroyed, Antidermis Teridax can absorb an enemy to create a new body when only his own energy remains. If not High, it's still a regen through absorption feat, which we treat as valid; in which case, what level of Regeneration is it?

Universal Toa Mind Resistance / Putting a number on Bionicle mindhax

Mindhax in Bionicle is primarily used by the Makuta through their Kraata powers. There are 6 different stages of Kraata power and Makuta have access to them at their highest stages. This is relevant, because of Stage 5 Kraata mindhax; it's powerful enough to affect entire villages at once. Now, these are villages on Mata Nui; Mata Nui's population of Matorans is in the thousands, divided across 6 villages. This makes a Stage 5 Kraata have mindhax at about at least 300 apiece.

1640312440406.png1640312493342.png

Stage 5 Kraata can't affect Toa, however. But Stage 6 Kraata can, and every Rahkshi and Makuta's powers is at the level of a stage 6 Kraata. This means that all Toa have some base level of mindhax resistance, while Makuta and Rahkshi have mindhax even stronger than this. Takadox can also control Toa; in turn, Teridax resists his hypnosis, and the Order of Mata Nui members resists both. It's worth noting that Takadox can also hypnotize his armies into absolute obedience (the full Barraki force likely being somewhat comparable to the full Brotherhood of Makuta force, which was tens of thousands strong), and that Orde, a Toa of Psionics, was able to affect the minds of the entire Zyglak race; hundreds is a bit of a lowball here, we're probably talking thousands here.

I'd prefer to have a non-wiki source, but the original source was a flash file and it is no longer operable.

A number of Kraata powers besides these are only able to affect Toa at stage 6, so they should get other resistances too. Namely Empathic Manipulation, Fear Manipulation, Poison Manipulation, and whatever it'd be to resist supernatural deafening (Sense Manipulation I guess), and maybe Statistics Reduction and Energy Drain.

EDIT:
Teridax also controls hundreds of Rahkshi against Voporak in Time Trap, and when the Barraki's legions ambush Teridax in Downfall, he's outnumbered 100,000 to one; assuming they each have an even portion that's like 16,666 things under Takadox's control. However, they're not all intelligent animals.

Destruction of the Cord / Voya Nui's Journey

Voya Nui is connected to Mahri Nui by a long, winding stone passageway called the Cord. When it's destroyed (by the attacks of six Toa at once), Voya Nui floats out into the ocean and reunites with the Southern Continent, so the Cord anchors it down. Remember that the Matoran Universe, pictured here, is a bipedal robot; Voya Nui was positioned above the Southern Continent after the cataclysm, and after the destruction of the Cord, it drifts back down to the Southern Continent.
View attachment 189View attachment 190

Said Cord is constricted earlier on by a massive, 300-foot long eel, so I guess that's the only reference for size we have? Even though the Cord's obviously way longer. I found a visual, too.
View attachment 191View attachment 192View attachment 193
And a picture of Voya Nui with the Cord. And Mahri Nui.
View attachment 194

The question here is how this would scale to the Toa; do they scale to the destruction of the Cord itself, or do they in some way scale to Voya Nui's entire little journey here, given that the Cord was what was holding it back?

Makuta Illusions

"How... one dimensional of you," Teridax replied.

Before the horrified eyes of the party, Miserix’s body began to change. It wavered, grew blurry, the colors seeming to run into each other. There was an explosive release of energy, blinding in its intensity. When the heroes could see again, a picture of Miserix existed on the wall of the chamber, but he himself was gone. Or was he?

"He makes a very unique decoration, does he not?" said Teridax.
Well, that was not strictly true, he supposed… Miserix was still alive, though that former leader of the Makuta did not know it. As far as Teridax’s old enemy knew, he had been changed into a two-dimensional drawing on a wall, and that was how everyone else saw him too. In the old days, it would have taken a considerable amount of energy to maintain such a successful illusion, especially for another Makuta. But with his powers amplified by his new form, it was practically effortless.
While in the GSR, Teridax has this illusion feat of convincing Miserix he's just a two-dimensional picture on a wall, which also apparently just convinces Miserix he's dead. He's able to do this easily due to the power granted to him by the GSR, but his own narration explicitly states he could've done this beforehand, just that it'd be difficult and costly, and even harder to use it on another Makuta.

Which implies both a general Resistance to Illusions for Makuta, as well as a buff to base Teridax's illusions.

Last edited:
Oh, and another feat! Teridax controls hundreds of Rahkshi against Voporak in Time Trap.

And when the Barraki's legions ambush Teridax in Downfall, he's outnumbered 100,000 to one; assuming they each have an even portion that's like 16,666 things under Takadox's control. However, they're not all intelligent animals.

Last edited:
Oh, and hey, an AP feat I just found!

Voya Nui is connected to Mahri Nui by a long, winding stone passageway called the Cord. When it's destroyed (by the attacks of six Toa at once), Voya Nui floats out into the ocean and reunites with the Southern Continent, so the Cord anchors it down. Remember that the Matoran Universe, pictured here, is a bipedal robot; Voya Nui was positioned above the Southern Continent after the cataclysm, and after the destruction of the Cord, it drifts back down to the Southern Continent.
1640329177362.png1640329191397.png

Said Cord is constricted earlier on by a massive, 300-foot long eel, so I guess that's the only reference for size we have? Even though the Cord's obviously way longer. I found a visual, too.
1640331332196.png1640331346311.png1640331352183.png
1640331393030.png

Last edited:

View attachment 194
This is interesting

Mind Manipulation Potency no longer uses numbers, it's now the same as all other types of Hax, Potency and resistance wise.

I don't think that is Regeneration but a Type of Immortality. Seems like a weird version of Type 6.

I’d label the regeneration as Limited High as it relies on other people but he still regenerates from energy so

Mind Manipulation resistance seems fine to me

AP I’d probably just get calced so

Pretty sure numbers would still factor into that.

Yeah, that's the idea. Trying to collect as much useable information on it to get it calced.

Should I kidnap peons to assist in the revision, my friend?

View attachment 194
So if I grasp this right, it's that crescent-shaped island, & it gets pulled at an accelerating speed -Going by the text, in an arc-shaped trajectory through water- & the reference for the "cord's size" -The Cord itself being a "long, winding stone passageway"- that was anchored by a 300 foot eel?

IDK if we need The Cord's &/or the eel's mass, if such is just, figuratively speaking, the "rope" the island is being pulled by, but what about the mass of the island? Do we know if it's based on or analogous to any real world locations?

"It never slowed - in fact, if anything, it was getting faster- or wavered in its course. It was already halfway across the pit & would be gone from view in seconds."

If we don't already have a means with which to do so, the fact that that it would be gone from view may be able to give us a minimum distance it moved, especially given that this part has a timeframe to go with it.
Is it reasonable to assume the Toa Mahri have human-like range of vision? If so, we can use that to determine how far the island would have to go to be "gone from view" in seconds.

I should note that I know pretty much nothing about Bionicle besides them being a merchandise-driven franchise about modular-pieces-bodied alien warriors or something, that are of course, based on the The Real World toys.
(Also, the text "About midway to the bottom, the island slowly changed direction, curving in a graceful arc towards the south", I have no idea what'smeant by "midway to the bottom" here, & if I wasn't already out of my depth here, then I certainly am if the trajectory of the moving object is an arc. Plus, possible issues of water physics & such.)

The feat is more the destruction of the Cord, which kept the island pinned down; the only thing that would scale to Voya Nui's impact for sure is the GSR, which is already Tier 5.

The Toa have human-esque vision as far as I know and remember. We don't know the island's size for sure, but there's the map of the entire Matoran Universe and we know the sizes of other islands. Metru Nui, for example, is 65.2 km long and 32.88 km.

The feat is more the destruction of the Cord, which kept the island pinned down; the only thing that would scale to Voya Nui's impact for sure is the GSR, which is already Tier 5.
....Pardon??
....The feat is the destruction of a likely largely hollow (Being that it's a passageway?) rocky passage small enough that an eel only 300 feet long can coil around the majority of it???
Or did the eel just constrict a small part of it?

Also, I'm sorry, but I have no idea what (a/the )GSR is.
The Toa have human-esque vision as far as I know and remember. We don't know the island's size for sure, but there's the map of the entire Matoran Universe and we know the sizes of other islands. Metru Nui, for example, is 65.2 km long and 32.88 km.
This is good to know.

This image depicts Mahri Nui, submerged, with the cord attached, correct?
& this image depicts Mahri Nui, not submerged, & also without the cord attached, correct?

Is there any imagery that shows both the eel & the cord (Assuming using the eel to get the size of the cord to get the size of the island wouldn't be considered calculation stacking.), or shows Mahri Nui with a point of comparison, such as the eel, another island, or maybe even one of the other islands?

& given your lack of response on this matter, I assume it is known that there is no known real world basis for Mahri Nui, through which we could estimate its size &/or mass?

The Cord anchors Voya Nui nad is destroyed by the Toa. The eel constricts some part of it, but the size it constricts is certainly rather small, as the Cord connects Voya Nui and Mahri Nui.

GSR is the Great Spirit Robot, the entity in which all of this is occurring.

The first image is Mahri Nui with the Cord leading up. The second image is Voya Nui, with the Cord connected. These are the things that are connected by the Cord. We can compare Voya Nui's size to Metru Nui's; we have the Matoran Universe map for reference, but not all the sizes there are perfect apparently. There's no images of the eel.

The Cord anchors Voya Nui nad is destroyed by the Toa. The eel constricts some part of it, but the size it constricts is certainly rather small, as the Cord connects Voya Nui and Mahri Nui.

GSR is the Great Spirit Robot, the entity in which all of this is occurring.

The first image is Mahri Nui with the Cord leading up. The second image is Voya Nui, with the Cord connected. These are the things that are connected by the Cord. We can compare Voya Nui's size to Metru Nui's; we have the Matoran Universe map for reference, but not all the sizes there are perfect apparently. There's no images of the eel.
Oh okay. So we just need to compare Voya Nui's size to Metro Nui's, but we need Mahri Nui's size?

Or just need the cord's size?

I guess we'd need Voya Nui's size for its KE from all these movements, though I dunno if it's reasonable to say the Cord was holding it back and thus scales? I mean, it makes sense, but

Bump.

Another thing to take into account, which I will add to the OP.
"How... one dimensional of you," Teridax replied.

Before the horrified eyes of the party, Miserix’s body began to change. It wavered, grew blurry, the colors seeming to run into each other. There was an explosive release of energy, blinding in its intensity. When the heroes could see again, a picture of Miserix existed on the wall of the chamber, but he himself was gone. Or was he?

"He makes a very unique decoration, does he not?" said Teridax.
Well, that was not strictly true, he supposed… Miserix was still alive, though that former leader of the Makuta did not know it. As far as Teridax’s old enemy knew, he had been changed into a two-dimensional drawing on a wall, and that was how everyone else saw him too. In the old days, it would have taken a considerable amount of energy to maintain such a successful illusion, especially for another Makuta. But with his powers amplified by his new form, it was practically effortless.
While in the GSR, Teridax has this illusion feat of convincing Miserix he's just a two-dimensional picture on a wall, which also apparently just convinces Miserix he's dead. He's able to do this easily due to the power granted to him by the GSR, but his own narration explicitly states he could've done this beforehand, just that it'd be difficult and costly, and even harder to use it on another Makuta.

Which implies both a general Resistance to Illusions for Makuta, as well as a buff to base Teridax's illusions.

And another thing.

Makuta can regenerate their Antidermis, though it's not like they can completely regenerate it; they'll die if it's dispersed enough. Also, given the nature of Antidermis I feel like Mid-High might be better than High.

Looks good but didn't we throw away number scaling for things like Mind and soul hax? Iirc we now go by layers of resistance, so I'm not sure if mentioning the amount controlled is meaningful for the profile.

Well, alright.

I carried out what was agreed upon and possible.

There's still the Antidermis regen feat to discuss and the Cord feat but I doubt that'll be calced or that anyone will give more input on the former.

This seems fine to apply to me as well, if it has not been handled already.

You should ask for help via our official calculation evaluation requests thread:

Back