• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
...oh

So, is this ever shown or..? What's the specific statement? Tbh I have several problems with the Beasthead resistances, as I don't like just listing a myriad of things a person has and just saying stuff about it, but it's probably because I don't know the specifics and because I hate Dante

The real cal howard said:
...oh
So, is this ever shown or..? What's the specific statement? Tbh I have several problems with the Beasthead resistances, as I don't like just listing a myriad of things a person has and just saying stuff about it, but it's probably because I don't know the specifics and because I hate Dante
The resistances were wrong and changed to only what Dante really resisted and what scales to other demons, it's the assimilation (demon were stated as resistant to it) which include Petrification, Transmutation, Corruption, and Reality Warping, and not BFR, Space Time Manipulation and Precognition (which every demon had resistance before the revisions)

Chen, when he had the Beastheads, he was using Precognition, but couldn't precog Dante when he got serious and got a one shot, only him have Resistance to Precognition in the verse

>I don't like just listing a myriad of things a person has and just saying stuff about it

Remembers the ammount of bs Bill had just because someone said something about it on reddit.He still has some of it tho

I think hax really seals the deal here. Low-Godly might make it tricky, but Dante would surely be willing to use sealing if he realised that AP and his other abilities weren't working. On top of that, judging by what has been said in the thread thus far it seems like Dante resists most of Bill's best hax and is even less likely to use them than Dante.

Without much indication of a major AP advantage one way or the other, my vote goes to Dante.

Paul Frank said:
Dante doesn't seal in character though
Not often, notably, but it needs to be addressed why.

He can only seal when he has the Sparda Sword. The only times in the whole series where he has had them have been at the end of DMC1 (where he did use sealing) and part way through DMC5. In between getting the Sparda Sword in DMC5 and getting his SDT, he was powerful enough that he had no reason to use his sealing against any of the regular enemies, and he doesn't face off against Urizen again until he's gotten his SDT and has become so powerful that he could stomp Post-Fruit Urizen.

Basically, what I'm saying is that not only has he never been able to use sealing for the vast majority of the franchise, but he's had no reason to use it past the Mundus fight in DMC1. I'm almost positive he'd be willing to use it if he had no other way of defeating his opponent.

@dark

If he had the ability to seal part way through 5 but didn't because he literally was just physically stronger that means we can't say he seals in character

Bill's usual go-to move besides transmutation is sleep inducement (before transmutating the cast into banners and before trapping Mabel), which I'm pretty sure Dante has no reistance to. So Bill puts Dante into sleep and tries to transmutate him. It doesn't work, so Bill gets mad and atomaizes Dante.

Via a giant laser. It's demonstarted when Bill kills the Time Baby.

Also, I wasn't arguing transmutation for Bill's victory. Rather that Bill would see he can't do it and get pissed. And when Bill's mad he usually tends to go with atomizing his opponents.

I've read the Dante profile over and over again, just so you know. The guy dosn't have any resistances to sleep inducement. It's also literally stated to be durability negation on Bill's profile.

Excerpt from Bill's profile: Durability Negation (Via Disintegration and many other powers).

It's on his first key between Inter-Universal Travel and Technology Manipulation.

Bill also has Matter Manipulation which Dante doesn't have any resiustances to.

The Beam is none of those though.

It is a beam, not disintegration, not sleep

Fully read what I am saying here,

Dante has sealing which Bill does not resist, do you see how lazy that logic is?

And Bill has more ways of beating Dante than Dante has of beating Bill. Dante only6 has sealing, while Bill has multiple abilities that Dante doen't resist.

Bill is like the last person to make the In character argument with since Bill doesn't use 99% of his powers.

Sigh...

This argument again

No, Bill always uses hax powers. Only exceptions are the Time Baby, who he planned a while ago to do exactly that to him, and the heaviest PIS since Arceus got murked by a meteor.

Seriously, I dare anyone who's ever seen the show to show me a single instance out of the times I said that Bill doesn't use his hax. I'll wait.

Back