• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bill Speed and Intelligence Explanation Edit?

SomebodyData

El SiD
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Retired
Speed:

-Current Reasoning: "Likely Immeasurable (Bill can be wherever he pleases and is not bound by basic time)"

-Definition of Immeasurable in this wiki: "
Immeasurable (Higher-dimensional entities beyond linear time and 3-D distance, and its' concepts of speed. However, take note that higher order dimensional nature does not automatically guarantee this. The speed statistic should be listed as "Immeasurable" only if a character has 2 or more temporal dimensions.)"

-"Bill can be wherever he pleases" However, this is not the case as shown by the fact that he is trapped in Gravity Falls (A 3-D place), which contradicts being beyond 3-D distance.

-"Not bound by basic time" this from killing the time baby or from his statement
"time is dead and meaning has no meaning", doesn't seem to mention the fact that apparently the time baby apparently will regenerate after a set amount of time, sounds kinda like time is not dead?

Intelligence:

-Currently:"Nigh-Omniscient (is said to know "lots of things", such as the truth of many well known conspiracies as well as future events, like the destruction of Gideon-bot and that Gideon Gleeful would go to prison. Bill is also able to look through the eye of anything that is made in his image, allowing him to know everything that occurs even when he isn't around.)" -Honestly ALL of his knowledge can be explained by his Eye of Anything, not to mention nothing even remotely says he has Nigh-Omniscience. I would just put it as "Incredibly high (is said to know "lots of things", his Eye of Anything grants him an incredible amount of knowledge and has A LOT of spells)

I think better reasoning may be required but hey that's me.

Being temporarily trapped somewhere doesn't disqualify you for Immeasurable speed, especially since he's trapped by a barrier we don't know the nature of.

For speed: Bill is a being who exists beyond our universe. He is not bound by basic time. Gravity Falls' natural law of weirdness magnetism keeps him from leaving after acquiring a physical body. This does not disqualify him from immeasurable speed.

For intelligence: Bill's knowledge goes beyond "incredibly high", which is the problem. He already knew what would eventually result from his contract with Ford and events from other realities. Most of the stuff he doesn't know is knowledge only a select few individuals possess, or momentary lack of thinking due to his own hubris.

However, yes, both of these could be reworded.

The thing i will say about his intelligence was i got that from the Gravity Falls wiki. But i guess it could reworded since he....kind of didn't know that Stan and Ford switched places even though he himself told Mabel and Dipper that he "knows everything".

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Likely has more than one, since he already embodies one and thus probably moves through another.
Can I ask where you got this info? Having one temporal dimension doesn't increase the likelyhood of having two as far as I know

CrossverseCrisis said:
The thing i will say about his intelligence was i got that from the Gravity Falls wiki. But i guess it could reworded since he....kind of didn't know that Stan and Ford switched places even though he himself told Mabel and Dipper that he "knows everything".
To be fair, the finale did spend a good 30 or so minutes smacking Bill in the nonexistent genitals with the PIS stick.

SomebodyData said:
Can I ask where you got this info? Having one temporal dimension doesn't increase the likelyhood of having two as far as I know
Embodying one, not just having one. Humans have no temporal dimensions, but we can still move through time. The universe contains a single temporal dimension (all of time), and so does Bill.

CrossverseCrisis said:
To be fair, the finale did spend a good 30 or so minutes smacking Bill in the nonexistent genitals with the PIS stick.
Oh yeah, true. :p

Personally, I loved seeing Bill trying to go all MudaMudaMuda on the shack... and failing.

But yeah, Bill got in one episode all the PIS that Arceus has.

To be fair he also called himself omnipotent (i believe)at one point, so his word is not likely to be trusted.

SomebodyData said:
To be fair he also called himself omnipotent (i believe)at one point, so his word is not likely to be trusted.
Did he? I just remember him calling himself all-powerful in the context of the third dimension, which was technically true.

SomebodyData said:
To be fair, they used the word omnipotent when they should've used omniscient, and that was for a nudie joke.

You know since we're kind of talking about Bill atm, was it ever implied that Bill had transcended from 2-D to straight to 4-D? I don't doubt Bill's powers but it's kind of weird (heh, get it? Weird, like Gravity Falls weird? No. I'll shut up now) that he'd go from 2-D, skip 3-D, and land on 4-D...

For speed: Bill is a being who exists beyond our universe. He is not bound by basic time. Gravity Falls' natural law of weirdness magnetism keeps him from leaving after acquiring a physical body. This does not disqualify him from immeasurable speed.
For intelligence: Bill's knowledge goes beyond "incredibly high", which is the problem. He already knew what would eventually result from his contract with Ford and events from other realities. Most of the stuff he doesn't know is knowledge only a select few individuals possess, or momentary lack of thinking due to his own hubris.

However, yes, both of these could be reworded.
I disagree with the knowledge part as nigh-omniscience would still be extraoridnarly higher than what hes potrayed, maybe something like Supernaturally High or Godly High (To show how much higher he is)

CrossverseCrisis said:
You know since we're kind of talking about Bill atm, was it ever implied that Bill had transcended from 2-D to straight to 4-D? I don't doubt Bill's powers but it's kind of weird (heh, get it? Weird, like Gravity Falls weird? No. I'll shut up now) that he'd go from 2-D, skip 3-D, and land on 4-D...
It was weird. He seemed to have skipped the third dimension and went straight to the fourth, but because of this, his power was still limited to his realm. Really, it was just more PIS than anything, considering 3-D Bill was still fully capable of one-shotting Time Baby, who governed space-time on a multiversal level.

CrossverseCrisis said:
He has 3 sides and skipped 3-D... he c**kblocked us from making Illumanti and Dorito jokes with tat ;_;

SomebodyData said:
I disagree with the knowledge part as nigh-omniscience would still be extraoridnarly higher than what hes potrayed, maybe something like Supernaturally High or Godly High (To show how much higher he is)
The main problem is that those terms are, to my knowledge, almost never used, and Nigh-Omniscience is usually just used for characters who know ALMOST everything/know more things than they don't know. Trying to judge exact levels of intelligence below that is incredibly difficult.

The main problem is that those terms are, to my knowledge, almost never used, and Nigh-Omniscience is usually just used for characters who know ALMOST everything/know more things than they don't know. Trying to judge exact levels of intelligence below that is incredibly difficult.
Yes I see that, but saying hes Nigh-Omniscient sounds... not honest? His intelligence is obviously extremely high but nigh omniscience sounds something that needs to be stated or for nigh-omniprescent/omniprescent characters

SomebodyData said:
Yes I see that, but saying hes Nigh-Omniscient sounds... not honest? His intelligence is obviously extremely high but nigh omniscience sounds something that needs to be stated or for nigh-omniprescent/omniprescent characters
Again, that's the problem. He knows pretty much everything about the mortal universe. He knows pretty much everything about most other universes. There are few things he doesn't know the answer to. Within the context of the verse, this is pretty much nigh-omniscience. This does not mean that he knows everything about everything or even that he only doesn't know a single thing. It simply means that he's knowledgeable about anything you can (or can't) possibly think of.

Speed: Likely Immeasurable (Already enbodies one temporal dimension, likely has another one and is shown to be beyond basic time. However, exactly the characteritics that were restricting him to Gravity Falls is not completely known, and is unlikely to be to be based on 3-D distance)

Intelligence: You guys are gonna have to make something for this because I still am not rather sure... (Has no idea what Stan's secret code is and has to go digging for it. He also doesn't know what's in the Journals or where to find one of them. Keep in mind, the Journals were written by a guy who was just observing the town.) <--Just another example of him not likely to be having even nigh-omniscience

In his AMA, he said he can see endless realities simultaneously, it is just behind the literal omniscience ..Besides having said to see everything (apparently in the present, but whatever).

Back