• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Biggest DBZ Downplay

We all know how infuriating DBZ Downplayers can be, so I would like to ask you all a question:

What's the biggest downplay you have ever heard? Here are mine:

"If we highball him, Goku is at most planet level, we haven't seen him bust solar systems"

"Animated Superman beats Goku via instant lobotomy"

Ultima Reality said:
People in ComicVine said that Zeno didn't displayed any resistance to Radiation, and therefore, any amount of Radiation can kill him
...No comment.

"Who cares if the ki blasts can blow up planets! My WOW OC will just dodge them!"

Forgetting of course the sheer speed these ki blasts move at.

For me, the biggest downplay I heard would be Goku mauled by a wolf in Legacy of Goku.

My response was Superman struggling to fly through rings, pick up cars, getting every time he's within 5 feet away from a wall, and being damaged by both airsoft guns and bubbles in Superman 64.

@DarkDragonMedeus

I vaguely recall getting murderstomped by a freaking Eagle in Legacy of Goku...Legacy of Goku 2 was just as bad in that regard, but to be fair, its pretty hard to make good enemy variety in such a blatantly superhuman series.

There's a guy said who cares if cell is faster my character can predict any move he will make and find a way to beat him (he just will find a way to kill him) and or hurt him despite him even knowing cell is superior in durabilty and ap.

Edit The guy he was siding was meruem (hunter x hunter yes hunter x hunter)

DBZ characters are mountain level, and can only destroy the earth by core busting, they aren't ftl, only hypersonic because goku took 6 months to travel a million km.

Also beerus vs goku destroying the universe is an outlier as it has never been replicated and was only done with some weird shockwaves.

I don't have the link at the moment, but it was on Take Five Forums, I was legitimately SUPER bored and decided to be a downplaying guest for a day. I claimed that the art of tons of galaxies in DBS is rushed artwork from artists who did not care for Dragon Ball, and that the Daizenshuus prove the universe is only 4 galaxies. In the same argument about attack potency, I claimed the Daizenshuu entry on the Big Bang Attack was from a non canon source and should not be used. I got some great reactions, and I even managed to convince the people that I was not a troll lol.

DBZ characters are glass cannons, who have planet level no blasts, and wall level durability.

I don't know if this is more DBZ downplay or JLA wank, but I've legitimately heard the argument that since most members of the JLA scale to Superman, any villain a member of the JLA has remotely struggled against can solo DBZ.

Darkanine said:
@DarkDragonMedeus
I vaguely recall getting murderstomped by a freaking Eagle in Legacy of Goku...Legacy of Goku 2 was just as bad in that regard, but to be fair, its pretty hard to make good enemy variety in such a blatantly superhuman series.
Boo's Fury was slightly less stupid in this respect, keyword is slightly

@DarkAnine

I don't think there were any eagles in the first LoG game. Crabs were the weakest enemies capable of dealing damage, but they're super easy at least. And after wolves, dinosaurs were the next enemies up.

But as for LoG 2, that's true regarding hawks and snakes, but at least it's a much easier game than the first one.

Honestly, I dislike DB downplay more than I dislike DB wank. Because it makes someone who despises DB wank like myself look like garbage.

DB characters have been harmed by bullets, glass, and lasers...

If Beerus has universe busting puches why wasnt a normal human like Bulma vaporized when he slapped her?

Someone was saying that DBS ep 12 is a pathetic feat since Cell (who's a mere star buster) was said to have shaken up the entire universe. Therefore Dragon Ball's universe is so weak it only takes star busting power to shake it.

Was quite unique since it was the first time I saw a clearly hyperbolic statement people use for wanking in order to downplay immensely. Also if a universe was somehow "so weak star busting power can shake it" then I'm pretty sure insects would accidently destroy the planet they're on lol.

There was another who said DBS ep 12 can't be counted as a feat since it breaks physics. And then went on to say Superman is stronger since he's millions x FTL, can walk on the sun and held a black hole in his hand (of course those feats totally don't break physics as well...)

Lastly someone claimed the Goku and Beerus clash to destroy the universe in 3 hits was actually meant to be a gradual destruction over a "very slow" period of time.

Also @Weekly isn't your "Hill-Buster" nickname based on a DB downplay lol

WeeklyBattles said:
@Ryu lol Trunks the hill buster with galactic range xD
TFW someone downplays and wanks a person in the same sentence...

The real cal howard said:
Honestly, I dislike DB downplay more than I dislike DB wank. Because it makes someone who despises DB wank like myself look like garbage.
There are stages of wank to downplay

Has not seen DBZ: Goku is omnipotent

How do you function wanker: Zeno can beat EGD

Massive Wanker: Multiversal Goku

Wanker: Multi-Universal Goku

Reasonable: Universal to Universal+ Goku

Acceptable: Multi-Galaxy Goku

Downplayer: MSS+ to Galaxy Goku

Massive Wanker: Planet Level Goku

How do you function downplayer: >Planet Level Goku

Has not seen DBZ: GOKU CAN BE KILLED BY NUKE GUIZE

FanofRPGs said:
I don't have the link at the moment, but it was on Take Five Forums, I was legitimately SUPER bored and decided to be a downplaying guest for a day. I claimed that the art of tons of galaxies in DBS is rushed artwork from artists who did not care for Dragon Ball, and that the Daizenshuus prove the universe is only 4 galaxies. In the same argument about attack potency, I claimed the Daizenshuu entry on the Big Bang Attack was from a non canon source and should not be used. I got some great reactions, and I even managed to convince the people that I was not a troll lol.
So you were that guest! I thought that was tez who normally downplays on that form.

You forgot the two extremes. The "Goku is beyond the concept of omnipotence" (I'm telling you that I have seen that on YouTube before)

and

"Rock level Gokuu!!!1!"

Ovo

Oh yeah and I've also heard Super Saiyan Blue Goku being casual Planet level AP and less than Building level durability lol

The glass canon argument is so dumb, they even go as far as say DBS characters do have Multi-Galaxy level durability, but only against energy blast.

Is it this guy? https://youtu.be/bZWsmGtbtx And I quote something he said (note I had to write some stuff off to not make it too big GOKU IS THE SUPREME ABSTRACT BEING THAT RULES ALL OF FICTION. All fictions fall before the power of Goku. Saint Seiya falls, Marvel falls, DC falls, etc. All fictions, comics, and TV shows copied Goku. Goku is stronger than all omnipotent characters in fiction. "Goku is the strongest in fiction. Goku is super omnipotent and is stronger than TOAA and The Presence. I have proof. Goku can destroy omniverses in his hands and clap people out of existence. Kid Goku can punch planets out of diemensions, has telepathy, can fly, can control time, can control space, faster than light, immortal, has mind control, etc."

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Future thread: What is the minimum amount of mosquitos required to kill Goku?
Mosquitos are equipped with the Zika virus.

Goku is equipped with his shitty durability.

Mosquitos start inside Goku's brain.
This has made me laugh harder than anything in a while.

Bravo.

But if they had Void Manipulation why are they just infecting Goku instead of simply using that to erase him?

And yes I am thinking way, way too much about this...

Speaking of wank, kid Goku stomped Bruce Lee, Bruce Lee killed Chuck Norris in Way of the Dragon. And Chuck Norris farted which is what created the omniverse.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
@Ryu You are doing an excellent job at arguing for a bunch of mosquitos killing Goku.
Well this is a Downplay Thread isn't it? :p

SSMH this thread is full of wankers, don't you all know that current characters are island to moon level at best and MHS in speed ? /s

All you Dragon Ball wankers here are getting on my nerves. The best speed feat we've seen from this franchise in actual combat is around Hypersonic at best. And the best DC feat is only small planet level and that too from the god tiers of the verse. All you DB wankers get the hell out of here with your nonsense.

- Gently places mic down and walks away -

Back