• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Big Zelda Abilities revisions

This was meant to be longer, but then I discovered the amount of abilities Demise and Triforce have, I've got lazy and I've done only these two. Let's start.

Demise
Poor guy has a ton of abilities that aren't currently listed. First thing, he gets weapon mastery (he fights with a sword) and curse manipulation for his curse to Link and Zelda.

Let's read Fi's analysis.

"This eternal being has conquered time itself. It is the source of all monsters." Low 2-C Demise Creation (of monsters)

"According to tales passed down through generations, it appears differently in each epoch and to each person who lays eyes on it." Perception manipulation .

"It is clear that Skyward Strikes cannot be called down to your sword because this place is under the magical influence of Demise. Attacks using Skyward Strike energy will not be possible here." Passive power null in Demise's pocket dimension.

"It is highly probable that the only weapon capable of wounding Demise is the Master Sword itself. No other weapon can affect it.

The probability that a single, standard attack of yours will injure Demise, Master, is exactly 0%." Nigh-invulnerability I guess.

"I can confirm it is possible for Demise to store the electrical energy of a lightning strike in his sword and use it to his advantage. Master, should your sword come into contact with Demise's sword once it has electrified, you will receive a painful shock. It is essential that you time your attacks carefully. Very carefully." Electricity manipulation/power absorption.

He gets The Imprisoned's powers which are these .

He should also get the abilities of Calamity Ganon's (non-sheikah technology) abilities, so: Morality manipulation, Resistance to Existence Erasure (Ancient Arrows don't consign him to oblivion, and his possessed Guardians are one-shot rather than deleted), Time Manipulation (Completely unaffected by Link's timestop), tech manipulation, forcefield creation and Low Godly.

Lastly, Time paradox immunity for existing in the present despite being defeated in the past.

Triforce
No, not the HE statement. Let's do something else.

EE via eradicating The imprisoned .

Resurrection via resurrecting the king and Link's uncle. Made the bully and the ball-kid to become friends (empathic manip/mind manip?). Heals the illness of the bug-catching kid in ALTTP (Disease manip, as it's not resistance as he was already ill?).

Broke Zelda's sleeping spell in AoL (Kiss are overrated) (magic dispel).

Passive transmutation in the Dark World .

Finishing this later.

I agree with everything except for the Ganon thing.

Having a reincarnation of your hatred having powers doesn't mean you have all his power.

Still, that's pretty much saying that Demise doesn't get the abilities of his soul. These abilities all come from Ganons that don't have any kind of magical artifact (ToP, trident of darkness...), so it should reasonably scale.

Ganons being a reincarnation of his hatred doesn't mean that Demise should have his/their powers.

It's like said that you have the power of your future reincarnation.

I don't understand the reasoning for TPI, Demise was killed in the present so Girahim revived him in the past. Unless I'm uderstanding it wrong?

The timeline goes like this:

Hylia seals Demise, The Imprisoned gets back as Demise and is defeated by Link, then we have the fights against the imprisoned in the present. How can The Imprisoned be in the present if he had been sealed away in the MS in the past? Unless I'm forgetting something big about SS. Also, Link sealed away only a bit of his consciousness, while everything else was most likely destroyed.

Creation, Perception Manipulation, Power Nullification, Nigh-Invulnerability, Electricity Manipulation, and all of the Imprisoned abilities (Except for Large Size obviously) and TPI looks fine to me.

I'm not completely sold on giving him all the abilities of weakened Ganon, but I also kinda see where you're coming from with why he should have those abilities so consider me neutral for now about that.

Not sure if eradicating the Imprisoned necessarily means EE, but iirc Fi can sense the presence of someone's soul/consciousness so since she's the one who says it I think EE could be reasonable.

Resurrection, Empathetic Manipulation, and Magic Dispel look good, so does passive Transmutation in the Dark World. I'm pretty sure curing the kid of his illness is just Healing and not Disease Manipulation.

What about his Low 2-C feat? Ovo Btw, he should get weapon mastery and curse manipulation (Ganon's), which I'm quite sure is also something else. It almost seems like Ganon's fated to constantly come back (He even managed to do so after getting killed while being fused with an another being and mindless as well).

100% sure he gets Calamity's abilities, as he's half word away from being explicitly said to be Demise's hatred. Worst case scenario, he's Ganon's hatred which is Demise's, so it doesn't change anything. Weakened and Base scale from not having anything from which they could get power except from being incarnations of Demise (especially weakened).

Yeah, I should have linked the video directly to Fi's statement. Without that, I wouldn't even have considered EE.

Yes, healing is the right one.

Low 2-C is such a low showing for a High 1-A character like Demise ovo I could've sworn Demise already had Weapon Mastery and Curse Manipulation on his profile, but yeah he should have those as well.

I honestly think adding stuff done by Calamity Ganon to Demise is fine, still not too sure about the weakened/base Ganondorf stuff but I'm not against adding those if it's generally agreed upon.

Agree with everything except having Ganons powers, passive power null and nigh invulnerability.

He was still hurt by the MS and wits weaker incarnations, and he stopped skyward strike for only that long then it worked once more.

Everything else seems fine, good job man

@Konaguna

What Link used was a lightning-enhanced skyward strike. The normal one didn't worked, so power null is ok, imo.

Nigh-invulnerability is ok, since Fi herself stated that the only weapon that can hurt Demise is the MS.

Actually, Fi states that the only thing we do is just storing lightning and releasing it, not doing a skyward strike.

I wouldn't give him abilites he has no feats of, It just doesn't sit with me as he hasn't used a single of them tbh.

Power null seems fine then.

Being Demise's hatred doesn't mean Demise have the abilities. Calamity developed his own powers. In fact, I would even argue is the other way around; Calamity having all of Demise's powers.

Lephyr has a point, Giving demise abilites based off abilites his incarnation developed seems sketchy to me, but Him having Demise's abilites seems reasonable

"I wouldn't give him abilites he has no feats of, It just doesn't sit with me as he hasn't used a single of them tbh."

That simply means he doesn't use said abilities in character. This isn't much different than Yhwach and stenritters abilities.

"Being Demise's hatred doesn't mean Demise have the abilities. Calamity developed his own powers."

Being Demise's hatred means that Demise ripped out a piece of himself and that piece became Calamity (figuratively). And how exactly did Calamity developed new powers? Should be noted that something similar to Ganon's malice already existed in SS, in the form of cursed Bokoblins and pool of Malice-like substance (in the ancient cistern iirc).

"In fact, I would even argue is the other way around; Calamity having all of Demise's powers."

That's a big no. Calamity's just a piece of Demise, so he can't have all of his powers.

Fi stating that The Imprisoned was eradicated (Fi can sense souls/consciousness), along with the black mist appearing and then disappearing.

"And how exactly did Calamity developed new powers?"

Via the fact that he is his own being?

See Piccolo Daimao and Piccolo Jr. for quite the similar case.

"That simply means he doesn't use said abilities in character. This isn't much different than Yhwach and stenritters abilities."

Except that Yhwach has a direct statement of this. Demise simply says that he is bound to always fight with the spirit of the hero. Not comparable at all.

Not really, destroying both is not the same as sending someone into oblivion/erase him from existence

As I said before, Calamity is just Demise's hatred. New powers don't come out of nowhere, and this isn't even the case here. His moral manip comes from from spreading malice, which is basically what he's made of. Resistance to both EE and Timestop comes from Malice being invulnerable in Zelda verse. And Low-Godly comes from Calamity pulling malice and create a new body from that. All of this is the same malice that Demise has.

I was speaking about the "he didn't show them, he doesn't get them" part.

Most of these abilities seem reasonable, but I prefer to hear more input.

No, just that it seems EE because we see a black mist (The imprisoned) disappearing while the TF was still active.

Demise's hatred, not even his soul (as that is sealed in the MS). Is just the curse coming true by giving birth to a being that fights the spirit of the hero. Nothing more, nothing less. I still don't agree with Demise having Ganon's powers.

Back