• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Beyonders downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really just boils down to them doing something infinite in a finite amount of time. I welcome other opinions on it, but I'd say that does qualify for Infinite speed.
Wouldn't that just make all characters who can destroy infinite universes(2-A) structures have infinite speed since it would obviously contain infinite amount of being?

To be honest, I personally still don't see it as speed no matter how I think about it and the statement kinda sounded "metaphorical".

Also, shouldn't this also be in the FAQ or speed page about about killing infinite number of beings granting infinite speed?

Wouldn't that just make all characters who can destroy infinite universes(2-A) structures have infinite speed since it would obviously contain infinite amount of being?
Would depend on how they'd do it. If they're going around blasting universes one by one until they're all reduced to a finite number (Or to 0), there is certainly an argument there for that. If they just release a blast that engulfs the multiverse, or do so through Reality Warping, that wouldn't be any speed, no.

To be honest, I personally still don't see it as speed no matter how I think about it and the statement kinda sounded "metaphorical".
Not sure what in there is metaphorical. Although I suppose it doesn't matter too much, given the exchange above.

To summarize, Beyonder is getting downgraded, but who is also getting downgraded, and who is keeping their immeasurable speed from different scaling or feats?

To summarize, Beyonder is getting downgraded, but who is also getting downgraded, and who is keeping their immeasurable speed from different scaling or feats?
Probably just one above all is going to keep his immeasurable speed and i am not 100% sure on pre retcon beyonder. Beings such as eternity has omnipresence so he stays unchanged.

Probably just one above all is going to keep his immeasurable speed and i am not 100% sure on pre retcon beyonder. Beings such as eternity has omnipresence so he stays unchanged.
What's the one above all immeasurable speed again?

It seems like infinite speed has been accepted for the Beyonders and abstract entities then.

However, please stop using the word omniverse instead of multiverse. Just because Al Ewing used the word in an inaccurate context a few times because he thought that it sounded cool does not mean that we should do so as well.

The feat's not good.
  • How they killed an endless number of them can be hyperbolic on how they killed many of them & they kept coming (if it wouldn't be a hyperbole if each universe had Celestials).
  • It has characters of lesser speed seeing this happen.
  • And notably the bg thing, I take "as they battled, what divides one reality from the next began to fade. And like blurred, overlapping vision, I could see the same battle taking place in the multiple realities. In each one, a different Beyonder facing...and destroying...the Celestial host." as them having put 1 Beyonder per universe doing this battle, then in all universes it took them minutes to finish anyway. Later on their gauntlet it was portrayed as "the same fight taking place across all realities at the same time.", confirming that yes, there weren't a "trio of Beyonders", there were "each" "a different Beyonder" "across all realities", and they didn't even finish a the fight & then moved on to another universe, it was all happening "at the same time", with someone being able to see a "blurred, overlapping vision" of those fights (His mind couldn't get all the info, but that doesn't matter with the facts we know).
W/o the feat before, none of this would matter.
Going by Al Ewing's recent stuff, it seems like the Beyonders are outside of time in the omniversal sense but still bound by their own, higher notion of linearity. His run of Defenders (Volume 6) for example has Doctor Strange and a couple other people travel to past omniverses, and it's referred to as being time travel, even though the same comic defines each previous multiverse as predating the time of the multiverse that comes after it (They're each called the "time-before-time" or the "before-time"), and another comic by him has Loki state that the void left in the wake of the Seventh Multiverse's end has no time to travel back in.
This seems like they're acknowledging the nonsense of their actions, not stating that there is this higher notion of linearity. Otherwise terms like "time-before-time" or "time-before" would stick.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the weakness to time the Beyonders have just regular time in way that can be proven anyway?

Which staff members have thought what here so far?

Okay. What is the reasoning for infinite speed to be applied to them?

The feat's not good.
  • How they killed an endless number of them can be hyperbolic on how they killed many of them & they kept coming (if it wouldn't be a hyperbole if each universe had Celestials).
They killed the Celestial host which is the only the indication we get. However the Celestial there were not Endless. The Beyonders killed a majority of them and later Logos slaughtered all but one saved by possibility from Never Queen(Pligrim).

So you are not wrong but the endless is referring to all states of Celestial in that reality. That was the trap that Celestial, Gods, and Cosmic Entity fell for. From that Thin Space the reality collapse leading to the next.
RCO018.jpg

This is why Hank refers to all reality forming when the Living Tribunal came because the nexus formed the remaining realities. The battle only had three Beyonders as mentioned in other stories. It took place in all reality because the fight was against the being that came being formed of those realities. Each battle was taking place at the same time because the Beyonders are linear so each time they kill the Tribunal each reality kept collapsing until those realities collapsed thus the Tribunal fell from the Heavens.

• It has characters of lesser speed seeing this happen.
Yes but that doesn't really contradict anything. Endless is what he perceives but it could be endless. You take your pick.

• And notably the bg thing, I take "as they battled, what divides one reality from the next began to fade. And like blurred, overlapping vision, I could see the same battle taking place in the multiple realities. In each one, a different Beyonder facing...and destroying...the Celestial host." as them having put 1 Beyonder per universe doing this battle, then in all universes it took them minutes to finish anyway. Later on their gauntlet it was portrayed as "the same fight taking place across all realities at the same time.", confirming that yes, there weren't a "trio of Beyonders", there were "each" "a different Beyonder" "across all realities", and they didn't even finish a the fight & then moved on to another universe, it was all happening "at the same time", with someone being able to see a "blurred, overlapping vision" of those fights (His mind couldn't get all the info, but that doesn't matter with the facts we know).
Not really it may say it took place at the same time but it may be due to the fact the Tribunal is all reality. It's more likely each Beyonder defeating the Cosmic entities caused each reality to collapse and since they are linear it must happen all at once. The chain reaction all took place at the same time the Tribunal lost in that reality thus the battle seemed to look like it happened in all reality.
W/o the feat before, none of this would matter.

This seems like they're acknowledging the nonsense of their actions, not stating that there is this higher notion of linearity. Otherwise terms like "time-before-time" or "time-before" would stick.
They were but they are from the 2nd Cosmos which was just a primodrial goup of possibility where narratives were new and forming. They were there since time-before-time.

It seems linearity happened because when they enter the Multiverse they do not match anything of it.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the weakness to time the Beyonders have just regular time in way that can be proven anyway?
Their weakness is that they are sequential to their timeline thus are linear. If anything they could create time and existed before there were things such a linearity, time, space, or timelines.

Last edited:
Sorry, if I am a late to this but...

Beyonders are limited to their own timeline yes

Doesn't mean they are affected by regular time does it? They legit wiped out abstracts that for all intents and purposes straight up stomped abstracts that transcend time. They just can't travel through time since they're linear, it's more of a existence restriction than an effect on their speed IMHO. It's not like you can freeze time and they will be affected nor can any of the guys with immeasurable speed in marvel blitz them

They should be faster than Infinite Speed Quicksilver and Thor's immeasurable speed.
And there is this in TWSA profile:

Outerverse level (Those Who Sit Above In Shadows view Odin and Asgardian gods as mere toys[4] and exist inside The Land of Couldn't-Be Shouldn't-Be[5], where Lifebringer Galactus cannot endure for long.[6] Loki also theorized that Those Who Sit Above in Shadow are likely Beyonders,[5] which is consistent with them mimicking The Beyonder's most famous speech[3])

Speed: Immeasurable (Stated by Odin to exist outside of all realities[3], Loki met them in the Outside,[5] which exists beyond the reach of Multi-Eternity[7])
About him being a Beyonder.

Yes but that doesn't really contradict anything. Endless is what he perceives but it could be endless. You take your pick.
It is a contradiction, you just say that it isn't for no valid reason. I took my pick by saying that it "can be hyperbolic", "can" meaning it's not definitive. When something vague it's presented that can be literal or hyperolic, you can't ask people to take 1 binary pick, if they say they can be both then that's correct, it's a complain for the sake of complaining.
Not really it may say it took place at the same time but it may be due to the fact the Tribunal is all reality. It's more likely each Beyonder defeating the Cosmic entities caused each reality to collapse and since they are linear it must happen all at once. The chain reaction all took place at the same time the Tribunal lost in that reality thus the battle seemed to look like it happened in all reality.
Those are 2 assumptions at once not supported by the comic to justify that going up against a take that simply takes in what the text says. Added on top of that how it's somehow not contradiction for a character of finite reactions to react to a fight of characters at infinite speed and ig Infinite speed becomes legit.
Doesn't mean they are affected by regular time does it? They legit wiped out abstracts that for all intents and purposes straight up stomped abstracts that transcend time.
It doesn't matter if abstracts they defeated transcend time, that's on them.
They should be faster than Infinite Speed Quicksilver and Thor's immeasurable speed.
And there is this in TWSA profile:

About him being a Beyonder.
Existing outside everything is an outdated reasoning for that speed people still use due to disorganization.

Can somebody list what all of the staff members who have commented in this thread think should be done here, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back