• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Best designed characters you can think of

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
This isn't a "best of every tier" thread. This something I wanted to do for the past hour and I'm doing it now before I can forget. It's simply a thread to list the characters who you think are the best designed. This isn't to narrow it down to one person or two people and it isn't restricted by gender. This is just to showcase good designed characters.

However, this is a kind of personal thread. I thought that I needed a little inspiration on the designs of characters of mine, so I wanted to see some good designs to get my creative juices (or at least that of my friend so I can tell him) flowing. Because of that, I have to set some rules, and the rules will be specific, as it's tailored to me.

The character has to be human/humanoid. No animals, no eldritch, no amorphous beings, not even furries (or at least the far end of the spectrum like from MLP or something). I don't care if they have different colored skin or extra appendages, but they have to look human.

They don't have to be studs, but they can't be downright ugly. No Ashe or anything of the sort. We have to be able to see their face as well. Superficial, I know, but it's for my inspiration.

No sprites. Like, no 8 bit sprites from verses like Undertale or Yume Nikki. I'm looking at you, Saik ovo.

Best design doesn't mean most unique design. While I do like uniqueness, someone who's like, three different colors with messed up hair won't fall under a "best design". I want memorable in the good way.

While bishies are okay, along with characters that can be mistaken as the opposite gender are okay, no outright traps are allowed, like Astolfo or Felix, and that includes people like Slaanesh.

This one's less controversial, but clothing/costume matters. Someone with nice hair but boring clothes won't stand out.

Actually, forget what I said earlier. I didn't read the OP carefully enough.

Most of the My Hero Academia characters definitely fall under this. The main reason they aren't just random highschool backround characters and we actually know who they are despite limited screentime is that this unique setting allows characters to have unique designs. Like, you have Android 21's little sister, A little grapeboi, A frog Waifu, and a lot of other unique characters you can look at the appearance of and understand what's up.

Little do you know is that I have nearly 200 non-pixel art pictures for Yume 2kki to pull from. You cannot stop me.

...Except for the fact that I don't think any Yume 2kki humanoid characters have good enough designs. Urotsuki's fine, but not a stand out in that regard.

So obviously instead I'm gonna pull out a MGQ character.

Lacroix1
Lacroix2

I like La Croix. Her cloaked design is really intimidating, badass, and fits her character, given that she is a necromancer and she wears a plague doctor outfit. Her uncloaked form is also pretty good. She is mostly white in design, which both contrasts with her cloak and Chrome, her sister. She also has purple horns and stuff, also chains over her neck. Also a lab coat. Which is cool. Yeee.

I really like Kcalb's design. It can make him look badass but can also make him look adorable.

SoC
Gael
Dark souls also has good designs. I may kinda spam this thread lol.

>Sees 2016 anime

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Alak Hul
Out of all the Destiny designs, Alak Hul is up there for me. I like how his Axe and unique helmet distinguish him. You can get his helmet as a rare drop for titans and it's probably my favorite D1 titan helm since I didn't use an exotic helmet.

From Destiny I also like The Taken. The astral texture combined with their, shall we say, unique motions and abilities drive home the otherness of their new state of being and really fit in with emphasizing the threat that Oryx is with this terrifying new ability. Taken Armor also looks great.
Taken

I like the look of some of the Exotics as well. Off the top of my head there's the Astrocyte Verse which looked great but was terrible, then exotics that looked great and were also busted as **** like The Ram and Ophidian Aspect.

Astrocyte
Astrocyte Verse

The Ram
Ophidians

Elder Scrolls characters come to mind tbh. Dagoth Ur or Paarthurnax for example. Probably less well made than others though

JinMoRiMonkeyKing
Mo-Ri has a simple design that boasts a recognisable colour scheme and really sells you on the fact that he's a deity-esque character with a more rugged look.
Also, you have to commend the style of GoH as the colour palette alone is so bright and vibrant, and each character can be identified by just looking at their colour scheme. Seriously, the level of detail may not be up there with something like Dies Irae, but damn is the art style just bursting with personality.

Back