• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thread hasn't been accepted YET. The wiki's system still considers higher dimensions as a q... they just say QS, both quantitative superiority and qualitative superiority are QS, they could be using the terminology of the newly proposed system for all we know.

Qualitative transcendence is a R > F thing, which is not what I’m arguing here. I’m arguing a quantitative transcendence.
The quantitative superiority in the new system will have the same difference as the current qualitative superiority.

In other words, the only difference is an "uncountable infinite difference" will be quantitative difference in one and a qualitative difference in the other. Nothing fundamentally will change for dimensional layers.

They mention they can perceive more dimensions than humans, Ben asks how many there are, they say 26 that matters. So to answer the link between the three dimensions and 26, its perception, as for what that tells us about the dimensions. Not much, we have no idea how the unknown alien beings perceive things and what the extent of their perception is beyond extending beyond three dimensions
I'd assume your argument is that because the 26-dimensions referenced here are merely of perception, we don't have to assume that there exists a 26-dimensional realm.

Which surely is a weird argument, because what exactly will the humans eventually come to perceive if it's not a 26-dimensional space? Also it is pretty clear that it extends to the Naljians natures too, considering the Naljian explains they were on an excursion to a lower dimension (i.e. their 3-D world) and that the toy fell there.

Edit: Worded that a little badly.

Last edited:
Anyway, discussing what qualitative or quantitative superiority is doesn't bear any contribution for anything so, @Greenshifter s-t. F-u. And about nature, it's as per context will fall in the same nature as 3 dimensions, that is spatial.

The thread hasn't been accepted YET. The wiki's system still considers higher dimensions as a q... they just say QS, both quantitative superiority and qualitative superiority are QS, they could be using the terminology of the newly proposed system for all we know.
His argument was bad so I assumed the worst possible meaning of his abbreviation. Call it precog.

Also quantitative superiority is a term that doesn’t rely on tiering system revisions, 20 apples are quantitatively superior to 10 apples, Ultima didn’t invent this or anything. It’s just useful that people know what I’m talking about now.

The quantitative superiority in the new system will have the same difference as the current qualitative superiority.

In other words, the only difference is an "uncountable infinite difference" will be quantitative difference in one and a qualitative difference in the other. Nothing fundamentally will change for dimensional layers.
Higher dimensions with infinite extent (size/mass/volume) in their respective directions are already considered higher levels of infinity by our standards.

His argument was bad so I assumed the worst possible meaning of his abbreviation. Call it precog.

Also quantitative superiority is a term that doesn’t rely on tiering system revisions, 20 apples are quantitatively superior to 10 apples, Ultima didn’t invent this or anything. It’s just useful that people know what I’m talking about now.
Brother no.

Outside this wiki qualitative superiority means always being superior to all the quantities it covers.(And a Quantitive can never reach Quality)

If you add 10 apples to 10 apples you get 20 apples, in short there is no such thing as a qualitative difference between 20 apples and 10 apples lol

Also what Ultima basically says about higher dimensional/axis planes;

As for the 12-D stuff: You seem to be misunderstanding the issue. I'm not doubting that the 12-dimensional realm is indeed a higher-dimensional space, and whatnot. The point is that being 12-D alone doesn't inherently grant you any higher tier without at least some minimum elaboration on the nature of that 12-D space. You can be a bona fide higher-dimensional realm and your tier can be Unknown if we are given no information about you at all.
Yes, in short, if its nature is unknown or if there is no QS between dimensions, it cannot scale. It just has more axes, that's all.

Outside this wiki qualitative superiority means always being superior to all the quantities it covers.(And a Quantitive can never reach Quality)

If you add 10 apples to 10 apples you get 20 apples, in short there is no such thing as a qualitative difference between 20 apples and 10 apples lol
I said quantitative, not qualitative.
Yes, in short, if its nature is unknown or if there is no QS between dimensions, it cannot scale. It just has more axes, that's all.
Nature is known, it’s infinite

@Everything12 Told you he’d be talking about qualitative, luckily we didn’t take bets 😉

Higher dimensions with infinite extent (size/mass/volume) in their respective directions are already considered higher levels of infinity by our standards.
Infinite size =/= infinite volume. Don't confuse this with each other, lmao flash has a 11 dimensional infinite space , but it is not scaled to H1-C because the nature and volume of the dimensions in this space is unknown. Infinite size does not give you that volume.

Being infinite does not give you the qualitative difference. Or it doesn't give you information about its nature

Anyway, that's all I have to say.
Bruh Yan sens verse and Ben 10 have complete different contexts
Don’t use that
Yes, actually more is known about Yan-Sen's 12-dimensional space because there is a direct spatial reference and its nature is also known. Although we're still waiting for Ultima.

So has someone asked for other staff to come, or do you want to give me a list so I can ping them?

Infinite size =/= infinite volume. Don't confuse this with each other, lmao flash has a 11 dimensional infinite space , but it is not scaled to H1-C because the nature and volume of the dimensions in this space is unknown. Infinite size does not give you that volume
Bruh now you’re using arrowverse as an example
That CRT hasn’t even concluded yet and most staff agree with it anyway

Infinite size =/= infinite volume. Don't confuse this with each other, lmao flash has a 11 dimensional infinite space , but it is not scaled to H1-C because the nature and volume of the dimensions in this space is unknown. Infinite size does not give you that volume.
Literally on the verge of being upgraded for the same reasoning and I’m also in that thread (specifically making staff aware that the SF qualifies for a higher tier nota bene). Nice try lol.

I'd assume your argument is that because the 26-dimensions referenced here are merely of perception, we don't have to assume that there exists a 26-dimensional realm.

Which surely is a weird argument, because what exactly will the humans eventually come to perceive if it's not a 26-dimensional space? Also it is pretty clear that it extends to the Naljians natures too, considering the Naljian explains they were on an excursion to a lower dimension (i.e. their 3-D world) and that the toy fell there.

Edit: Worded that a little badly.
As in, a 26-dimensional space has to exist, because if humans perceive 3-dimensions (which do indeed exist) and will eventually "sort it out" and perceive the 26 that matter.

Brother no.

Also what Ultima basically says about higher dimensional/axis planes;

The argument that a 26-dimensional space is assumed to have an unknown tier without further context is a little misinformed in this context here, because the Najilian is not describing a separate realm, it is saying that humans will eventually come to perceive higher dimensions, and thus, the spacetime continuum (i.e. three dimensions of space that is currently observed and one of time), isn't actually limited to just 3 dimensions of space, but rather at least 26.

The dimensions exist, something just has to perceive them, which the Najilians do, with an unspecified number of them.

The argument that a 26-dimensional space is assumed to have an unknown tier without further context is a little misinformed in this context here, because the Najilian is not describing a separate realm, it is saying that humans will eventually come to perceive higher dimensions, and thus, the spacetime continuum (i.e. three dimensions of space that is currently observed and one of time), isn't actually limited to just 3 dimensions of space, but rather at least 26.

The dimensions exist, something just has to perceive them, which the Najilians do, with an unspecified number of them.
I mean, it could be spatial.

But its spatiality only refers to the axis it has geometrically. Basically it doesn't scale directly.
What matters is the nature of the dimension, its volume and/or the QS between dimensions. Anyway, let's see what happens

Bro now this is just straight cap
Please recheck that thread before saying stuff like this
Btw brother, sorry but CRT is on the verge of being officially rejected by most admins

975862908699422751.webp

I mean, it could be spatial.

But its spatiality only refers to the axis it has geometrically. Basically it doesn't scale directly.
What matters is the nature of the dimension, its volume and/or the QS between dimensions. Anyway, let's see what happens
Why do should we assume that a dimension (meaning: a measurement of something in a particular direction, especially its height, length, or width) used in this context is any different, that would be on your end to prove, brother.

I forgot to discuss something. We currently accept the 3-D space that Humans live in as infinitely sized (hence, Alien Xs infinite speed rating), so perceiving that infinitely sized space in 26-dimensions is, indeed, 1-B. So it isn't really that ambiguous

Needless to say, I agree with the thread.

Why do should we assume that a dimension (meaning: a measurement of something in a particular direction, especially its height, length, or width) used in this context is any different, that would be on your end to prove, brother.

I forgot to discuss something. We currently accept the 3-D space that Humans live in as infinitely sized (hence, Alien Xs infinite speed rating), so perceiving that infinitely sized space in 26-dimensions is, indeed, 1-B. So it isn't really that ambiguous

Needless to say, I agree with the thread.
I'm not going to say anything more, but the only thing I want to say is that this is not something to be assumed as you say.

Man, I’m really dumb, It took me 5 minutes to understand wtf albedo’s statement had to do with the 26D, then I realised it said it extended infinitely in every direction (do dimensions count as direction tho?)
How familiar are you with the three spatial dimensions?

Not all dimensions are directions though, as fiction also typically considers higher planes that are not dimensional axis as higher dimensions, and there are the likes of Calabi-yau manifolds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back