• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Beefcake's Size Revisited: ONE-PUNCH MAN

Now that the One-Punch Man verse is getting some noteworthy upgrades, some of us in the verse community have been looking back at Beefcake's feats with newly skeptical eyes. The debate centers around one issue- Beefcake's size.

Beefcake is stated to be 270 meters tall in the hero encyclopedia and this has been the accepted height so far. The currently accepted calc uses the 270 meter height and the vaporization end, with a 30 megaton result. However, I believe I confirmed what many of us have felt for a long time: Beefcake is normally depicted as being far taller than 270 meters and so the encyclopedia height seems to run counter to what we see in the manga. While Beefcake's height does normally range from 100-200 meters in those shots where he is compared to his brother Fukegou or Saitama, when we see Beefcake compared to the landscape- buildings tens of stories tall rise at most to his knees, more frequently falling below his ankles, he towers over cumulus clouds and mountains. Generally speaking he seems to be over 1000 meters. Consider the following list of landscape depictions:

Depiction 1, towering over mountains: 7133 meters
Depiction 2, towering over mountains again as he moves past hunters: 1200 meters~, mountains around waist height
Depiction 3, streaming towards city and towering over clouds: 2000-3000 meters
Depiction 4, wading through buildings with a 10-20 story building up to his knees: 500-600 meters
Depiction 5, swiping away city with fist larger than multiple story buildings: 900-1000 meters
Depiction 6, aftermath of city swipe towering over buildings: 233 meters
Depiction 7, taller than mountains when Saitama and his brother are on the shoulders: 1200 meters~ again
Depiction 8, standing over crater: 1013 meters
Depiction 9, crater shot 2, buildings not quite up to his ankles: 1000 meters
Depiction 10, Saitama flies towards him: while a 7 story building is around his ankles: 500-600 meters
Depiction 11, Beefcake falls on the city, dwarfing taller buildings by his calves: 1000 meter~

Rounding out the estimates, the mean height for these 11 depictions is 1584 meters. Adding three more close perspective shots (those shots where Beefcake must be small enough for Saitama and Fukegou to be visible), we get an average of 1339 meters.

I propose that Beefcake's feats be recalced with a new height, either the height shown in the feat panel or the average height between all panels. While encyclopedias and guidebooks are important, I recommend that we generally prefer the feats as they are depicted in the medium over such statements.

Done. Anyways, I think Beefcake's feats should be recalced based on the height shown in the panel, or the average if we can't agree on that. A revised crater calc or Beefcake falling on the city would probably give the best results

If his height is so inconsistent, wouldn't it be better not to make calculations with it, or stick with what we're given? Murata isn't exactly a stranger to increasing character size for the sake of dramatic effect.

Murata isn't exactly a stranger to increasing character size for the sake of dramatic effect.
In a panel or two, sure, but what about 11 out of 14? Beefcake's shown to be more on the mountain/cloud scale of things (1000m+) rather than half the size of the empire state building, I don't think Murata or ONE had 270 meters on the mind when they published the chapter. I would generally prefer the shown height to a stated one

I can believe that, but it's still too inconsistent to scale a significant part of the verse to if you ask me.

If his height is so inconsistent, wouldn't it be better not to make calculations with it, or stick with what we're given? Murata isn't exactly a stranger to increasing character size for the sake of dramatic effect.
I agree with this. Like, even in the OP it is claimed that
While Beefcake's height does normally range from 100-200 meters in those shots where he is compared to his brother Fukegou or Saitama
I don't know why we should neglect the showings that are according to the stated height, which is a statistic, not a claim about some hero that is likely to be exaggerated, and go with the other showings that depict his height to be too great than what is stated. You'd expect the researchers in the verse to know the difference between a 300m and a 1000m monster, so if he was truly that tall, the books would have reflected that. And you'd also expect the mangaka to be inconsistent with his drawings at times for the sake of exaggeration.

Look at Oozaru Goku for example. In an earlier shot of the Pilaf saga he was so big that he could have flattened a large castle with a body slam, and in later showings from 21st Budokai he was so small that he wasn't able to fully destroy the roof of a small building.

I honestly think all size stuff in OPM should be taken with a pinch of salt, Murata's artstyle is so expressive that it likely never fully reflects reality in an action scene.

i agree with the 1.4 km height, but is the anime completely dimmised here? i remember his city block stomp giving him 2.7 km

I would go with 1013 because it is the height that we see when he does the crater feat.
I wouldn't have problems with him being only 270, since neither of them affect other characters, Beefcake doesn't scale to anyone.

Eh I still have my reservations about that.

Just calc his size in the scene in which the feat happens. His size is ****** so it's best to just use how big he's seen to be in the panels where he does the feats themselves.

I'm still not a fan of going against official measures when it's so inconsistent tbh

Well the official size is just too small for a lot of his showings, so why not we dimiss every single one of them and simply use the one in the feat since it is technically the one that matters?

Speaking of the feat, wasn't there a thread about it being unusable since he did that crater with endless punches and you can't vaporize stuff by punching or something?

I know, I'm simply not a fan of using size calcs when this is the case. Still I don't care enough to oppose it ig

Yeah I don't really mind too much then though I'm still opposed to it overall, I won't really bother arguing it.

I agree with the new height. But if we use pulverization and the latest HEO calc gets accepted, the crater feat wouldn't even be relevant, because Beefcake would just scale above demons.

Beefcake is a canonical dragon, right?
He was designated as a Dragon but ONE said that his disaster level would increase if Saitama didn't come along in an interview, so we can say he's a dragon with certainty even though it was never officially stated

"His disaster level would increase"... weird. Was Beefcake growing bigger over time and I just missed it, or is it just that he hadn't done anything yet?

"His disaster level would increase"... weird. Was Beefcake growing bigger over time and I just missed it, or is it just that he hadn't done anything yet?
That was the translation I read, it means that his disaster would be raised above demon to.... dragon if the Hero Association had more time to process his strength. Demon was a miscalculation and should have never been applied to him basically

Last edited:
Why, instead of using its size, do we not use the building next to it to measure the crater? So we don't need to change his height, as it is very inconsistent.

I agree with this. Like, even in the OP it is claimed that

I don't know why we should neglect the showings that are according to the stated height, which is a statistic, not a claim about some hero that is likely to be exaggerated, and go with the other showings that depict his height to be too great than what is stated. You'd expect the researchers in the verse to know the difference between a 300m and a 1000m monster, so if he was truly that tall, the books would have reflected that. And you'd also expect the mangaka to be inconsistent with his drawings at times for the sake of exaggeration.

Look at Oozaru Goku for example. In an earlier shot of the Pilaf saga he was so big that he could have flattened a large castle with a body slam, and in later showings from 21st Budokai he was so small that he wasn't able to fully destroy the roof of a small building.
SSJ Multipliers: I didn't know I came here to be disrespected.

The official measures put him at a 4th of how he's portrayed at minimum
I mean the OP says:
While Beefcake's height does normally range from 100-200 meters in those shots where he is compared to his brother Fukegou or Saitama
So his minimum portrayal actually coincides with his stated size.

I don't follow the logic of going by the size portrayed in one of his feats. His feat is AP, his size is size. Size is not related to AP. Ap can still be whatever is shown irrespective of what we accept his size as.

I'm not gonna say that this is hypocritical because SSJ Multipliers don't count despite coming from a official guide and matching one of the calcs, and all other evidence against it is sus no matter how you look at it. But what I will say is this is hypocritical because SSJ Multipliers don't count despite coming from a official guide and matching one of the calcs, and all other evidence against it is sus no matter how you look at it.

Last edited:
Back