• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Beefcake destroys a city block

It's no dumber than your argument which is literally just that you want a higher result. I mean what even is your argument? "Both feats are canon so just use the higher one." I can just as easily reverse that and go "Both feats are canon so just use the lower one." and it'd be as reasonable as what you're saying.

You're saying since the High 6-C feat is also canon, that we can ignore the 6-C one? On what grounds? In that case then I'll say that since the 6-C feat is also canon, that we can ignore the High 6-C one.

Also it doesn't work that way. Tatsumaki performs a 6-C feat in one media and a High 6-C feat in the other. Just because she did the feat casually, does not mean you can immediately use the High 6-C version.

i never said that tatsumaki is like continent level since she effortlessly did a 6-C feat. i simply said that if someone effortlessly does a 6-C feat, its entirely possible that they might be beyond 6-C, like high 6-C for example.

@ryu

yeah thats why i said i agreed with using just one media.

i simply stated that if a character effortlessly performs a 6-C feat, then it is entirely possible that they arent just limited to 6-C, and could possibly be beyond 6-C. of course not like continent level, but i believe its perfectly reasonable to believe its possible for the character to be something like high 6-C. not definite, just possible. i dont see anything wrong with that argument.

but i do agree that always picking the feat that gives higher result likely results in inconsistent profiles so we might as well just use the manga feat.

and my argument most certainly was not just "both feats are canon so just use the higher one"

i did say something similar to that but i was clearly just joking as i said "lol". i did indeed have an argument and it had an entirely different basis, not just "pick the higher one."

but at this point, i agree with using one media, as its the most consistent way to go

She's still going to be only rated as "At least 6-C." Lot's of people do their feats effortlessly, we don't extrapolate them to higher levels just because of it.

i never said we should extrapolate feats to higher levels just because a character did it effortlessly. i simply stated that its possible for the character to be at a higher level than what was depicted in the feat, because of how effortlessly it was done. but we shouldnt just be like "oh, she did a 6-C feat effortlessly so lets give her a high 6-C rating" without any real evidence to back it up. trust me, i think thats really really stupid and i never ever suggested such an absurd idea.

anyways, because we used the manga for tatsu's feat, we might as well use the manga for beefcake's feat as well, if that leads to more consistent results.

And for many people it's "possible" they are higher than their best feats. It's irrelevant. Only thing that matters is whether to use the manga version of these feats or the anime version of these feats.

Beyond21, stop trying to unreasonably upgrade One Punch Man. You won't be able to.

In addition, your behavior is very similar to that of other OPM fans who, in the past, ended up being banned for their inability to accept the majority's decision.

This is just derailing the conversation.

We will go with the Manga Feat. That's the fina decision. The manga is the original story, the anime is just an adaptation.

"Oh, but ONE was involved" doesn't mean things that contradict the original source can be used. At best, it means that the additional things can be used. Nothing more.

We use the manga for all OPM feats. We won't use this to give Beefcake an inflated 6-C status.

once again, i never ever said we should change someone's tier because of a "possiblity", unless we have actual proof to back it up. but if someone does a feat effortlessly, its indeed possible that the character might be higher, but we shouldnt actual change the character's tier until we actually have irrefutable evidence that solidifies the tier. i never ever thought of that idea as reasonable, nor did i suggest such a thing.

that being said, we all agreed on using the manga, so if someone could just calc the feat, that would be great

Matthew Schroeder said:
Beyond21, stop trying to unreasonably upgrade One Punch Man. You won't be able to.

In addition, your behavior is very similar to that of other OPM fans who, in the past, ended up being banned for their inability to accept the majority's decision.

This is just derailing the conversation.

We will go with the Manga Feat. That's the fina decision. The manga is the original story, the anime is just an adaptation.

"Oh, but ONE was involved" doesn't mean things that contradict the original source can be used. At best, it means that the additional things can be used. Nothing more.

We use the manga for all OPM feats. We won't use this to give Beefcake an inflated 6-C status.

• FACEPALM
FFS you have to be kidding me, like seriously?? you just ignored every single comment i wrote for the past hour, and then threatened to ban me. I literally said we should use the manga feat like 4 times now. I've been saying this for the past HOUR now. if you actually read the damn comments, you wouldn't have embarrassed yourself like this. its embarrassingly obvious that you didnt read any of my comments, and instead you just wrote this noxious ignorant rude paragraph threatening to ban me. I've accepted the majority's decision for a long long time now. there's this amazing new thing called "understanding the situation before threatening someone". amazing right? try it.

i was agreeing with everything ryu was saying for the past hour until matt appeared out of nowhere and basically threatened to ban me if i didnt agree with the majority's decision. which by the way, i DID agree with the majority's decision a good hour ago.

for the last time, let's. use. the. manga. feat.

this is like the sixth time i said this now

Okay. So we have concluded to use the manga instead then due to contradictions? Then I offer my apologies to the calc group members for wasting their time and effort.

Also, Beyond21 has not behaved badly here. He does not deserve to be banned.

I'm still perfectly fine with using the anime versions of these feats if the other calc group members are. I just want consistency and for us to not turn against the anime when it leads to downgrades as well.

Well, come to think of it, didn't a new regulation, originally suggested by LordXcano, say that we can use anime scenes for clarification only if they happen in the manga? Or do I misremember?

I would appreciate if somebody could find the regulation text, as I am very busy.

Thank you. The reason for why I couldn't find the rule is that it was written in the Cano page.

Here is what it says:

"When different source materials give different versions of the same feat, and by that they contradict each other in the depiction of the feat, the primary canon takes precedence over the secondary canon.

If the feat is correctly depicted over multiple canons any of these can be used to judge the feat. Should different results be reached by judging the feat through multiple canons, the result of the primary canon will have priority."

Again, my apologies to the calc group for possibly wasting their time and energy.

Ryukama said:
I'm still perfectly fine with using the anime versions of these feats if the other calc group members are. I just want consistency and for us to not turn against the anime when it leads to downgrades as well.
ok so like, the footprint calc which led to the 6km results isnt usable anymore right? because the manga showings are being used i assume.

@ryu

ok. can we still take into account that he was taller than mountains/clouds because that was in the manga as well i believe.

With what I have see, the anime was the one that exaggerated the size of Beefcake, with scaling from manga it has a size closer to the stated by the author; but that was just a panel, they should be others.

Mountains can vary in height, and looking at another panels ihe seems to have a similar height to that panel from above; can't redirect cuz when I click a panel it download something isntead of open it apart...

I think so, yes, since it differs between the manga and anime.

It's both. There's the debate of "anime vs manga" for the size/timeframe to use (on top of a feat he does in the anime only) as well as his size being very inconsistent in general.

Well in both depictions of the series, he's shown being taller than clouds. I think the manga differs from the anime in size a little more.

Back