• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Beefcake destroys a city block

I think that Lina's method seems fine to use.

What's seen clearly contradicts that though, in the scenes with curvature ya can clearly make out buildings, unless ya wanna tell me those buildings are huge. Plus his size is still drastically inconsistent, he has multiple multi km sizes, all of which are different and multiple sizes where he's far smaller too. Im inclined to believe calcing his size as seen in the scene where he performs the feat would be best as using a size from a different scene would be as valid as using any other size, which means the result changes drastically depending on what is used with no size being more correct than the last.

You just said you weren't calling the OPM earth tiny, yet you literally suggested the entire planet was country sized earlier and have continued to push that agenda...

Regardless, it's likely an artist choice. In the manga that's literally the only scene where it shows two severe curves like that. We get multiple panoramic views that shows 0 curvature.

That said, I could care less about how tall Beefcake is (other than it plays a role in the final result). I just want input on the calc, preferably from other calc group members, that I've posted in the OP compared to the calc done by Fan.

@J-Man If the calc group members do not wish to be disturbed, we should leave them alone.

Both Lina Shields and TheLivingTribunal1 have suggested to me on Discord that the kinetic energy result should not be used as it leads to bloated results, and we use fragmentation. So method 1 is the most viable option it seems.

To scale the size of Beefcake's foot, we will find the width of the road that the foot is scaled to. The issue here is that we are not sure about the width of the road being scaled here. Scaling the width of the road from the buildings would be inaccurate, as we are unable to see the buildings all that well either, thus we would have inaccurate results for the heights of said buildings.

To compensate for this, there is a second picture that shows the road more clearly, as the largest road shown here having about 3 lanes (meaning 3 cars are able to travel through said road). Luckily, there is a guide on how to figure out the width of these lanes, from this page.

Lane 1
Reading from the Lane Width section, we see this statement.

The widths of vehicle lanes typically vary from 9 to 15 feet (2.7 to 4.6 m). Lane widths are commonly narrower on low volume roads and wider on higher volume roads. The lane width depends on the assumed maximum vehicle width with an additional space to allow for lateral motion of the vehicle.
You can already see that the entire setting of this anime takes place in a highly-packed city, meaning that more cars would travel through said road (hence the higher volume). Thus we will use the higher end of the lane width in this case.

• Lane width = 4.6m
  • Width of road = 3 lanes = 4.6 x 3 = 13.8m.
This will apply to the first image in the calc. As for the second image, since we have the width of the road being 13.8m, we just pixel scale.

Lane 2
  • Width of road = 5.83px = 13.8m
  • Beefcake foot length = 394.25px = 933.2m
Luckily, we have this image shown below where we can find the approximate height of Beefcake via scaling from the length of his foot, also by pixel scaling.

• Beefcake foot length = 74px = 933.2m
  • Beefcake height = 232px = 6014m
Beefcake is about 6014m tall.

As for the encore of this calculation, we'll just calculate the energy required to make the hole shown in the third picture. Since we have absolutely no idea how deep that hole actually is, we'll assume that the depth of the hole should at least be the same as the width of the hole (as if the hole is shallower, we would actually see where the bottom of the hole is).

Lane 4
  • Width = 240px = 6220m
  • Radius = 3110m
  • Depth = 6221m
Since the hole seems to be circular in shape, and the sides of said hole go straight downwards to the bottom, we will use the volume of a cylinder in this case.

• Volume of cylinder = (Pi)*(radius^2)*(height or depth)
  • Volume = Pi*(3110^2)*(6220) = 1.89e11 m^3, or 1.89e17 cc
  • Energy required to make hole = (1.89e17 cc)*(214 J/cc) = 4.045e19 Joules, or 9.67e9 Tons of TNT. Island level

As for Fan's calculatio, setting Beefcake's height at 6014m, let's see what we get here...

• Beefcake = 18 pixels = 6014 meters
  • Red Side C = 289.52 pixels = 96732 meters
  • Green Side C = 568.79 pixels = 190039 meters
Using [phttps://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculators/geometry-plane/triangles-isosceles.php this calculator], we get a triangular area of 8,888,760,000 m^2.

Now for thicknes/depth, we have this...

• 110.94 pixels = 70.17 feet, or 21.05m (Using this for the depth)
As for volume, multiply the triangular area by the depth, and we get a value of 1.871e11 m^3, or 1.871e17 cc.

Far from the destroy area being fragmented or violently fragmented, we hardly see any fragments of the materials that were destroyed by the shockwave of Beefcake's attack (other than tiny bits and pieces), thus pulverization would actually be justified in this case.

• (1.871e17 cc)*(214 J/cc) = 4.00e19 Joules, or 9.57 Gigatons. Island level
Consistent with the above calc where a giant hole is made.

@Hizack123

No unnecessary distractions are allowed in this forum.

@Antvasima: Are you okay with the values obtained from my calculation? If so, we can also calculate Beefcake's potential speed as well, as there is a feat where his speed can be calculated.

Boomredo
Opmboom2
Using the same values on my calc:

Triangular area = 558713631m^2

Sector area = 137717807m^2

Total area = 696431438m^2

Depth of the crater = 33.16m

696431438m^2(33.16m) = 23093666484.08m^3 = 2.309e16cm┬│

Using Fragmentatio - 2.309e16cm┬│(8j/cc) = 1.847e17j =

44.1Mt 7-B

Using Pulverizatio
- 2.309e16cm┬│(214.35j/cc) = 4.949e18j = 1.19Gt High 7-A

Using the wind formula
243774865826792j/m / (696431438m^2) = 350034j/m^3

(350034j/m┬│)(2.309e16cm┬│) = 8.082e15j = 1.93Mt Low 7-B

Also Fan, I think I found the problem. I used your image to be sure. You got 18px for Beefcake's height, so I used your picture and drew a line of the same exact length and got 68px, so idk how that happened.

@Lina

I am not experienced with calculations anymore, but trust your ability.

However, Unite My Rice seems to have another result.

Antvasima said:
@Lina

I am not experienced with calculations anymore, but trust your ability.

However, Unite My Rice seems to have another result.
Since the height of 270m contradicts with the screenshot shown regarding the size of Beefcake's foot, it would be preferable that my calculation be used here, as Beefcake's height here is directly scaled from the size of said foot.

Using 270m as the height would contradict the footprint screenshot that I posted in the above calculation.

The footprint can't be used. It is his highest indicator of height and contradicts his full height as "only" reaching the clouds. This has been repeatedly pointed out above.

I would much rather go with Rice's calculations, as they are more consistent with Beefcake's actual height.

But in a lot of the shots, entire clouds only come up to his crotch, so wouldnt he be significantly taller than 6km?

Beyond21 has a point that entire clouds do not fully measure up to Beefcake's actual height, thus Beefcake would be much taller than the height of said clouds.

Also, if the measured value contradicts the stated value in a calculation, the measured value would take priority in this case.

I am personally fine with using Lina's version.

I have negative patience now, so whatever value we end up with, cool. Unfollowing and going to bed. :^)

@Lina

Much higher? The clouds reach to half of his body, being twice as high doesn't make him much taller nor does it justify the inflated value you want to use.

Yes, measure value and all, but you do realize that Beefcake's height varies from scene to scene, yes? He is way larger in the footprint panel you want to use than in any other panel across the manga.

Even when he creates the crater on the ground, he is much smaller:

http://www.narutoforums.com/xfa-blog-entry/one-punch-man-feat-giant-******-makes-a-crater.18919/

In the same page where he creates the giant crater, he is still only hundreds of meters tall, not thousands.

Feats take precedence over statements according to our rules, so I am fine with using Lina's calculation of his intended size instead of the false claim of 270 meters.

I would also appreciate if you let Lina solve this problem, as we will never reach a solution othervise.

Beyond21 said:
Antvasima said:
I am personally fine with using Lina's version.
i am also fine with using lina's version
I disagree. It's inflated.

He is using the highest possible height of Beefcake to gain the result, rather than a lesser value like the one in the crater scene, or the cloud scene.

And what would the height of said clouds be? Depending on the height of said cloud (which can easily be more than kilometers high), Beefcake dwarfing those clouds only reinforce my statement.

@matt

perhaps we should use the original source material (aka the webcomic) to come to a conclusion as to what height we should utilize for this calculation.

in the original webcomic, beefcake is massively taller than mountains and even clouds only come up to his crotch. wouldnt that still make it at least a couple km tall? there are FAR more panels and shots of him being at least a couple km tall, then there are of him being only a couple hundred meters tall.

skyscrapers are usually about 300m on average, and in every single panel/scene, he dwarfs them.

This is supposed to be the calc group's forum, without unnecessary interference. They decide the what to do about calculations. Not the rest of us.

Antvasima said:
This is supposed to be the calc group's forum. They decide the what to do about calculations. Not the rest of us.
I'm sorry, but this is not right.

I am discussing what panels would be most proper to scale Beefcake's size from.

This has nothing to do with math, but rather typical debating. Just because my skill in math isn't as good as Lina's, does not invalidate my opinion.

@Beyond

It is possible for him to be a couple KM tall, considering that low-level clouds go at best to 6,500 ft. However, in another scene, his fist is smaller than a skyscrapper.

So his height is never consistent.

I'm still on the 'calc his size when he actually does it' thing, I think it'd be better than using an inflated high end and a low end that is hilariously inconsistent, if that matters at all. But that's all I'm gonna say and leave it at that.

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
I'm still on the 'calc his size when he actually does it' thing, I think it'd be better than using an inflated high end and a low end that is hilariously inconsistent, if that matters at all.
Same. Which is why I prefer the original calcs which use the height that Beefcake has in the scene in which he destroys the city blocks, rather than his footprint from another scene.

Similarly to how ChaosTheory's crater calc uses his height in the page that the crater appears.

Beefcake3
in this pic, half of a skyscraper is barely as big as his nose.
Beefcake1
Beefcake5
Beefcakesize
Beefcakesize3
in all these pictures he is certaintly at least a couple km tall.
but i do admit that in some shots he seems significantly smaller.

Well, the footprint calculation seems to fit with Beefcake's size of dwarfing the clouds. I trust Lina's judgement regarding calculations. Let's not make his job any harder than it already is.

tbh the scenes where he's significantly smaller are PIS. for example, in order for saitama to actually be seen when talking to the guy, we have to shrink beefcake's size so the whole scene would work without it looking like beefcake is talking to nothing.

but his original size shown when we're first introduced to him (without PIS) shows him to be far taller than mountains and clouds, in both the manga and webcomic. we get to see beefcake's full actual size clearly in this panel

Beefcake1

Beyond21 said:
tbh the scenes where he's significantly smaller are PIS.
It doesn't matter. If he does the feat in a scene where he is significantly smaller, then the feat is significantly smaller.

Antvasima said:
Well, the footprint calculation seems to fit with Beefcake's size of dwarfing the clouds. I trust Lina's judgement regarding calculations. Let's not make his job any harder than it already is.
i agree with this. i dont know why we're going out of our way to make this any harder than it should be. 6-C dragons are not strange. the meteor that saitama destroyed was also 6-C. beefcake is SIGNIFICANTLY stronger than other dragons as he's one of the only monsters that took a punch from saitama without blowing up. saitama even points out that beefcake has overwhelming power.

Back