• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Beefcake destroys a city block

I honestly think we should use his first appearance for his height because thats when authors dont have to deal with PIS or perspectives. Its not like they can consistently show the height they want in every shot relative to everything else around the character. Thats way too much work.

Ha, so you used the half. Ok then, guess it wouldn't change much if the street is used instead. What about scaling Saitama or the other guy when they were in his shoulder?

RadicalMrR said:
The Highway is 6px (take my word for it) = 3.7m
Beefcake is 218px = 138m

@Requiem If we calced every size of Beefcake, added all of them up and divided by the amount of calcs we added he would still be various Kms tall.

Is there a source for the highway being set at that width? Keep in mind that regular highways have 2 or more lanes of varying degrees of width.

I just googled "Highway width" got 3.7 and used it but the ones in the panel look like they can fit like 3 trucks at once.

RadicalMrR said:
Beefcake size
Truck Width = 2.44 = 3px
Beefcake = 218px = 177m

Adding his high end and low end

(8000m+177m)/2 = 4088m there is the mid end.

Honestly though the the Foot calc should be used. Beefcake's size may very but the footprint he left wont.

Also I believe in cases like these its important to analyze the panels. When he first transformed he toward over mountains and reached the clouds, this panel's purpose was to show us his size. In panels where hes destroying the city they are supposed to show us just how powerful he is not how big he is.
I am fine with this. 4088m is a good number. Since this calculated Beefcake's size in the same scene in which he did his feat.

Now if the feat can be calculated using this manga version, we can get this accepted.

However, maybe we could get the dimensions of the city roughly and then the tallest building to get the volume, then use fragmenetation?

I think u guys misunderstood. I got 100+m from the panel, this is the low end. I got 8000km from Dark's calc, this is his high end. I added both and got the mid end.

It's only 100+ m in the manga version? Well, then the feat would probably only wield MCB or so.

Can we quantify the feat in the anime version?

Matthew Schroeder said:
It's only 100+ m in the manga version? Well, then the feat would probably only wield MCB or so.
Can we quantify the feat in the anime version?
I get 1195 feet from the manga

Beefcake manga2

1 story = 2 pixels = 10 feet

Beefcakemanga

Beefcake = 239 pixels

= 1195 feet

Antoniofer said:
@Lina, is the minimal standard width, guess that we can find the larger lane to find another lane, maybe one that can suppost three vehicules (or so, seeing the panel).

The standard width that you are referring to is the lane width, and not the width of the entire highway. Depending on the number of lanes said highway has, the width is multiplied here. I multiplied it by 3 because that is the number of lanes that I saw in the highway that I scaled from.

Just a quick question though: Would the manga take priority over the anime here, even though both versions of the media were personally directed by the author of said manga?

Matthew Schroeder said:
Now if the feat can be calculated using this manga version, we can get this accepted.
no... just no...i am also fine with 4088m but we already agreed to use the anime feat. ryu already said that we're allowed to use the anime feat, and the original person who requested for this to be calced was me. i asked for the anime feat to be calced, not the manga feat. why on earth would we randomly just calc the manga feat? can you at least give me a reason as to why calcing the manga feat is a better option?

I don't think I ever directly said we can or should use the anime version, rather that if others are fine with it so am I. One thing I always wonder though is why everyone seems so eager to use the anime versions of calcs when it leads to upgrades like Saitama's moon jump or this, but then if it leads to a downgrade like Tatsumaki's feat no one's really up for it.

This does raise the question of why the anime versions of the feats are not used despite the new regulations.

i mean, does it matter? both the anime and manga are canon.

we might as well go for the one that gives higher results lol.

You mean be biased and have inconsistent standards when it suits what we want? If we're deciding to use the anime to get the upgrades we want, we also have to use it for the downgrades we don't want. If we're deciding to use the manga to avoid the downgrades we don't want, we also have to use it to avoid the upgrades we want. That's just being balanced and fair.

Also the anime and manga may be canon, but they contradict each other at times. There's no way Beefcake is both City level and Island level. There's no way Tatsumaki is both Island level and Large Island+. We have to choose one media to go with, and that choice shouldn't be built upon solely getting the ratings we want.

i mean its just that, its just dumb how we're changing the feat we wanna calc days after i requested it. i requested for the anime feat to be calced and fanofrpg said that he will calc it. now we've gotten to this point and all of a sudden we're just going to calc a different feat? really?

Because we have different standards for how we treat these things and some staff don't necessarily agree upon which method to use. Also do you have a good reason for using anime besides that it upgrades Beefcake? I'm 100% fine with using anime if you or anyone else has such good reasons. And I also doubt you'll be such a big fan of the anime when it's used to downgrade Tatsumaki.

well, think of it like this.

the anime is indeed canon, therefore the 6-C feat that beefcake did in the anime is also canon. which means that the feat really did happen. therefore, beefcake is capable of performing a 6-C feat. because he literally did it. we cant just ignore that.

as for the tatsumaki issue, its the same.

the anime and manga are both canon. in the anime, she did a 6-C feat whereas in the manga she did a high 6-C feat. they're contradictory but because the manga is canon, the fact is, she can perform a high 6-C feat and i feel like maybe we shouldnt ignore that. after all, its not like its an outlier or hyperbole or anything like that.

the bottomline is that, as long as its not an outlier, we shouldnt ignore a feat that's canon and really did happen.

We can't just mix and match two different versions if they contradict eachothers. If character A's feat was portrayed differently in a secondary version, we can't just pretend it happened in the primary version because they're both "canon". We're still trying to keep a stable continuity.

Use the Manga, the end.

Only use the anime for anime-only stuff, and even then a lot of it is bullshit and ignore, like the Black Hole stuff.

I'm sorry but you're just cherrypicking whichever gives people higher results. It's either we use anime version for feats all the time or we use manga version for feats at all times. Unless you can argue that there's a specific reason why anime should be used in this case over others or manga be used in this case over others.

Also I can use your exact same arguments in the exact same matter to argue the opposite.

"the manga is indeed canon, therefore the 7-B feat that beefcake did in the manga is also canon. which means that the feat really did happen. therefore, beefcake is only capable of performing a 7-B feat. because he literally did it. we cant just ignore that."

"in the anime, she did a 6-C feat whereas in the manga she did a high 6-C feat. they're contradictory but because both the anime and manga are canon, the fact is, she can only perform a 6-C feat and i feel like maybe we shouldnt ignore it."

Again, there's no way Beefcake did both a 7-B feat and a 6-C feat at the same time. There's no way Tatsumaki did both a 6-C and High 6-C feat at the same time. We have to choose one or the other being the actual truth. And your choice is based on nothing but the desire for the character to be rated higher.

@ryu

i agree with you for everything else but the "reversing the argument" thing makes zero sense and is quite dumb. in the manga she did a high 6-C, and in the anime, she did a 6-C feat. but in both cases, she did them effortlessly. therefore its true that she performed both a 6-C feat and a high 6-C feat, but she did the 6-C feat with literally no effort, so whats to say that she cant perform an ever higher feat? such as a high 6-C feat? theres literally nothing to suggest that 6-C is her limit just because she performed a 6-C feat. because the thing is, she did it effortlessly. she performed a 6-C feat effortlessly in the manga, and then performed a high 6-C feat as well. both are canon, but the 6-C feat was done with no effort, so its safe to assume that she can likely perform an even higher feat. especially since she literally does a high 6-C feat in the canon anime. so you can't reverse the argument for tatsumaki's situation, but maybe you can for beefcake, since he did the 7-B feat while enraged.

sorry this is long, but we're going off topic now.

sure, im fine with using the manga feat.

Back