• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Beefcake destroys a city block

"Well, the footprint calculation seems to fit with Beefcake's size of dwarfing the clouds"

It kinda doesn't. The cloud is barely above the buildings.

Beefcakesize3.png

^ He is not 6000 meters tall here.

Beyond21 said:
i agree with this. i dont know why we're going out of our way to make this any harder than it should be. 6-C dragons are not strange. the meteor that saitama destroyed was also 6-C. beefcake is SIGNIFICANTLY stronger than other dragons as he's one of the only monsters that took a punch from saitama without blowing up. saitama even points out that beefcake has overwhelming power.
1. @Matt Fan used Beefcake's official size, he didn't have to find his size.

2. Beefcake is a demon level threat, which is defined as a threat to a city. Dragon level threats are threats to multiple cities.

If all fails, can we use ChaosTheory's crater calc and call it a day? That already wields 50 megatons and it isn't even the full crater. Asign "At least 7-B" to him.

Although I heavily lean towards Rice's calc for the city-block feat.

Unite My Rice said:
Beyond21 said:
i agree with this. i dont know why we're going out of our way to make this any harder than it should be. 6-C dragons are not strange. the meteor that saitama destroyed was also 6-C. beefcake is SIGNIFICANTLY stronger than other dragons as he's one of the only monsters that took a punch from saitama without blowing up. saitama even points out that beefcake has overwhelming power.
1. @Matt Fan used Beefcake's official size, he didn't have to find his size.
2. Beefcake is a demon level threat, which is defined as a threat to a city. Dragon level threats are threats to multiple cities.
beefcake is a DRAGON level threat. ONE said that beefcake's threat level would have been raised to dragon if saitama hadnt shown up

@Matthew

You do have a good point. I suppose that I will stay out of this.

The problem here is that both Unite My Rice and Lina Shields have made a serious effort with calculating this, and we non-calc group members keep interfering with their discussion. The entire point of this forum was that we should not do so.

Let's leave them alone to decide on their own.

Yeah i know. His original rating was demon. thats because he didnt do enough damage at the time to be classified as dragon. But ONE himself stated that beefcake has the power and capability to be classified as dragon, therefore he is dragon

For example, when the sea king first arrived, him along with his soldiers were a tiger level threat. But after the sea king started to cause damage, they raised his threat level to demon

Antvasima said:
This is supposed to be the calc group's forum, without unnecessary interference. They decide the what to do about calculations. Not the rest of us.
Antvasima said:
The problem here is that both Unite My Rice and Lina Shields have made a serious effort with calculating this, and we non-calc group members keep interfering with their discussion. The entire point of this forum was that we should not do so.

Let's leave them alone to decide on their own.
No. This is just the exact same "status > logic" thing that people have been constantly complaining about. It's turning the infamous "Oh he's a bureaucrat. That means he's right and you guys have to shut up." into "Oh he's a calc member. That means he's right and you guys have to shut up."

I of course respect Lina Shields and Unite My Rice greatly. Along with their efforts. However if their calcs have logic that others disagree with, people should be more than free to discuss it. I already dislike Staff Discussion Boards since it pretty much validates peoples' opinions soley due to their status and silences people who don't have such status, even if they might have actual legitamate points. But silencing the majority of other staff members as well is even more asinine.

Maybe if the "non-calc members" were trying to discuss calculus or math concepts they have absolutely no idea about and are derailing the thread with their blatant ignorance you'd have a point. But they're arguing about logical consistency within the verse and issues with the feat you don't need to be a math genius to have. And we shouldn't silence this and leave it purely for people of status to decide. Especially when we risk less reliable profiles as a result of refusing discourse.

My apologies for going a bit off topic and perhaps seeming a bit harsh. However I should address this issue now before it becomes prevalent in more threads on this board.

If you want to bring other people who are knowledgeble in OPM to comment in this blog (including regular members), feel free to do so.

We did agree on removing the issue of staff elitism, did we not?

@Lina Yes. Thank you very much for understanding.

Well, I am just concerned about that we will exhaust the calc group members in their efforts to handle these matters, and turn them off from helping out with calculations, due to constantly diverting the threads from their main focus.

we still havent come to an agreement as to what height should be used for beefcake. what do you think ryu?

Derailing things constantly with irrelevant topics and exhausting members is an issue I agree. However the solution isn't a ban on everyone who isn't a calc member and silencing their voice. Also if it wasn't such a dire issue for "non-calc members" to comment during blogs or CRTs, why is it now?

Like I said if I or another person tried talking about the math itself and we clearly did not have any clue what we're doing, then yeah we should stop talking. But if I or another person have a problem with the narrative context behind the feat, with the consistency of it, the logic of it, etc. then our discourse shouldn't be dismissed due to one's username color or lack thereof.

Im fine with using the 6km for Beefcake.

On sunny days clouds are about 2km up, if Beefcake is twice that then hes 4km tall.

Small moutains like the ones he toward over are about 1-2km, since hes about 4ish times taller than them hes about 4-8 km.

Darkanine calced him to be 8km.

He is consistently various km tall.

I agree on the notion that regular members who have watched/read OPM should be brought to this thread, and see what they think of it.

But then, doesn't this guy actually dwarf the size of mountains, as RadicalMrR said?

And at other times he doesn't dwarf them, unless those buildings are absolutely huge. For what it's worth, ive read the manga from start up to where Metal Bat was fighting the dragon tier centipede and i read the garou arc on another occasion.

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
And at other times he doesn't dwarf them, unless those buildings are absolutely huge.
For what it's worth, ive read the manga from start up to where Metal Bat was fighting the dragon tier centipede and i read the garou arc on another occasion.
I think that we should try a way to figure out Beefcake's size in the scene he destroys the town with the handwave.

Maybe the manga version is a lot more detailed and will help?

Is the footprint feat that I calculated featured in the manga as well? We can scale Beefcake's size based on the size of said foot (in the manga version).

Lina Shields said:
I agree on the notion that regular members who have watched/read OPM should be brought to this thread, and see what they think of it.
But then, doesn't this guy actually dwarf the size of mountains, as RadicalMrR said?
yes, in both manga and webcomic, he dwarfs mountains. i dont think we should just ignore that because his size is inconsistent at times. i mean, what do y'all expect. for him to be bigger than mountains in ever single panel??

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
Yes actually Beyond, or at least 90% of the time, he has quite a few instances of him being far smaller too, it goes both ways.
show me some scans of beefcake being far smaller.

cuz from what i've seen, at his very smallest showings, he still makes entire skyscrapers look like legos

@matt

can i ask why you're so reluctant to just use 6km? i mean, everyone else seems to agree with it and its not like we just randomly picked it. it was calced. and another calc puts him at 8km so its pretty consistent. and the fact that hes been shown to tower over mountains and clouds in multiple panels supports this even more. i mean, we could just pick 6km, calc it, then be done with it.

Beyond, in the one screencap ya showed the skyscrapers came up to the clouds nearly, and the side by side one there's clouds far above him too. You keep saying that because it's shown he's that big multiple times it's consistent yet there's multiple times where he's clearly not that size, it goes both ways. And simply picking a size and using that leaves room for error, I want it to be as accurate as possible.

so can you show me some scans where he's at his smallest? i dont recall there be any panels of beefcake being smaller than the one i showed

Welp, since Beefcake size tend to vary from panel, I suggest the following: calculate the size when he seems smaller, if the size is similar or slower than 270 m, we use the stated size of 270 m. If in the panel with smaller size is still considerable higher than 270 m, we use the smaller size disponible for a low-end. Is that, or find an average size calculing several panels, that doesn't seems factible...

Are we using anime screenshots besides manga, or just manga?

Beefcake size
Truck Width = 2.44 = 3px
Beefcake = 218px = 177m

Adding his high end and low end

(8000m+177m)/2 = 4088m there is the mid end.

Honestly though the the Foot calc should be used. Beefcake's size may very but the footprint he left wont.

Also I believe in cases like these its important to analyze the panels. When he first transformed he toward over mountains and reached the clouds, this panel's purpose was to show us his size. In panels where hes destroying the city they are supposed to show us just how powerful he is not how big he is.

RadicalMrR said:
Beefcake size
Truck Width = 2.44 = 3px
Beefcake = 218px = 177m

Adding his high end and low end

(8000m+177m)/2 = 4088m there is the mid end.

Honestly though the the Foot calc should be used. Beefcake's size may very but the footprint he left wont.

Also I believe in cases like these its important to analyze the panels. When he first transformed he toward over mountains and reached the clouds, this panel's purpose was to show us his size. In panels where hes destroying the city they are supposed to show us just how powerful he is not how big he is.
this is exactly what i was saying the entire time. we should use his footprint. everyone agreed with that.

Actually, does the footprint appear in multiple panels? Because it could very well change sizes too. And not everyone, both me and I think Matt disagree.

Don't think that is a good angle to scale, but doubt it would change the result that much. Problem is that I can't see the truck scaled, what would be the result if you use the width of the highway?

The Highway is 6px (take my word for it) = 3.7m

Beefcake is 218px = 138m

@Requiem If we calced every size of Beefcake, added all of them up and divided by the amount of calcs we added he would still be various Kms tall.

Hmm... Are you sure that a highway has that width? Aren't you confusing it with the street? If any, you should try with both highway and street.

Trust me. There are far more showings of him being several km tall, than of him being only a couple hundred meters tall. And like what radical said, even if we averaged out every depiction of his height, he would still be at least a couple a km tall. We simple cannot use 270m or anything like that when we clearly see him be far far larger in many scenes.

Back