• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Because Time Stop. Monica Pinkston VS. Homura Akemi (GRACE)

You guys probably have a point, she'll just time stop and then tech manip then.

Explosions happen during time stop?

You make it sound like she spawns in explosions, rather than spawning in missiles that explode

Obviously explosions don't explode in a time Stop, hence why I didn't say they don't.

That's because she spawns cruise Missles that explode

Think of it as a grenade going off next to you that explodes as it appears

the issue here is that youre thinking its agrenade that spawns instantly and explodes instantly rather than one that gets spawned and explodes by monica's thoughts.

and homura as doing literally nothing as monica spawns it, nevermind also detonates it.

So literally '''Instantaneous''' attack speed? I'm pretty sure no one was taking it as a literal description.

I don't know enough about Monica to really tell, simply an assumption from what I've read both here and on the previous

It entirely depends on this that determines the match ultimately

Not voting in the match, but the argument is legitimately making it sound like she isn't spawning missiles as much as she's spawning literal k-booms on Homura's face from the start instead of something that goes k-boom.

Monica can just summon missiles at a long range, there's nothing that implies she can detonate them instantly; they'd explode as fast as a regular cruise missile does.

She also abuses beam, laser, and AOE attacks, so its not entirely certain she'll use missiles first.

Although I'm intrested in how Homura can get past instantaneous Low-High regen.

Dargoo Faust said:
She also abuses beam, laser, and AOE attacks, so its not entirely certain she'll use missiles first
Whelp, this confirms it

Homura for SD's reasons

Regular cruise missiles explode whenever the launcher tells them to, basically. They can be airbursted, they can be made to hit the ground, there's no standard cruise missile fuse.

Gargoyle One said:
2A absorbtion
Homura doesn't start with that in character. But it isn't really relevant when her basic bombs can completely disintegrate 7-Bs and turn them to ashes.

Monica is also not getting past 6-C forcefields any time soon, and time stop would affect the Cruise missiles the same way it affects Homura's own bombs, aka stop it before it explodes

@SD

Homura's dura scales above Elly's AP, she has a 1 rating.

Gargoyle One said:
And here I thought you would be gone for longer
I'll probably disappear again soon, I simply found wi-fi in the place where I would have expected it the least. *warps away*

@Gar

In a little town in the middle of the Alps.

@Reby

Idk, I haven't checked it

I'm not really a fan of this "magic resistance" thing common among characters who mostly use magic in-verse.

From the eyes of someone not familiar with the verse, it comes off as....quite frankly special treatment......I mean we allow this, but not resistance to non-naturre energy ninjutsu for Juubi Jin in Naruto. One Piece characters resistance to haki. Hunter X Hunter characters resistance to nen. ect.

I'm just not liking the inconsistency of what is considered acceptable and what isn't.

Don't kow either of these characters, so I won't comment on the battle.

I mean if we take the nearest possible equivalent, Chakra, Nen, and Ki are all just fancy names for aura.

Magic is magic.

Same difference.

@Gar

Because it was brought up in this thread, and I'm busy with too many other things to make a CRT explaining my thoughts on it.

Then wait to make one then

It was brought up and almost instantly considered to be useless

@Gar

The second sentence wasn't really relevant to my initial point.

but...

Fine. Continue the thread.

Back