• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Homura Akemi vs. Kurumi Tokisaki

I'm fairly sure Homura's time stop lasts far more than ten seconds, especially since she can get up all of her bombs and nukes and bullet shots and flying cars during that time.

There is the time when she shot hundreds of rocket launchers, one by one, during the fight with Walpurgis. There is also her battle with Mami in Rebellion. There is also False Madoka, who used Homura Time Stop in order to make a planning in facing the False Magical Girl. There might be more examples.

I do believe that one scene with the truck is purely cis given that that was the only time she did burst time stop in, pretty much the whole Series.

Even if 10 seconds was the lowest what can she do?

Homura at minimum is MHS, she can kill Kurumi in that time with ease.

Oh yeah that's another thing isn't it?

Not only is that the only time she uses it in bursts but she, an MHS character, struggled to catch up to a truck.

Disregard that anti feat entirely.

That's not how anti-feats work, Schnee. You don't disregard a showing because of a stat something completely unrelated to the one at hand.

In a similar vein, time stop in relation to speed needs to be addressed. The relative time stopped is relative to them. Unlike someone like Hit, the scene isn't trying to portray the fact that because the chick is superhumanly fast, she can turn ten stopped seconds into an hour.

Not to mention this indefinite time stop would make her invincible in series which is outright untrue given her fights against Mami and Walpurgisnaught.

You know, time stop being treated on VSBW as "Oh, well they are MFTL+ so they attack twenty quadrillion times in a five second time stop" even if it is literally never done that way in the actual media in question has always irked me.

How many attacks has Homura got off before in a single time stop?

With this claimed 20 minutes she could easily yeet Wal into space or something like that. Also she should've been able to do XY and Z to stop Mami from trapping her before Mami got eaten.

Moritzva said:
You know, time stop being treated on VSBW as "Oh, well they are MFTL+ so they attack twenty quadrillion times in a five second time stop" even if it is literally never done that way in the actual media in question has always irked me.
You have cemented yourself as best boy with this paragraph.

@Moritzva

Most of this fight takes place in stopped time

@Cal

Ignoring the fact that Homura has never yeeted anyone in space and that if Itzli is anything to go by, Wal can quite possibly come back from that, when was she supposed to time stop against Mami?

She was trapped before the fight even begun the first time, and the second time the time stop was made ineffective

The entire fight between Homura and Mami takes place in a time stop, the only time it's really released is so that tjeir bullets could actually move

I'll look over it when I get home.

Admittedly, I doubt Kurumi has much of a shot here. Life Drain fails as her first move, and her arguably best option to instead lead with clones doesn't even help her much, as even if we assume Homura's time stop is, say, 1 minute (which is much lower than the given 20) she still has plenty of time to kill all of them.

Does anyone have an idea for how Kurumi could win?

@Cal <3

Also, let me assume that.

1. Homura' done anti feat disregards everything else

2. Wal and Mami are in fact valid examples

What can Kurumi do? All of her stuff is REALLY bad at beating Mid Regen, just ask Kotori

In theory, she could clone a lot and beat Homura to death since Kotori's AoE is better-

But that means nothing since Homura's time stop is ******' strong and she has enough time to make herself dinner, then kill Kurumi.

I mean, theoretically if Homura literally just stood there and did nothing Kurumi could maybe shoot her a bunch of times and hopefully hits her soul gem otherwise she just lolregens

Depends, my sarcasm gives a hard "Not happening" since Kurumi isn't going to aim for her hand.

I am still unsure how addable this match is. I'll probably request it and see if it gets denied

A stomp thread is a VS thread where, for all intents and purposes, one of the characters is unreasonably outmatched by their opponent. Whether it is through a difference in statistics, abilities or even (in very rare cases) skill between the two parties, the these matches are heavily one-sided and provide little to no challenge or danger for the winning character. Unlike a match which is decisive in one character's favor, stomp matches very rarely leave any room for debate, with their outcomes coming across as predictable to anyone with even cursory knowledge of the combatants and their abilities.
Time Stop + lodge a bullet into Kurumi's neck + un-time stop seems very predictable to someone with just cursory knowledge

Each combatant's in-character mindset and tactics do not necessarily qualify or disqualify a match from being a stomp, and should be evaluated on a case-by-case basis when determining whether or not a match falls under said category. Generally speaking however, if a character in a match has to perform or use techniques in ways they have never shown to do in order to possibly win, the chances of that match being a stomp are quite high.
I suppose Kurumi could win if she spacequakes Homura and her gem in time, so that could work.

So technically, spacequakes could work if she starts with them but she doesn't, as she doesn't need to do something extraordinary with them. Which would technically disqualify for this being a stomp, but I still feel uneasy.

Kurumi could definitely kill homura, it's just that homura gets her stuff off faster, don't really see that as a stomp

Kurumi does abuse spacequakes if she thinks she needs to. In general she can win here, the main issue is that Homura uses her own shenanigan way too fast for it to matter. I would say this is decisive and not a stomp, it is one ability that makes Homura Win and the fact she uses it faster than Kurumi uses her sure win button.

And it just means she uses her wind button first. That's not a stomp.

Added for the loser.

Applying for addition for the winner.

Broke: Thinking Homura had to stop time without her shield turning (thought based time stop lol) to catch up to a car.

Woke: Homura teleported repeatedly using Space Leap because she isn't wasn't gonna waste time stop on sayaka.

Back