• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bayonetta's Witch Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time slow that slows time to a near stop

Also minor thing but probably should note that Bayo and co. can see invisible beings

Is it possibly a combination of both her accelorating her own time flow/slowing down everyone elses time flow aswell as boosting her own senses? Since there is Word of God going for both, it seems to be the best way to reconsile both statements

So the consensus is that it's just time slow then? Not time acceleration either? Can we get some sort of estimate on to how much extent time is adjusted? Thread so big for this kind of revision.

Time is basically slowed to the point where its ALMOST stopped, but not completely stopped. Its not time acceleration at all.

Figured it was time slow but maybe instead of acceleration I should've described it as reaction boosting. Or maybe in just the perspective of Bayonetta everything is almost stopped?

In that case that might affect some matches she had before.

It really wouldnt affect any of her matches as the difference between her time slow and an actual time stop is extremely small

I mean in speed equalization matches, time accel and slow down to boost one's own speed would be ignored. But more importantly, changes can be implemented then? After a few more comments?

Yes, they are, but its not directly amping speed, its done through time manip. Actually yes it is if there are feats to back up speed amping to a high enough degree unless speed is equalized

WeeklyBattles said:
https://youtu.be/o_BZ8XUXdms?t=1147This is one, I dont have access to YouTube as im at work right now so I do don't know exactly which of the others is the one im looking for but its the feat of her fight with Saipentia

This also shows gravity affects her differently compared to the stuff that hang suspended in the air. Stat amp doesn't do that.

Don't know if we take this kind of thing into account though.

Half my post got deleted somehow. Edited in the reasoning that got eaten.

But yeah, the way Gravity is effecting her differently here should be good as extra proof since stat amp doesn't affect that kinda thing.

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
Figured it was time slow but maybe instead of acceleration I should've described it as reaction boosting. Or maybe in just the perspective of Bayonetta everything is almost stopped?
In that case that might affect some matches she had before.
In agreement with this tbh. The wins should be reassesd as they were mostly under the pretense of full time stop.

Bayo's Time Slow is so close to a time stop that the outcomes would be no different, thus redoing them all would be pointless

Close is not timestop though. She happened to be fighting some with full timestop like Mega and Sakuya.. etc. Should be re-looked at after we wrap up this thread.

Neither of them have a resistance to time manip. Hell, slowing time to a near stop may actually be BETTER as it would bypass people who can resist flat out time stops

Both have superior time hax tho which is why it should be looked at. And it was noted on the previous thread time can be slowed to an infinite degree and still wouldn't be time stopped. Those threads were under the impression both had same degree of time manip.

Neither have superior time hax. Mega Man's time slow DEFINITLY isnt superior and its not in character for him to lead with a time stop right off the bat. Sakuya has more applications for her time hax but her time slow is not superior, plus bayo has a strong resistance to time manip, whereas the other two dont. So again, there is no point in redoing them when them when the result will be exactly the same

@Weekly

The Time Stopper is outright time stop. As is the Centaur Flash. As is the Time Switch.

Mega's only Time Slow weapon is Time Man's Time Slow.

Mega leads by exploiting weaknesses and ending fights with as little collateral as possible.

Not saying that it would change the result, but what you're saying about him is false.

@Rep I said his time slow isnt superior, i acknowledged he has time stop, just that if he doesnt know his opponent he wouldnt pull it right out of the gate

Yeah should deff be revisited, but not to derail any further I think you were discussing adding the WT range.

There is no point in revisiting them, Rep even said the result wouldnt change.

The range of Witch Time has already been addressed and adjusted on the profiles. There's really no reason for this thread to be open tbh because everything has been adjusted

Repp cleared up the megas time manip misconception and added some context that wasnt on that thread. So it should be looked at again. But other than that I think thread problem has been solved.

There is a point in revisiting them considering Megaman (If I'm checking the right profile) has an outright time stop.

And Sakuya herself can pull of time acceleration and slow down and still has the full reasoning to oneshot. There's much to discuss on it now that Bayonetta can't even oneshot since time stop is vastly different from time slow.

Of course now is not the place for such revisiting. Have to be taken to the removal thread.

The results would be exactly the same, there is no point in revisiting them Plus Bayo resists time slows so Sakuya slowing time wont do anything, while Bayo would slow her almost to a full stop

Meanwhile Sakuya can counter time slowdown on herself by amping up her own speed. Though that does mean that a time stop from Sakuya would seriously screw up Bayo.

And the primary reason why Bayo wins was becuase of time stop. Without it, there's no immediate path for a oneshot.

Unless her time amp can counter being slowed to a near stop, no it cant

Bayo can slow time to a near stop so yes there is

Meanwhile Sakuya can counter time slowdown on herself by amping up her own speed. Though that does mean that a time stop from Sakuya would seriously screw up Bayo.

And the primary reason why Bayo wins was becuase of time stop. Without it, there's no immediate path for a oneshot.

Also not the place to settle this.

Huh, weird double post. It wasn't loading on my end.

Anyway, time stop =/= Time slow.

I could move at infinite speed and still be superior to someone who can move at MFTL speeds

Doesnt matter if time stop =/= time slow when people in this thread other than me have already steted that the outcomes would be no different

What kind of analogy are you trying to make...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back