• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bayonetta's Witch Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not a waste of time. Every source including non-canon says it is a Time Slow. It is the epitome of absurdity to ignore every source in favor of thinking that enhancing your taste buds make you faster.

Uh what i translated is not Lightspeed

It's ÒéªÒéúÒââÒâüÒé┐ÒéñÒâá = Witch Time

Just because you say something isn't credible doesn't mean it is when it has been proven many times to be credible, otherwise I wouldn't be spearheading the downgrades on your verse. But that's another topic. :^)

It is never shown to be credible, and way to admit youre doing this out of spite

I'd appreciate a literal transliteration of what the bolded part in ALRF's translation is saying.

Unite My Rice said:
Just because you say something isn't credible doesn't mean it is when it has been proven many times to be credible, otherwise I wouldn't be spearheading the downgrades on your verse. But that's another topic. :^)
"Ptolomy figured out and discovered a lot of things about Astronomy which are still accurate to this day so this must mean that the sun spins around the Earth."

WeeklyBattles said:
It is never shown to be credible, and way to admit youre doing this out of spite

Moving back to what I previously posted...

"They were known as the Umbra Witches. While these witches are said to have manipulated magic, there remains very little recorded history to back these claims.Yet, they shared many powers with their opposing counterparts the Lumen Sages, and from their records, we can gather a better view of what magic entailed."

"As no further records remain as to the nature of the technique, any more hard facts remain unknown; however, by looking at the traces left on the buildings around Vigrid, one can make some further assumptions. The traces are, in fact, footprints left on the surfaces of the wall. They blend into the city so well that you almost never catch a glimpse of them at first glance. In fact, those without knowledge of Witch Walk would probably never notice the footprints' presence. Amongst the dirt and scars on the surface, there are many buildings in Vigrid where footprints sporadically continue along their sides. This must be none other than proof that these magic practitioners were able to literally walk on walls."

Sounds like a guy who sought after historical documents and used actual proof with sound logic when documenting his findings.

His information on witch time agrees with the lumen and umbra statues.

His information on witch walk agrees with what's stated in the game.

His information on how each clans gets more powerful with exposure to their designated celestial object agrees with the game.

ALRF still didn't provide the direct translation, he just said it talks about time slowing. Context matters.

Matthew Schroeder said:
It is not a waste of time. Every source including non-canon says it is a Time Slow. It is the epitome of absurdity to ignore every source in favor of thinking that enhancing your taste buds make you faster.
Non-canon shouldn't be used to discuss this in the first place, which you fail to see Matt.

"Well this thing also says this" , doesn't matter when that other thing is non canon.

"ÒüùÒü░ÒéëÒüÅÕæ¿Õø▓Òü«µÖéÚûôÒüîÚüàÒüÅÒü¬ÒéèÒÇüµòÁÒéÆþäíÚÿ▓ÕéÖÒü¬þèµàïÒü½ÒüÖÒéïõ║ïÒüîÒüºÒüìÒéïÒÇé"

"The surrounding time will be slowed down for a while, rendering the enemies defenseless"

There, thread done. Can we all move on to something actually productive?

@Dash

If I can show that every single source, even non-canon, state that a character does something, then lo and behold, that is pretty good evidence that they do something.

Matthew Schroeder said:
"ÒüùÒü░ÒéëÒüÅÕæ¿Õø▓Òü«µÖéÚûôÒüîÚüàÒüÅÒü¬ÒéèÒÇüµòÁÒéÆþäíÚÿ▓ÕéÖÒü¬þèµàïÒü½ÒüÖÒéïõ║ïÒüîÒüºÒüìÒéïÒÇé"

"The surrounding time will be slowed down for a while, rendering the enemies defenseless"

There, thread done. Can we all move on to something actually productive?
Yeah, this TL is good

I'd also like to point out that there are angels that are immune to the effects of witch time, so i guess these angels are able to just flat out ignore stat boosts?

1. Where is this Japanese text even coming from? Please don't say smash.

2. "If I can show that every single source, even non-canon, state that a character does something, then lo and behold, that is pretty good evidence that they do something."

So why was Yhwach downgraded again? Based on a particular scan that suggested one thing vs the many others that said another?

Also, regarding the SMT Dante comparison. Let's say someone was insisting that Classic Dante is the son of the Demon Sparda and an Angel woman. Which is obviously false.

And then someone responds by posting multiple sources stating that he is not, from the various DMC games saying that his mother was a normal human, and then to cap it all off he posts Dante's character profile from the Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne Guidebook, which also states that he is the son of Sparda with a human women.

And then the person responds by going "LEL you're using SMT Dante, your argument is invalid".

Unite My Rice said:
1. Where is this Japanese text even coming from? Please don't say smash.
2. "If I can show that every single source, even non-canon, state that a character does something, then lo and behold, that is pretty good evidence that they do something."

So why was Yhwach downgraded again? Based on a particular scan that suggested one thing vs the many others that said another?
Firstly, don't derail this thread with Bleach nonsense. And secondly he was downgraded because planet-busting Yhwach is proven wank that ignores the entire cosmology of the series and everything that was happening including Yhwach's ultimate goal.

The real cal howard said:
@WB Angels are Bidoof confirmed ovo
Cal Cal

I know your pokemon quest is on a break atm, but you don't have to bring it up in a Bayo thread ovo

I have to agree with Rice, if you're going to use that logic why WAS Yhwach downgraded?

So to recap:

• It looks like a time slow in every single instance
  • It is described as time manipulation in every single source, both in English and Japanese
  • Lightspeed is also described as time manipulation
  • The supposed "It enhances speed" description never says it does that, instead just saying it it puts them in a hyper-sensorial state. Enhancing sight and taste and smell doesn't make you faster
  • Smash says it is a timestop

Meanwhile, Kepekley23 waits patiently for the source of the scan, all while taking a look at the Naruto thread to assure nobody is putting BS on the profiles in his back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back