• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bayonetta's Witch Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Pushes your senses to their limit" from the cover is talking about the player. I didn't know I could amp my speed by amping my sense of touch and taste

o3o

OK. So enemies can break free of it. It can be used from a different universe and still effect the real one. It is called Time, references time, and has clock audio and visual effects.

We're done here, certainly.

Unite My Rice said:
The clock ticking slowly is a timer of how long you have until you drop out of witch time.
And it is time symbolism involving a move called Witch Time which is described as Time Manipulation and Time Slow. If it wasn't they wouldn't use so many time-related imagery for it.

Assaltwaffle said:
OK. So enemies can break free of it. It can be used from a different universe and still effect the real one. It is called Time, references time, and has clock audio and visual effects.
We're done here, certainly.

I concede. I was wrong.

But Time Stop is now Time Slow.

@Kep

I sincerely hope that's a joke.

There's also literally every other showing of Witch Time in and out of canon that shows the victims slowed to a crawl while Bayonetta walks around freely.

Honestly, I don't know what to think at all. Just know I won't argue against you guys unless I see misinformation.

@Unite

Just wait for Weekly to come back.

He says he has scans of Bayonetta affecting both the Human World and Paradiso, which are both completely separate planes of reality.

I can vaguely remember Luka being frozen in time by the effect of Bayo fighting angels in Purgatorio. I will wait for him.

We hve to know if this one 2-C instance isn't a huge outlier and every other showing is a few kms

We did the same for her speed, so that does seem reasonable. Though I can see why other people would disagree as well.

I'll unfollow, since this thread was a mistake in my opinion. It reminds me of a lot of stuff that I thought were long since gone.

Bye.

In the first scene where she meets jeanne she slowed time in the real world and then traveled to purgatorio to fight jeanne, but time was still slowed in the real world

In the fight against sapientia she was in purgatorio but time in the real world was slowed to the point that despite Luka having a huge head start up a relatively short rope to a helicopter, bayo fought and defeated sapientia and was in the helicopter waiting for him to get there

Also can someone pull up the scene of bayo using witch time to put makeup on Lukas face? I cant recall if she was in the real world or purgatorio when she did that

What if it is an internal time manipulation? That way it does not contrdict anything. She speeds herself up my manipulationg her time which also gives massives boost to her senses since everything is slowed down for her. Also I think Smash is not a good source to bring up. Since:

1. They want the game balanced if when you used witch time everyone got slowed Bayo will be even more broken than she already is.

2. They probably did not bother researching properly into her abilities and just used the easieest interpretation.

At first I was like wtf but then I realized iirc you can only see angels/etc in the other dimension.

I got a question. Since almost all of the character's time stop in the Bayonetta verse are downgraded to time slow, would this mean Bayonetta's resistance to time slow and stop will be replaced with resistance to time slow only?

Unite My Rice said:
At first I was like wtf but then I realized iirc you can only see angels/etc in the other dimension.
Yeah, Bayonetta has to move to Purgatorio. another plane of reality, to fight the angels, as they are invisible in the Human World. Normal humans appear as semi-transparent ghosts in Purgatorio.

So not only is it a time-slow, it has consistent multi-dimensional range (I'm more comfortable with this instead of Multi-Universal).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back