• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bayonetta's Witch Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
About you and another person only. I believe it's fairer to discuss this on the removal thread btw.

No matter how high MFTL+ you are.... you're never gonna reach infinite... easy.

Same reasoning as never reaching a full time stop with a time slow.

@Arigarmy

Kamiya is a known troll who refuses to give fans straight answers about anything remotely related to versus battling.

Everything else points to the contrary in both canon and non-canon potrayals.

again, don't know nor care, just posted it so they could stop talking to me about it. I don't even have a copy of the game. im out of here.

Kamiya was obviously not trolling there, that isn't arguable.

However, since his creations clash with his word, then they take precedence.

Also the implication about it being speed amp is hilarious in scenes where Witch Time is activated, and Bayo and Jeanne just have a casual conversation while in Witch Time, and then fight and enter Witch Time while within Witch Time.

Also dunno if this is still into discussion but

>Srry misread someone else points. Anyways so the date of that article was the date Smash came out, they definitely got it from Smash, not a Bayo game.

What? The article was made during 2009.

This sounds like something for staff discussion and for another time if anything; so yeah, it does sound like a good time to close the thread.

Bayonetta, having been DLC about a year, if not more, after Smash came out, would make that a coincidence.

Last bit of input from me...

I'm unsure of multi-dimensional range.

Here, we see Bayo activate witch time while Enzo's car is flying in the air, and destruction is everywhere. Given.

Shortly after, we see her use her magic portal thing to go to Purgatorio.

If her witch time affected both realms at the same time, why is it that when she switched dimensions, the angels were waiting for her, clearly unaffected by witch time in any capacity?

In fact, it's not until this scene where we clearly see witch time being activated in Purgatorio, do we see any evidence of the lesser angels being affected by it. We also don't see them break free of witch time's bonds until after that very scene.

Additionally, her fight against Sapientia showed no evidence of witch time. Here, we see her cross over to Purgatorio, not activate witch time, further evidenced by the fact that we see Luka and baby Bayo zip up the helicopter at normal speed.

In fact, there's no cutscene where witch time is activated, which means outside of gameplay which has no contribution to the storyline, it doesn't happen.

We see her cross over from Purgatorio and beat Luka to the helicopter that he was already zipping up, and the only likely conclusion there is, is pure speed.

It should be noted that Purgatorio and the real world share the same space-time (or maybe they don't, idk, unsure about the third dimension. If they do then nothing makes sense anymore :^)), with the only difference is that its occupants are invisible, but they can still physically interact with the normal world, like Madara's limbo.

I agree I was looking at the sapienta fight and she goes into purgo and comes out however theres no indication WT did anything to or effected real world time or actions they zipped normally. She simply fought in purgo and came out after.

Zensum said:
I agree I was looking at the sapienta fight and she goes into purgo and comes out however theres no indication WT did anything to or effected real world time or actions they zipped normally. She simply fought in purgo and came out after.
The Sapientia fight is very blatantly fought with Witch Time affecting the real world

In the first point, Bayo activates witch time, but it seems that from the 19:30 and on, objects are still moving slowly instead of crawling to a complete stop. This is evidence for the slowdown of time instead of stopping it.

And when Bayonetta arrives at Purgatorio, objects in the background move at regular speeds instead of moving to a crawl, which means that the slowdown of time has not affected that particular area.

This would mean that the Witch-time being able to affect things cross-dimensionally should be considered incorrect, as it would require WT to affect two or more dimensions in order to qualify.

WeeklyBattles said:
Where did anyone say Witch Time affected both realms at once? Because it didnt, even i didnt imply that.
The Sapientia fight is very blatantly Witch Time

1. If she did activate witch time, she would've done so in the human world.

2. We see Luka look dow directly after she jumps over to Purgatorio and Bayonetta is gone, evidence that witch time was not used.

Weaklypls

@Unite 1. Which she did, hence why time is slowed both before and after she fought jeanne. She can still use Withc Time in the fight in Purgatorio with time slowed in the real world as evidenced by the end when she went back into the real world, time was still slowed

2. And then time is slowed, she fights and beats Saipenta, and is in the helicopter waiting for Luka. Its ridiculous to think she would be able to beat Saipentia in the time it takes for Luka to move 10ish feet without using Witch Time on the real world.

1. Im not, im talking about the first scene you questioned and am giving you reasoning as to why its legitimate.

2. So I guess Luka just took his sweet ass time and just sorta hung there in the middle of a thunderstorm holding a child ten feet from the helicopter for ten minutes for no reason? Occam's Razor my boy.

1. Pretty sure we should've been talking about the Sapientia fight. You gave an answer to my response on an irrelevant topic, which I'm not paying any attention to atm.

2. Aren't dialogues a free time in fiction or something? Otherwise MFTL characters talking at regular human speed and such, or it's simply a PIS. We can't pretend something happened when it doesn't, and its consistently does occur as such throughout the entire game.

Bayonetta didn't activate witch time, that much is indisputable. To say there was a time slow is to say she miraculously gained a new ability before the fight.

Its been consistently shown that Bayo can affect the Real World from Purgatorio and both the real world and Purgatorio simultaneously so how did she miraculously gain a new ability?

Because she didn't use witch time, but according to your logic, "there was a time slow" and it clearly wasn't witch time, the only ability she has that is capable of this.

Matthew Schroeder said:
And both Bayonetta and Sapientia were talking for many minutes in normal human speed before fight began. There was absolutely a time slow there

And how did the background environment act during that specific scene? Was everything slowed down, or did everything move at normal speeds?

If it is regarding this scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA-c6Ado2b4&t=31s

Then time was flowing as normal in that scene, because the environment in the background were moving at normal speed here. If time manipulation was involved in that specific scene, everything would have been slowed down.

@Weekly

Are you going to provide valid counter-evidence or are you going to keep giving Bayonetta new abilities as this drags on? While I wait, I'll also readdress the Enzo scene.

"Here, we see Bayo activate witch time while Enzo's car is flying in the air, and destruction is everywhere. Given.

Shortly after, we see her use her magic portal thing to go to Purgatorio.

If her witch time affected both realms at the same time, why is it that when she switched dimensions, the angels were waiting for her, clearly unaffected by witch time in any capacity?

In fact, it's not until this scene where we clearly see witch time being activated in Purgatorio, do we see any evidence of the lesser angels being affected by it. We also don't see them break free of witch time's bonds until after that very scene."

In addition, seeing time slowed in the real world (TRW) does not equate to time being slowed in Purgatorio.

You can see time slowed in the real world, because Purgatorio and TRW occupy the same space, but are in different dimensions, so from Purgatorio you see TRW slowed, but in Purgatorio you do not, hence the angels are waiting for Bayonetta at normal speed and reactions, and they aren't shown being affected by Witch Time until we actually see it being activated in Purgatorio.

@Unite Im not giving her new abilities, im supporting the abilities she already legitimately has.

She activates Witch Time in the real world, goes into Purgatorio, uses Witch Time in the fight against Jeanne in Purgatorio, then leaves purgatorio and goes back to the real world and time is still slowed in the real world. Witch Time wasnt used in Purgatorio when she first entered it, only when she used it there. What is the issue here exactly...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back