• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bayonetta's Witch Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
For comparison, it's the same thing she does to enter Purgatorio in the Enzo scene

https://youtu.be/9QYQ3Dk3_Cg?t=19m31s

She leaves Purgatorio here

https://youtu.be/9QYQ3Dk3_Cg?t=21m58s

And you can see the difference, because the first purple circle leaves Purgatorio, the second one cancels witch time.

At this point there's just a few people with slight confusion regarding the purgatorio magic and witch time, and circular arguments going against what is clearly on the screen.

Well, I am too busy to be able to properly evaluate this. Perhaps it would be best if Weekly closes this thread, restarts it in the staff forum with an initial summary, after which UMR can also post a summary, and then you can ask Azathoth to evaluate it.

Azzy has been informed. I could make a staff thread that is condensed and neater than what we have.

It may be best if Weekly posts his summary first, and then you can post yours.

Hang on, before we do that let me just ask, what exactly would this change? Im honestly not even sure what UMR is arguing anymore

Witch Time's range. From multi-dimensional to dozens of meters to kilometers, possibly higher unless we have some solid range.

This thread has turned too long to easily overview, and Azathoth has limited time available.

@Ant If i may, i'd like to see if this can be sorted out without having to remake another thread and discuss solely between staff

Unite My Rice said:
Witch Time's range. From multi-dimensional to dozens of meters to kilometers, possibly higher unless we have some solid range.
Why though when there are multiple instances of her using it to affect the real world while in Purgatorio?

Okay, if you think that works better, feel free to continue.

If it does not work out, you should probably try my option though.

WeeklyBattles said:
Why though when there are multiple instances of her using it to affect the real world while in Purgatorio?

This is the third time you've changed your argument at least, and I'd like some sleep.

And what instances, besides the repeatedly debunked ones? Also multi-dimensional isn't even a range. The range would be what the dimension represents, and I haven't seen evidence of Bayonetta time slowing an entire universe, let alone two.

Disputed =/= debunked, me, Matt, Rep, and Kink all disagree with you.

No one is claiming that Bayonetta can time slow the universe, only that she can time slow across parallel universes.

Kink actually said I make sense, and if you want to play this by the numbers then I heavily outweigh you in support. I'm also unsure if Repp is calling the portal to Paradiso witch time.

The logic I don't like is multi-dimensional as a range, and implying she can use witch time across two dimensions at the same time, which is debunked by the game in multiple scenes. If she doesn't have multi-universal/universal/planet range with the technique, then at best witch time's range should be that which is listed on her profile for her summons.

...You do know that her summons come from a parallel universe as well right...? And can attack across said universe in the same way she can time slow?

Thats how large they are, but she literally summons parts of them from across Inferno into whatever realm she is in and uses them as attacks

So you're saying multi-universal? Cause dimensions as a range aren't a part of the range chart.

Witch time has only been shown to work on one dimension at a time, and even then the range of the technique is unknown.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Bayonetta can slow-time across parallel dimensions. She does it against Luka thrice.
Are you saying she can timeslow one dimension while in another? If so, vids.

I've youtubed three Luka scenes from the game including 1 from Bayo 2, and none included witch time, just transferring to Purgatorio.

In-gameplay when you fight the angels after first meeting Luka if you use Witch Time Luka is affected. Then again when he is trying to photograph Bayonetta in Purgatorio, she uses Witch Time and draws on his face, and then again with her fight against Sapientia lasting for minutes and still arriving at the Helicopter before Luka, something impossible without Witch Time.

1. Don't know what gameplay you watched, but I haven't seen that with the ones I watched, and even then, lore > cutscenes >>>>>>>>>> gameplay.

The first time they meet, she's in Purgatorio.

Bay421
2. She doesn't use witch time to draw on his face. https://youtu.be/9LoKV8HK5kc?t=26s

She draws on his face from Purgatorio (he says "What the?") and that purple flash is her coming back to the real world, evidenced by the fact that he could now see her.

S ylVBh7RnmcFgM0kUpQxw
9DUnVI2MTzaPsoD44J 5uw
CMyELv2rRKi WsmPGE4l4A
XniWTy6nQc2iNiE NWibOw
RrC4Mji4SNSXsQi68PuCtg
3. Her fight with Sapientia uses Purgatorio once again, not witch time. Not really impossible either.

She clearly crosses over into Purgatorio and Luka zips up. As he is doing so, he looks down and surprise surprise, no Bayonetta, and instant proof witch time wasn't used. As she surfs up to the chopper, she comes back into the real world.

Further proof witch time wasn't used:

-The entire boss fight gameplay wasn't in witch time

-The raging storm and sea are moving at full speed

FgF9ZRICRLmzxxvOKw Mtw
UrI70mTiQaSv-J4xUY 9HA
-Ba3sQkORJO3rCu 7G297A
4. I already made clear the fact that Bayonetta uses her abilities within each dimension with the Enzo scene.

First you see her activate witch time (which has no portal indicator), then she creates the portal for Purgatorio to jump through. 19:22 - 19:31

https://youtu.be/9QYQ3Dk3_Cg?t=19m20s

NNYneCRWS6q-fCayB3I0ZA
EOFQX2VlRyKNJDcAXT1FHg
T2zcDGYlSlGBUiNa0MZTnQ
She leaves Purgatorio here

https://youtu.be/9QYQ3Dk3_Cg?t=21m58s

And you can see the difference, because the first purple circle leaves Purgatorio, the second one cancels witch time.

Further proof: -She activates witch time in the real world, goes to Purgatorio where the motion of every living thing an object is unhindered

-She encounters Jeanne, then witch time is activated applying its time slowing effects, since the angels are now moving in slow motion

8hy1bnCqQoCrl9AB0ZUJfg
UIxYO6aXTFy97WJ0bHq7hA

I agree with Rice. You are mistaking her using WT for her entering/leaving purgo. WT is not used in these cinematics so we shouldn't assume it was. No evidence for anything about cross dimensional WT effecting places she's not presently in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back