• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starter_Pack

The Forgotten, Yet Destined
VS Battles
Administrator
One day, in the Halidom, Ifrit had a large amount of books stacked around him in the courtyard. He once heard one of the humans saying that knowledge was the greatest power, and that books were some of the greatest sources of knowledge around. So, he determined himself to proving that his power was greater than that of some silly books, so Cleo brought the books out for him, on the condition that they be returned in the exact condition that they were lent to him in. Begrudgingly agreeing, he sat in the midst of the books, until one tome caught his eye. Picking it up, he shrugged and carefully opened the pages, and he suddenly disappeared from the Halidom, falling and eventually landing with a grunt inside of some kind of cave, though floor and walls felt almost like one of those countless androids he had crushed underfoot. Suddenly, a heavy roar sounded from behind him, and he turned to see a giant...thing half submerged in lava, raising it's oversized hand to crash down on him. Ifrit smiled and smashed his fists together. "So, this is the power of knowledge! Right then, come at me!"

In the blue corner, we have Ifrit from Dragalia Lost, and in the red corner, we have the Ifrit Golem from Sonic and the Secret Rings.

dragalia_lost_android_ios_switch_028.jpg
18.jpg

• This is a battle to the death or incapacitation. No holds barred.
  • Neither character are aware of each other beforehand, and there is no prep time.
  • Neither character are allowed any outside help.
  • This battle takes place in the Evil Foundry, giving the Ifrit Golem the homefield advantage.
  • Speed is equalized.
With all this being said, let the debate begin!

• Storybook Dragon: 1 (Armorchompy)
  • Storybook Robot: 0
  • Inconclusive: 0

Last edited:
I assume both can endure their own heat so fire manip shouldn't matter much here. What does the Golem summon?

Explosive barrels that he tosses at the opponent.

Oh, I see. Well, the heat part of the explosions doesn't matter too much but I guess the AP part does. How does AP stack up?

Ifrit Golem has an untiered statement of being able to burn the world to nothing, as well as scaling to base Modern Sonic, who could output a power of 5.8955639E33 joules.

Ifrit once was able to push the moon out of a solar eclipse in a very fast amount of time, giving him an output level of 1.7743506e+34 Joules.

So, DL Ifrit is around 2X more powerful than Ifrit Golem.

I see, Ifrit DL should win then since as I see it both are mostly raw strength bruisers, and DL Ifrit also has the LS and possibly skill advantage.

Alright, one vote for Ifrit.

Now to have no one ever reply to this thread again, meaning it's just another one to throw on the pile.

The second we get to 6 votes I'll remove mine so you have to suffer more

Too bad, because I’d actually like to see the Ifrit golem been used vs match.

Not sure if this changes anything and it isn't added to the profile yet, but Ifrit Golem can shrug off regular blows of fire elementals since they're tied to the realm of fire or something like that IIRC.

It's why Sonic regular attacks didn't do anything until he found the Aqua Ring, since the arrow of judgement tied him to the realm of fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back