• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Gonna shake it up and vote Neck Grandpa. Yeah, he isn't quiiiite as skilled, but is close enough. Add that onto range advantage, limited durability bypass with Black Mortal Blade, and paralysis with Lightning of Tomoe, and I'd say Isshin has enough wincons with a little luck and a lot of having his skills pushed to their absolute limit for me to warrant voting for him, even if he only barely edges out Musashi

Isshin can't control where his lightning strikes, and doing the lightning slash requires him to be standing at a proper location where lightning will strike him.

Still, I'll wait until Prom does her Baki revisions before I make a solid vote.

Ok, the score so far is 5-1. If Musashi gets two more votes now, we can still end the thread before it gets forgotten.

Sir Ovens said:
Isshin can't control where his lightning strikes, and doing the lightning slash requires him to be standing at a proper location where lightning will strike him.
Eh, kinda seems like LoT users can control where their lightning strikes, or at least are insanely consistent with predicting where lightning will fall. Either that or they just call down lightning using their weapons as attractors. For example, at one point in his phase transition cutscene, Genichiro isn't even in a proper fighting stance or anything, much less using proper LoT form, and still gets a bolt of lightning to hit his sword.

SheevShezarrine said:
Sir Ovens said:
Eh, kinda seems like LoT users can control where their lightning strikes, or at least are insanely consistent with predicting where lightning will fall. Either that or they just call down lightning using their weapons as attractors. For example, at one point in his phase transition cutscene, Genichiro isn't even in a proper fighting stance or anything, much less using proper LoT form, and still gets a bolt of lightning to hit his sword.
According to a redditor who commented on one of my posts, Isshin apparently isn't using/or cannot use as well as Genichiro the Lightning of Tomoe. He is using Lightning Reversal like Sekiro. They pointed out that the storm seems to form naturally/slower than Genichiro's(Genichiro Phase - Clouds, 1st Phase - Rain, 2nd Phase - Wind and flashes of lightning in the sky, 3rd - Storm insanity). Another thing they brought up is how naturally the lightning strikes Isshin's weapon, whereas Genichiro and the Okami are obviously manipulating its trajectory.

Again, this is his comment, not mine. I take his words with a pinch of salt. But I do think Isshin can't use the Lightning of Tomoe as well as Genichiro can, since it's probably an ability he got from him post-resurrection.

I don't think he did. I think his skills with it somewhat equate to his ability to use the Senpou Style. He does it, but compared to the Lone Shadows, it's a poor display.

Prom is revising the verse. Musashi is losing his 7-C rating.

Well, seeing how there are no new votes and 2 days have past, I think it's safe to say this thread is concluded.

Back