• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
SenatorArmstrong3
"You don't want none of this smoke buddy"

Obi-Wan Kenobi
"Hello there"

Jesus Christ vs Donald Trump

Erm, I mean, High 7-C Kenobi ROTS vs Senator Armstrong

Admit it, if you're a fan of either series you have every last one of Kenobi (mainly in ROTS) and Armstrong's lines memorized

Both have knowledge of the other, fight takes place in Konoha

Speed equalized

Obi-Wan is unstoppable with the High Ground, but there's no way he'll be able to get past Nanomachines, son.

Inconclusive FRA

So from what I can tell. Obi-Wan mindhaxxing won't be that effective since this is in canon.

Telekinesis won't work because of Armstrong's lifting strength.

...Hopefully that Matter Manipulation pans out.

Actually, Telekinesis will work. Without amlny leverage to resist with, lifting strength is useless against a grip trying to lift you up, it just means he can't hold you down with it.

Doesn't the force just push you? Armstrong can shrug off a push by a character with much higher lifting strength than Obi Wan without leverage

Twellas said:
Doesn't the force just push you? Armstrong can shrug off a push by a character with much higher lifting strength than Obi Wan without leverage
No. It is blatantly capable of lifting people into the air.

Anyways, all joking aside, I'll present my argument.

Obi Wan Kenobi is unquestionably the more skilled opponent, but Armstrong has feats of bullying more skilled opponents casually. And, yes, for the record, Raiden is more skilled than Kenobi. Any martial artist worth their salt can use a weightless weapon with enough practice. Raiden, meanwhile, was a dreaded one man army at the same age Kenobi was still doing basic blindfold tests.

However, I don't believe Armstrong can plow through Kenobi for one simple reason. Armstrong is a boisterous bruiser and an offensive dervish. Aka, he's the exact kind of enemy Kenobi fights all the time. Darth Maul, Savage Opress, General Grievous, and Anakin Skywalker. All overwhelming offensive forces who relentlessly hammered into Kenobi and Kenobi has still consistently been able to endure and outmaneuver.

He leads his enemy into unfavorable positions, exploits environmental advantages, and uses incredibly subtle tactics (IE. Parrying Grievous's wrists rather than his blades when he over extended himself and baiting Darth Maul into using a certain saber style by changing his stance, then exploiting the resulting opening).

Making matters worse, is that Armstrong has proven weak against these tactics. Remember when Sam cut off his hand? Kenobi's observant enough to notice that same weakpoint and more than willing to exploit it.

Then, you factor in force abilities. Sure, Kenobi can't blast Armstrong back with a push like he does with Grievous, but he can ragdoll him. Strength is relative when leverage is applied. If Armstrong is lifted into the air, he's not going to have anything to leverage his strength with and therefore, would be unable to escape Kenobi's grip.

Then there's ranged options. Anything Armstrong throws gets tossed back with telekinesis (sans things only he can lift with lifting strength). Precognition helos Kenobi handle the rest.

Couple all of this with the fact that Armstrong is on a time limit abd he's fighting someone who specializes in letting you beat the shit out of him while you wear out. Simply put, if Sam could outlast Armstrong (per WOG) then the grand master of the defensive style of lightsaber combat certainly can too.

Kenobi 8/10.

Just a thing: The whole thing with Sam cutting Armstrong's arm only happened because Sam used the Laido, which is more than a 10x boost to speed, Raiden himself couldn't do it with Ripper Mode Blade Mode, which is a 10x multiplier, no way Kenobi is doing anything like that to Armstrong in a speed-equal match.

Armstrong has big aoe shockwaves, as well as fissures of fire, and Kenobi doesn't resist extreme heat, so he's getting burnt to a crisp as soon as the flames or the explosions hit him.

The problem with "oputlasting Armstrong" is that his fight with Raiden lasted hours, and he was showing no signs of slowing down, also, i can't for the life of me find that supposed Kojima interview, not that it would matter, since Kojima didn't write the story and the fact that Armstrong's nanomachines run out of power was never even hinted at in-game.

Add to this the fact that Armstrong can heal himself (no, he doesn't need to absorb technology to do it), reattach limbs, and that the Lightsabre cannot harm him due to his resistance to extreme heat, I don't see Kenobi winning here, especially when it's not in character for him to just force-spam people during a close-quarters fight

I mean, Obi-Wan's and Anakin's fight lasted similarly long abd Obi-Wan wasn't slowing down either. Which is honestly more imoressive seeing how Kenobi was getting pummeled throughout most of it, while Armstrong was mostly kicking Raiden's ass.

Like I said, precog helps him handle the fissures. Not to mention, Kenobi was handled massive shockwaves before.

I mean, he doesn't "spam" people, but he pretty clearly uses his force powers whenever the opportunity arises.

The second half of the fight was a slugfest, with Raiden kicking Armstrong's shit in culminating with Armstrong having a sword shoved through his guts, and Obi-Wan's fight wasn't even CLOSE to being him "getting pummeled throughout most of it", it was completely equal.

I don't even recall Obi-Wan ever using the force to lift an opponent in the air canonically, if he's ever gonna do it, it's going to be inconsequential because AT BEST he's gonna use it once.

That being said, if Armstrong gets a hold of Kenobi he gets his spine broken in two

Armstrong took more punishment in the first 30 seconds of the second half of the fight than what Kenobi took throught its entirety

I'm sure he has lifted opponents into the air in canon, but only when they were in a weaker position compared to him (i.e dueling opponents who had been knocked down, or Mandalorians/other bounty hunters)

Back