• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Kurapika is definitely smarter than Black Star but I'm not sure that can overcome his raw power and skill in combat. Is this just Black Star or does he have Tsubaki with him?

I'm fairly certain Kurapika's strongest techniques can only be used on the spiders; even w/the chain probably cutting off his soul energy, Black Star may or may not have enough raw strength to break the chains

Does Kurapika get to use chain jail/spider-specific abilities? Also, I doubt Black☆Star could break the chains. An 8-A physical powerhouse didn't even come close to breaking them when trying his absolute hardest.

UcHuman said:
Does Kurapika get to use chain jail/spider-specific abilities? Also, I doubt Black☆Star could break the chains. An 8-A physical powerhouse didn't even come close to breaking them when trying his absolute hardest.
I'm pretty sure that was due to the fact that the chains were cutting of Uvogin's Nen which would make him weaker than his usual 8-A level

True. Forced Zetsu was a major player with that ability. Uvogin did, however, did state that the chains have an insane amount of nen bound to them. Since Uvogin was powerless against the chains during Zetsu, there might be a chance Black☆Star can break the chains with Tsubaki. I'll hold off my vote until I get an answer about chain jail being used in this matchup.

JnSteHar002 said:
Kurapika is definitely smarter than Black Star but I'm not sure that can overcome his raw power and skill in combat. Is this just Black Star or does he have Tsubaki with him?
Isn't Kurapika stronger?

115 tons for Black Star

145 tons for Kurapika

or is there another feat Black Star scales to that I'm not aware of?

I'm pretty sure that wouldn't fully apply here. I mean, Kurapika's most powerful techniques are meant to only work on the Phantom Troupe and it's shown that the only time Uvogin seemed to be even really hurt was when he was covered in Chain Jail.

Yeah that was what I was thinking. But doesn't the restriction only apply to his chain jail? I thought that he said he could use the judgement chain on anyone he pleases.

I'm not sure. I'd have to check. Such a blatantly OP ability in that verse seems to come with massive restrictions though. Just based upon what I recall of their mechanics.

Maybe what you are thinking of is his Scarlet Eyes? He has to have his eyes in that color to activate it, but he states that he can make them scarlet any time he wants.

NOOBDUDEMANDUDE said:
So until someone can find something that says that Kurapika can't do what I stated before, Im going with Kurapika.
Black Star and Tsubaki are a team. Even if Black Star were to be hit by Kurapika's chain and is no longer able to move, (which I highly doubt considering Black Star can grab photon lasers mid travel((Photon Grab) ) Black Star is able to create multiple shadow clones who are comparable in strength to him(Clones) , levitating shadow blades and a shadow scarf that he or Tsubaki can freely control(shadow blades 1, , shadow blades 2) , and even a shadow puppet. Tsubaki's chain can also move independently from Black Star's control and she can fight alone to free Black Star of the Judgement chain. Kurapika can only place the nen blade on non-Phantom Troupe members if he is using his Scarlet Eyes, and that is shown to place huge strain on him in the current arc. And all of that negates just his Judgement Chain. Black Star would disrupt his nen with soul force then proceed to smack him around.

Hagane no Saiyajin said:
IntonerKun said:
(which I highly doubt considering Black Star can grab photon lasers mid travel((Photon Grab) )
This is End of Series Black Star, not Beginning of Series!
I didn't know EOS Black Star wasn't allowed, my bad. But still... Black Star was able to outwit and outspeed Mifune very early in his development, and Mifune was a literal Battle God at the time.

With Ren, Kurapika has the pseudo-passive ability to: paralyze Black Star with fear, drive him insane, or just kill him with the sheer intensity of his aura. Black Star doesn't have Ten so he has no protection to Ren.

Back