• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle For the Title of 2nd Strongest Smash Character (?)

It_is_i_wyatt

Bronze Supporter
Joker_Persona-5_Atlus_1920.jpg
38b72faea18a2cde1ca6b3499fb1b7c3727b3812_hq.jpg

3rd Semester to True End-Game Ren Amamiya vs. Post-Magicant Ness

thought Ness was the 2nd strongest and then remembered that Ren resists fate manip

Speed not equalized

Ren: 0
Ness: 3 (giverofthepeace, oleggator, policedept)
Incon: 0

Last edited:
ness can see ghosts but I assume personas have more than just regular non corporeality

You know the usual, Ness and his verse are under great revisions so we can't really do matchups with him yadda yadda yadda.

Oh and fate hax gg.
Resistances and Affinities: Resistance to Fate Manipulation and Causality Manipulation (as the Trickster, Ren is unaffected by the predetermined fates that exist within the Persona verse, which binds even Type 4 Acausals), Cognition (the Phantom Thieves' wills of rebellion serve as protection against the effects of Cognition). Depending on the equipped Persona, Resistance, Invulnerability, Reflection and/or Absorption of: Fire, Ice, Lightning, Wind, Radiation, Explosion, Psychokinetic, Energy, Holy, Light, Curse, Darkness and Death Manipulation.

Resistances and Affinities: Resistance to Fate Manipulation and Causality Manipulation (as the Trickster, Ren is unaffected by the predetermined fates that exist within the Persona verse, which binds even Type 4 Acausals), Cognition (the Phantom Thieves' wills of rebellion serve as protection against the effects of Cognition). Depending on the equipped Persona, Resistance, Invulnerability, Reflection and/or Absorption of: Fire, Ice, Lightning, Wind, Radiation, Explosion, Psychokinetic, Energy, Holy, Light, Curse, Darkness and Death Manipulation.
His fate hax resistance is nowhere near the same level also Truth already bypasses type 4 aca so this is not really a good resistance.

Truth's fate makes it where basically any action Ren takes is under their designed plan, so even if Ren was to theoretically incap or kill Ness, Truth would view that as a bad dream and undo it. Also the fate hax is technically affecting Ness, Joker resisting fate hax isn't really helpful here.

Doesn’t Ren resist fatehax, or is ness’s too potent, apparently Ren beat Steve but I can’t actually find the thread so idk what rens response to HDE is, I’ve been told he bypass’s steves HDE because he’s 4-D but idk if that’s enough

Doesn’t Ren resist fatehax, or is ness’s too potent, apparently Ren beat Steve but I can’t actually find the thread so idk what rens response to HDE is, I’ve been told he bypass’s steves HDE because he’s 4-D but idk if that’s enough
HDE =/= the range from what I can tell on the wiki's standards. Ren has no universal range listed on his profile so he can't reach Ness.

@TheQuirkyBoy i know, that’s why this is in fun and games
Since this is fun and games and because how stupidly outdated Ness's profile is, does Ren have any solutions of getting pass Conceptual Absorption or any 4-D PSI abilities? Fate hax absolutely crushes Ren's resistances to my knowledge as they aren't to the scale of the TOTU, who encompasses all possibilities (as it exist as a Wave Function) and is able to protect beings that are outside of the EarthBound's Cosmology. This also allows Ness to win regardless of the action Ren takes, even if it serves as an advantage towards himself. And even if Ren kills or incaps Ness, Truth would negate it under its own perspective of reality, where it ultimately turns everything into a dream within Ness's viewing; allowing him to win if he were to mess up.

Going to add 2 ness votes (giverofpeace and quirkyboy) who else FRA?
Erm well, I didn't really place a vote yet. I was just saying the stuff Ness has. I'm certain Persona supporters have a thing up their sleeves, so I'm gonna wait to hear what they have to say. Unless they agree Ness wins, in which case hooray.

I forget, does 3 votes for 1 character and no votes for the other mean something? Though this is fun and games so I guess it doesn’t really have to

I forget, does 3 votes for 1 character and no votes for the other mean something? Though this is fun and games so I guess it doesn’t really have to
Number of votes doesn't matter until one character reaches 7 votes. If a character has 7 votes and has 3 or more votes than the other character, that character will be declared winner after the grace period.

And even if Ren kills or incaps Ness, Truth would negate it under its own perspective of reality, where it ultimately turns everything into a dream within Ness's viewing; allowing him to win if he were to mess up.
I thought it would only do that if Ness were killed though? iirc, Ness can still be incapped through other means

ness fate hax come from totu, so while ness himself won't becaome low 1-C if the low 1-C upgrade gets accepted his fate hax will

I thought it would only do that if Ness were killed though? iirc, Ness can still be incapped through other means
Nope, it works for incap as well. If all of your party members are inflicted with the diamondized/and Paralysis status effect, the game treats it as a game over (Although the latter comes from Mother 1, but since Ninten and Ness have the same game over screen, it would still apply). However, the event that played out in Threed (where Ness and Paula get knocked out by gangs of Zombies and thrown into a deep hole where they can't escape at all) was meant to play out so they can contact Jeff. Essentially, it was supposed to happen in order to progress their journey. This in itself wouldn't mean this is the "drawback" to fate hax despite getting hurt, as it acted as a way to help the Chosen Four achieve victory over Giygas by any means necessary. Aside from that, their battles get reverted should anything bad happen to them. Including getting KO, incapped, and Death. Although curious, could you elaborate on the "Can be incapped through other means"? Nothing comes to mind in game when you say that.

Last edited:
Back