• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle for the strongest 8-C

To say that the virus has a soul is to say Alexander Mercer has Soul Manip. Might as well give them a power they have not displayed. Also, by that logic, robots have souls because it wasn't stated otherwise. That's simply not how it works.

I remember a old thread saying the real world profiles should have immunity to soul hax since souls aren't a thing, but do you give resistances for lacking of proofs to anything? It is a NLF.

Things that aren't alive normally doesn't have souls, which includes objects, corpses, robots and... viruses are alive?

There's still the aura smurf mindhax though, which apparently works regardless if the target has a soul or not...

And if the mindhax really is tier 1, then that's something beyond Mercer's Mind Manipulation resistance...

No, Culexus has some potent midhax to mindhaxes Ahzek Ahrima, but not on tier 1. Not unless there is proof of such.

Being powered by the warp does not make his mindhax tier 1B unless he has feats of affecting someone that embody 1B structure or 1B space itself.

although I heard that it only works with characters that only have unnatural powers at their maximum power (I say that it depends on the objective your mind hax varies) iirc

Oliver de jesus said:
although I heard that it only works with characters that only have unnatural powers at their maximum power (I say that it depends on the objective your mind hax varies) iirc
The Tau have virtually no supernatural powers and a Culexus basically incapped a room full of them with his passive mind-hax. Mind-hax that bypass resistances from Ahzek Ahriman. Resistances that come in layers of barriers and can tank other powerful psykers, some of whom can mind-hax entire planets.

Culexus passively GGs.

There is also the problem with the range. The profile only says several meters, but Planck69 said, "He's described as flooding a battlefield with his null aura once. One of them gives Ahriman seizures from an ungodly distance and enough of them in one place can block entire parts of the Astronomican, which spans thousands light-years. It's definitely higher than just a dozen meters but to what extent I'm not sure."

If you take his words into account, then Culexus win.

Otherwise... yeah, Bouichirou Yamato takes no.1.

Why? Culexus mind-haxxes him as well, blitzes and soul-taps etc. Having more potent smurf-hax isn't always an automatic entry to the list.

Culexus can just...turn invisible and sneak up on him to GG. It's definitely in-character

Planck69 said:
Culexus can just...turn invisible and sneak up on him to GG. It's definitely in-character
Nah, thought based subjective reality on the whole 1A level range and potency nopes him. Anyway that is irrelevant to this match.

Eganergo said:
Nah, thought based subjective reality on the whole 1A level range and potency nopes him. Anyway that is irrelevant to this match.
Unless his very first thought is to do that to a person he can barely see from miles away, Culexus just becomes invisble and struts over. Considering the fact that he lacks NPI and ESP, he isn't noticing at all.

Anyway, I'll let this drop, you can continue on my wall.

I'm not sure why this thread is even made when the strongest 8-C entry that Mercer is entered in doesn't accept anything smurf-related (Which Culexus seems to have somewhere, and also the fact that there's the forum move coming up), but alright then.

Back