• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle for the future Wizard King

Epsilon_R

He/Him
Let's end this year with this:

Asta Vs Yuno

Both are in character

Elves' Invasion arc for both

Both start in base form but can use their transformation

Asta: 3

Yuno: 1

Incon: 1

Black Clover Asta and Yuno

Voting Asta. Better Precog, instinctive reaction, can shut down Yuno's options with his primary form of attack, and it only gets stronger with his passive aura that should match Yuno's.

Asta: Can nullify Magic and has a passive aura in Black Asta

Yuno: Can fly in base form, use Mana Zone and Spirit Dive lasts far longer than Black Asta. He also has the range advantage

Love that pic

I think Asta can't null all of Yuno's projectiles, Mana Zone could be useful, but Asta still has this, though it's close ASF because they are definitely equals in their own regards.

They both have instinctive reaction. Also don't forget Asta needs time to transform into Black Asta

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
I know, but doesn't Yuno's precog and IR require Spirit Dive? And Black Asta doesn't take as long, especially if it's current Asta.
This is post elves Asta/Yuno. He can use IR with Bell and precog with Mana Zone

If this is current Asta I'll give it to him. He can literally absorb Yunos attacks or cancel them out

Yuno isn't a physical fighter. Tbh I'm pretty sure Asta has way more stamina than Yuno and his endurance is way better

Asta can also fly and can send his own projectiles

AstralKing7 said:
If this is current Asta I'll give it to him. He can literally absorb Yunos attacks or cancel them out

Yuno isn't a physical fighter. Tbh I'm pretty sure Asta has way more stamina than Yuno and his endurance is way better

Asta can also fly and can send his own projectiles
This is Asta when he fought the Devil, not current Asta since we don't even know what powers Yuno gained during the Timeskip.

Spirit Dive has shown several times to be far more durable than Black Asta (Here, here and here)

Thing is, this is Pre-Timeskip Asta

How does that show spirit dive being more durable?

He cushions the damage with his wind

Matter of fact each of those scans doesn't show him taking damage

I say Yuno, because Yuno isn't going to let Asta turn Black, without a fight. Also Yuno's Spirit Dive lasts longer.

It's 3-1, in Asta's favor.

Asta (Milly Rocking Bandit, ABoogieYesSir, and Enryu The Red Tower) Yuno (NomsNoms)

I didn't count SpookyShadow, because he didn't vote, and I didn't count AstralKing7 because he answered on behalf of current Asta, even though this is Asta when he fought the Devil (I suggest you add this to prevent any future confusion).

I agree with NomsNoms last comment. If I hadn't very carefully read and reread the thread, I wouldn't have noticed that we are discussing Yuno and Asta specifically at the time of the Devil.

If this being evaluated based on their stats and feats from the ending of the elves's arc invasion but pre-timeskip, then Asta doesn't really take any time to transform. Only amped Black Asta from the fight against Zagred really took time.

Honestly, I see more ways of Asta winning than for Yuno, but I think this fight is inconclusive. I'm basing this off the fact that Asta and Yuno were effectively equals during the fight versus Zagred, or at least ended up as equals by the end of that fight, and they also have similar stats. Yuno has more resources than Asta, but Asta's few resources can deal with multiple of Yuno's each. The thing is, Asta is a hard counter for Yuno, it's technically a winning match-up for Asta, but Yuno can keep up due to the sheer amount of power he has. So i can see Yuno feasibly keeping up with Asta, and he may even win due to Asta slipping up, since Asta being reckless is something Asta does frequently. But in terms of sheer strategy, I think Asta has more of a chance, hence the match could go either way.

That's my justification for Incon.

Back